DCOE Carburettor rebuild videos | FerrariChat

DCOE Carburettor rebuild videos

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Tojo, Mar 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I found these two very well made Weber DCOE rebuild videos on youtube yesterday. pretty helpful for anyone who might be looking to do a rebuild. I think they'll be handy in conjunction with the Weber overhaul manual, that I assume most of us who do our own work already have. For those that don't know much about carby's these videos are great to watch and learn with too.

The carby's in these videos are for an Alfa, but the are almost identical to our 365/400 ones.

rovexienus likes this.
  2. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Better have a BIG bench for 3 times as many parts!

Tojo likes this.
  3. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    I watched the first but not the second video. In the first there are two critical steps he quickly passed over. 1. Getting the throttle plates right side around and getting them exactly centered. There is a little play between screws and holes to allow some adjustment so that with no idle stop they go full closed. I usually found those screws are peened over once tightened so they need to be replaced on a rebuild. 2. The float level adjustment is also critical.but well explained in any Weber manual.
    Ken

4. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    In the second longer video, he spends a little more time talking about getting the throttle plates correctly centered, and also setting the float level. It's a more thorough assembly guide, though there are minor things like peened screws etc that aren't there. I guess you can't fit every minor detail in without making a movie length epic. Some things can only be truly learnt by doing it yourself to get the experience too.

5. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Thanks, I'll watch the second video, glad it covers those details.
    Ken

6. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    2nd video is very good and does not miss much. He includes functionality. He trusts red Loctitie over peening the throttle plate screws; consider the consequence of a screw dropping out! Maybe Loctitie red is more reliable.
    Ken

7. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    This is great. I'm rebuilding the Webers on my Caterham.