Can you change brightness of the shift indicatior ? 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 | FerrariChat

Can you change brightness of the shift indicatior ? 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 458LOVE, Apr 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 458LOVE

458LOVE Rookie

Jan 29, 2020
    Is there a way to change the brightness of the shift indicator in middle of dash ? 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 - want to make brighter as I was test driving and couldn't figure it out.

2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    before someone says it, I just wanted to let you know that evetually you will rely your hearing alone to shift. The sound of the engine will tell you when to shift. You will know what I mean.

Tamahal likes this.
  3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Just realized that he's not talking about the steering wheel LED's. He's talking about the counter in the center of the rev counter.

No, there's no adjustment for that.

4. 458LOVE

458LOVE Rookie

Jan 29, 2020
    Thanks to both of you. Yes I was talking about the dash counter in the center of the rev counter. It was a sunny day and I thought it could be brighter. No one else ever thought so?

Here where the "N" is
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    lol! ohhhh...he meant the number of the shift?

6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    sorry I am not sure if we can increase the brightness...

7. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    My eyes are never looking down at the shift number on the rev counter when driving, especially at speed.

8. 458LOVE

458LOVE Rookie

Jan 29, 2020
    I guess you make a good point.. Also the steering wheel leds are all red and you think maybe the last led would be a different color to know you're at redline. I assume some people look at those leds? My next question is when you see the last led at redline how much time to do you have to shift before you hit rev limiter? I assume as soon as you see it or you might be in trouble.

9. eskanday

eskanday Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    The easiest thing to remember that each red dot is 1k after 5k RPM. There are 5 of them, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9k RPM

10. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    There is a brightness setting (in the left TFT screen menu) but I think it only impacts the TFT screens (left and right) and not the counter - you may try and check though.

11. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    We make different colors for you ! So like in the ROMA now and all F1 cars !

Colors as desired ...

Mail me, we have a big firm in USA/Canada … [email protected]

Image Unavailable, Please Login

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  12. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Yep, it bothered me to no end. When I saw that the issue had been corrected on the 488, I traded in my 458 and ordered a 488.

13. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Just tried messing with that, and shift indicator doesn't change brightness. Not that big a deal though. Also, do all the steering wheel leds light up when you first turn they key on on start the car? I saw a few videos where all are lit up and rpm's are at 0.

I assume that's funny sarcasm

14. 458LOVE

458LOVE Rookie

Jan 29, 2020
    LOL. I wish it could be brighter somehow. When shifting at 9k rpm I was surprised how fast you have to shift when you see that 5th LED. You have to shift as soon as that 5th led shows up or the car will pause. That's the rev limiter? It's very hard to shift at 9k rpm and time it correct?

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    With a 458 you can shift by sound quite easily.