Testarossa Price Trends | Page 178 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Can’t wait to
    See you unveil it with a hottie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shamile likes this.
  2. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#4427 Bradwilliams, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    The rate of discount between today and christmas is gonna be YYYYUUUUUUUGGGGEEEE! :)

The wise and the shrewd who have been waiting for this moment have all the patience in the world. 6 months to 1 more year is kid's play. Hell I'll wait another 9 years if necessary. My cheap R129 took the place of my 550 maranello back in 2015 and I have no gripes about cruising in it for the foreseeable future :) Although I think I'm going to hang onto it rather than sell it in the future. We're not going to open our bank accounts and come in like vultures until the market is flatlined and is nothing more than a carcass. We have the resources and means to weather this storm. The people in the CC market who are now caught with their pants down will not. The game of who will blink first is over before it even begins

3. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    I have a bit of a problem with expressing this much glee at others’ misfortune. It’s also a post that could come back to bite you if it doesn’t actually happen.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    You cld die tmrw. That view is he doesn’t have the money to play the game.

5. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I hope I'm not giving off that impression. I'm just looking at the facts on the ground as I interpret them.
    I just know with today's over production and creative financing in exotics, deals will be had soon.
    I remember in a condo complex where I had units. I paid 100k per....then in 2009, there's were 3 units that went for 26k, 19k and 18k. Of course I was tight and was saying....why do all the deals come when you don't have the money.
    That's when after everything was fine again, I decided to be the contrarian and raise cash....so, I could be the guy in the right place at the right time next cycle.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#4431 Bradwilliams, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Misfortune? So the people who were using leverage to buy up a bunch of cars in order to artificially choke the market for years, in order to gouge peoples eyes out, rip off their clients, and deceive them i.e. (telling them that their 1996 porsche 911, testarossa, etc. is rare, claims that they know are false), is worthy of my sympathy? Get real! They made a huge and reckless miscalculation/risk and were incredibly dishonest to the people they were supposed to be servicing. They played a game and they lost. Time to bear the consequences. The auctions were also more than happy to trumpet the music and put on the theater. I hope it was worth it. The people who were buyers on the other end of it wont forget and it will leave a big stain on them all for the coming decades. Ill tell you how sympathetic I am, I hope my car goes even lower than it did in the mid 2000s. Flush them all out. I don't think misfortune is quite the term I would use for these people. Self fulfilling prophecy is more like it.

You're alot more sympathetic of a man than I am. My sympathy goes to people who actually deserve it. Like the people who are out of work right now and middle class people who are being affected by this.

I have zero problem with you having a problem

MGJBLKTR likes this.
  7. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    No, I didn’t mean you. I’m enjoying your commentary on the market and I think you’re right.

To wail at others’ decisions and how they enjoy their lives is churlish and resentful. That’s not nice.

Shamile likes this.
  8. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    This says it all.

Bradwilliams likes this.
  9. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I have now a tax question to you US members:
    as I know if you make a profit as a personal car seller with a car that you owned several years you have to pay gain tax, right?
    what then if you sell with for example with 50 % loss? those 50 % will reduce then your tax?
    or how will this happen?
    in germany the gain tax we have only for the first 12 month for cars and other items ( called speculation tax ) except houses ( 10 years ) , after then there is never a gain or income tax to be payed - until now

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    Death, Divorce,Taxes and Bankruptcy bring the cars to the sale lot. We may have 500,000 to 1000,000 dead best case.Worst case 3-4 million. There will be bargains out there as estates want to liquidate cars.

turbo-joe likes this.
  11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    We pay on the gain but cant deduct any of the losses.

turbo-joe likes this.
  12. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    not even when you have losses with the next car?

independent how long you own the car?

what counts all to the gain? only the selling price minus the buying price or also the services and maintenance?

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ha. Nope! When we trade a car into the dealer we dont pay sales taxes on the amount of the trade

14. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Gentlemen,

Given recent posts, Am I in the right room to be educated about the Testarossa and its market value trend?!

This is starting to sound a lot like a P&R thread.

I have a lot of respect for the amount of knowledge experienced members share with us, and also respect different opinions, no matter how outlandish they may be, provided they abide by the rules and regulations of this board.

I’d like to appeal to the best in each and everyone of us. Not a fan of enforcing the rules with a hammer without giving everyone a chance to get back on track.

