430 - F430 Fuel Door Jammed | FerrariChat

430 F430 Fuel Door Jammed

Discussion in '360/430' started by SingleClutch, Apr 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
    I’ve had my F430 for about ten days now. Refueled it once without any issues. Today I went to pop the fuel door open and it did not open, although I could hear the actuator move. Repeated several times with the same result.

Tried the emergency pull handle in the engine compartment as well. I pulled several times until I finally pulled a little too hard and broke it :(

Tried to pry gently from the outside. No luck.

Removed the panels in the engine bay and found the actuator and cable. I could move it hand, but the fuel filler door still stayed closed.

Sprayed lubricant on the cable and actuator and inside the fuel door where I think the actuator pin goes. I only opened it once, so I really don’t remember what it looks like inside the door. Still no luck.

I’m inclined to think that something is jammed in the door. Any advice? Would someone mind posting a pic of their fuel door open?

Fly fast and take chances

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I have seen something on here recently re this, i think the wheel liner is the next point of access.

3. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    You can try using a suction cup from something like a radar detector to pull on it while hitting the release button. Maybe the self opening spring is broken.

SingleClutch likes this.
  4. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
    I’ve seen a couple threads about this, but they seem to have been resolved by pulling the emergency release, or it wasn’t clear exactly how it was resolved.

The wheel liner might give you access the actuator, but I can get at that pretty easily from inside the engine bay. Thanks for that suggestion though.

5. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
    I finally got the fuel filler door open! Here’s what I did:

There’s a white plunger which is moved by the actuator which latches in front of the fur filler door stop (pics attached). I used a plastic knife to move the plunger aft, although I couldn’t move it far enough to open the door. However, I WAS able to the grab the actuator from inside the engine bay and pull the plunger out the rest of the way.

I ordered a new actuator from Ricambi (huge thanks to Daniel) and will be replacing it as soon as it arrives.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Qavion, 430f08, irix and 3 others like this.
  6. 430f08

430f08 Rookie

Dec 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gustavo diaz
    hi saw your post, have the same problem today with my boss ferrari and i was able to open the little door like you did but need to know how i can order the actuator or part number, please help, thank you in advance.

7. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
    430f08 likes this.
  8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  9. 430f08

430f08 Rookie

Dec 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gustavo diaz
    thank you so much for your quick answer, very helpful, also do you know any video of how to install it? if you can share with me please it will be very appreciated thank you!

10. 430f08

430f08 Rookie

Dec 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gustavo diaz
    Qavion likes this.
  11. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

430f08 likes this.
  12. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
    It’s incredibly easy. Two screws in the fuel filler area, and you’re done. You will, however, need to replace the part by removing the left side panels in the engine compartment. Just a few 14mm (I believe) bolts. Super easy!

430f08 likes this.
  13. 430f08

430f08 Rookie

Dec 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gustavo diaz
    thanks a lot!!

14. 430f08

430f08 Rookie

Dec 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gustavo diaz
  15. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    For me... it was the fuel cap string that was getting hung up on the actuator and inhibiting the door from popping open. Once I realized, each time I resnugged the cap, I just made sure to loop it off to the left. Hasn’t happened since

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

430f08 likes this.
  16. 430f08

430f08 Rookie

Dec 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gustavo diaz
    #16 430f08, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    oh ok but on this car for sure is the actuator,once i opened the gas cap door tried with the puller from the engine bay but not luck, if i push the white plunger i can feel it retracts pulling the handle by the engine bay but not by itself, i mean not just pulling the handle by the engine bay.

17. 430f08

430f08 Rookie

Dec 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gustavo diaz
    SingleClutch, armedferret and Qavion like this.
  18. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    armedferret and 430f08 like this.