Thoughts on this white 458 for sale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Thoughts on this white 458 for sale

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Citadel, Mar 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Lol. That person is me. Any merchandise is only worth what the person is willing to pay at certain time. You think my suggestion of offer of $140k is offensive, okay, but are you the one who is selling? Me taking advantage of current financial situation? Man, it's a car dealer selling the car. How naive are we to say that?

Plus given the negative responses my suggestion of the offer generated, I can't help but surmise that I might have hurt someone's feeling because I implied how little values our toys are in this crumbling economy. That's not my intention but again back to nth rule in business, you don't know unless you ask, and if he is willing to sell at the price I suggested, will anyone be really crying? It is just what it is.

And about your comment of me reselling hand sanitizer, that's a pretty funny one. I like it. Thanks.

2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    For opaco paint, it is rather difficult to maintain, but absolutely beautiful when it's clean and under bright light.

Notwithstanding what I suggested about your offer price, in general it's always worth it to pay more for the specs you like. I now revise my suggestion, given its opaco, I would offer 155k and go up from there. The paint itself is 30k option, if I am not mistaken.

But again, please make sure the maintenance and repair history documents are there. Number of previous owners is less important than a complete maintenance records. Plus given the rather low mileage over so many years, a PPI is strongly recommended by someone competent and you trust.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  4. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    @Citadel , did you talk to the dealer?

5. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    You hit the nail on the head, my feelings are hurt that a stranger on the internet posted something stupid no one agrees with. What will I ever do.
    You can see by the responses here what the majority of people think about your “lowball and hope” approach to doing business. Maybe you’ll learn something. Maybe not. Eh. Good luck.

6. RWC58

RWC58 Karting

Oct 14, 2018
    Columbus Ohio
    Full Name:
    Robert W Crooks
    Well --- I firmly believe in you never know if you never knock and I know the guys at this dealership . Their cars are all good and they are not stupid but they are definitely not selling too much right now. Still 140K would never fly . Anyway , I saw it today and it's a super car that Citadel will be very happy and proud to drive and own.

7. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #32 IloveGT, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    okay. actually we all need luck right now. what are we kidding about? Yes, I really learned a lot today from you. lol. move on buddy.

8. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    “But OP, all you had to do was offer 140k, nothing to lose!”

OP knows the dealership.
    Still chose not to offer 140k.
    Or 155k.

I’ll just leave that there for the brilliant negotiator in the thread to think about.

OP, cool car, the matte white is excellent. Rare colors (esp desirable whites and reds) typically command a premium. GL.

9. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    okay, thanks for your time, @Rory breaker , and your humor. Very good. you have potentials. I like it. But I think your time really is misappropriated, as much as I just come on to Fchat to decompress after a long day in the ER, I gotta say that if you are that bored because you are staying at home and just wanted to have some responses by your snarky comments, you have my response below now and I hope you are satisfied.

Look at another thread about pista selling below MSRP, there is a 720s dropping asking price by 70k in one month. Even considering two different cars at different points of depreciation curve, I still think $155k is really not a crazy price to offer by today situation. Taking advantage of car dealership, hell yeah! We lost enough with the trade ins. lol. and I just put you on my ignore list. Bye.

Back to the car, how is the negotiation going? @Citadel . The color is actually quite awesome. I like opaco too.

10. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    I suggest going in looking at this car in person. That paint, you either love it or you hate it. Definitely go see it in person that’s where the truth will come out.

Clay512TR likes this.
  11. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I agree, it can't hurt to make an offer. The worst the dealership can do is say no. Then ask for a counter, and cut a deal if you like the car. Believe me, the dealer does not feel sorry for you when they low ball you on your trade in!

I had a friend that bought a gorgeous low mileage 458 spider for $145k a few years ago. He fell on hard times and traded it in only 2 months later. They gave him $112k for it, I was so mad. They took advantage of the poor guy, and the worst part is that he is a repeat customer. He's such a nice guy too, I don't even think he was that mad. I think I was actually more offended than him.

andyrichter and IloveGT like this.
  12. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    The car actually looks great. Mine is also Bianco Avus and it is by far my favorite shade of white. Even more striking and powerful when you see it in person.

There are just two things that I don’t like, on a very personal note:

1) Roughly 2.400 miles?! = garage queen.
    2) Car hasn’t got much optional equipment.

Other than that, if you’re on the market for a 458 and given that we’re in a buyer’s market, if it ticks all your boxes and fits the bill, it’s definitely worth making an offer.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

13. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sorry, I meant $245k and $212k. Somehow a hundred grand got lost, lol

14. Bad Boys 1

Bad Boys 1 Karting

Mar 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael M
    new to this site, however after looking at posts by citadel... is this a real buyer?

numerous questions and inquiries that go back for a year and no purchase or response to people offering leads.

just curious...

15. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    Hi guys
    I am a real buyer and I just bought the 458 last night. I had a member on this site who lives in Dublin close to the dealer visually check the car out for me. I also had Evans automotive do the PPI. Then I also had one of the techs at the Ferrari dealer in town go by and check the car out for me. Since I am in Texas, there was no way for me to get to Ohio.
    I also spoke to Mike, the Ferrari broker on this site and he was familiar with the car and we spoke about it at length.
    All that gave me confidence to move forward without physically seeing the car.
    Hopefully I can get it delivered soon!
    I really appreciate all the comments and guidance on the forum!

IloveGT and up4speed like this.
  16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    well done. what price did u get?

17. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    I got a good deal under asking.

VAF84 likes this.
  18. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Congrats! Hopefully you were able to score a really nice deal!
    Let us know how you like (love) it when you get it. I'm pretty confident that you will be blown away.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    oh come on you came here for guidance on price and not gonna tell us where the market cleared!??!!?

BLAMPEE, Cigarzman, pizzadude and 2 others like this.
  20. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    I am excited to get it and will post some pics when it comes in!

up4speed likes this.
  21. Bad Boys 1

Bad Boys 1 Karting

Mar 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael M
    Congratulations,

Did not mean any disrespect with previous post,,however from other sites I'm on, you consistently see people asking for
    assistance and guidance and never return or follow up after time and effort are put in by enthusiasts to help.

Again best of luck with new purchase.

Mike

22. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Congrats on the purchase! Glad you did some negotiating.

Regarding making offers. I have my F430 listed (although may be deslisting), and I've had some pretty low ball offers, but I never get offended. I've made low offers before and when they pan out, they're a big win. Just have to read each situation independently. As someone else mentioned, the worst someone can say is "no". If that happens, move up the offer price. The current low balls I get on eBay, I just decline without comment or counter offer. Takes me a few seconds. If someone gets close, I'll start talking. Funny enough, I've noticed that as I've increased the price, the low ball offers go up. At this rate, I may just continue to move up the price until the low offer hits what I really want for it. :)

up4speed likes this.
  23. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have noticed that same behavior before. Some folks are so conflicted with a large purchase (especially the first Ferrari) they can never pull the trigger even when it checks all the boxes. I kind of feel sorry to see that, as they never know what they are missing in life. But currently events do tend to cause folks a bit of anxiety.

24. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    I am excited. I'll likely add some carbon from MA Carbon on the interior.

25. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Congratulations enjoy it. Get the clock up to a reasonable figure.