Trying to get back on topic, I’d like to tell a story:

I live in a small time market (Southern Europe) and even big time European markets are very different than north american markets in some respects. Nevertheless, over here, from 2008-2009 onwards, there were Testarossas for sale in the 60.000 Euro region and they had a troubled time selling. Now, not only they’re in the 110.000 - 130.000 range, they stopped popping up for sale. Testarossas, 355s and 458s almost stopped popping up.

So in my neck of the woods, the Testarossa doubled in value in the last 7 or so years. And the fact that they’re almost non existent in the market, tells me owners aren’t trying to cash in on the appreciation, but rather enjoy the car as a symbol of an era, to drive and enjoy (in these cars, fun comes in the way of racking up mileage).

I guess the current market situation will put a downward pressure on Testarossa prices like in most Ferraris and supercars for the foreseeable future. The beauty of it is Testarossas don’t seem to care or to be panicking. They couldn’t care less, because they’re in love with their car. I like that. A lot.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Jay R and MOSS like this.
  15. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
  16. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

#4441 dwhite, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    I'm not a speculator of cars as they are just so much harder to sell at any point in time. But to those that are and if they are leveraged and need out, good luck. Probably not an ideal time to sell.

Bradwilliams and Shamile like this.
  17. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

If you have to be Don's "Johnson" it's a great color. Price seams exorbitant, even several years ago.

I never understood why a company like Ferrari thought that the doody-brown dash was good looking. It is the worst thing about so many Testarossa, TRs. Could not imagine picking that when specing a car. Anyone know why so many did?

Some Boxers have the same affliction.

turbo-joe and LVP488 like this.
  18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    In Europe the market is currently frozen in most countries - regarding testarossa, the current advertised prices in France, Germany, Italy are now below EUR 100K and 120K gets you a 512 TR (note that all these ads actually predate the big mess we're in, nobody can sell now so there are no new ads). This being said, indeed in the mid-2000 the testarossa bottomed at around EUR 50K, and in the speculative enthousiasm of 2015 they reached EUR 150K.
    For most (if not all) cars there was already a downward trend from 2015 highs (as a soft return to reality) but now we're entering a real recession, my guess is that it will not be only an adjustment but a real pressure on the market.
    I will not be surprised if testarossa's go down to EUR 75K in the coming months.

19. Natkingcolebasket69

The cars went way too high too quickly in 15 and have seen corrected. Lots of cars were bough you be flipped and eventually it caught up. For instance Jan 19 fusion motors in LA bought an 86 at Barret jackson and has been trying to sell it for 15 money in 2019 ever since. They are not the only one.
    I agree with your assessment of further prices going down but that’s across the board I guess not just the TR.

Bradwilliams likes this.
  20. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    cars are still selling sight unseen,the ford gts that i was interested in 3 of them all sold last week and for strong money .i am holding off ,some of these guys are sitting onalot of cash and are bored too

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Glad to see u positive again. I think, if any prices go further down, it will take a few months . I’d not overreact One way or the other right now.

turbo-joe likes this.
  22. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#4447 Bradwilliams, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    They're too late. The window to "get out" is closed. As are Wayne Carini's delusions of being a financial planner.

23. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    The lambo guys out did ferrari.

we have luggage, but they get masks too. The perfect accessory.

If anybody know how to get one, please advise!

24. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Sorry to hear that, but it might be like what the guy was talking about a couple of pages back.....that money flowing out of the market may go back into true collectibles.

On the FGT market, the low priced end of the market is just gone.....when I started looking seriously to buy last Sept through end of Feb, there were always 3-4 cars in the $200k-$240k ask bracket:

Doug DeMuro's car (bought a little before that time)
    Canadian 83k mile car (ask $190k)
    Stradman - He hit the BIN button at $220k
    2 Houston cars with $235k asks
    Oklahoma car (offered to me at $215k)
    My car (sold for $182k)
    The red car in Florida sold for $200k
    2 salvage cars sold for $190k-ish
    NC white car with a $238k ask (accident history)

ChipG and blkdiablo33 like this.
  25. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    prices are the same i dont see them going down till 3 months or so .but its not looking good for our country gonna take along time to get back unemployment is at historic highs its bad just trying to
    im in no hurry especailly now im just looking at ads and not pressing the buy it now