458 Italia or F8 Tribute | Page 5 | FerrariChat

458 Italia or F8 Tribute

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by erosmwn34, May 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    You should read Car and Driver August 2019 edition. They measured sound inside the cabin at wide open throttle... You'd be surprised where 458 fit in against the rest of the cars

(loudest .1 gt3rs 108 db, scud 104 db, senna 102 db, performante 100 db, laferrari 98 db, 720s spider 99 db, 570s 97 db, huracan 95 db, 458 95 db.)

daflk likes this.
  2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    article mostly faulted speciale in ride quality and hiway noise drone v 458

3. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Any 488/F8 values?

Furthermore, sound quality and sound quantity are two very different things.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

4. PerthBloke

PerthBloke Rookie

Jun 10, 2014
    Perth WA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Got to say I spent today in a 488 spider while my 458 was being serviced. I didn’t feel short changed on exhaust sound. Driving the two back to back the 488 is quicker but I did keep running out of revs.

sampelligrino likes this.
  5. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Your comparing two very differently priced cars.

If sound is no 1 no question go for the 458 as you can just put the windows down drivning the city streets now when the city is empty and just enjoy the music the engines plays with the sound bouncing of the walls of the buildings. There is nothing like that feeling and maybe there will never again be an opportunity like this to drive in the city ever again in the future :)

With that said I would trade mine for a F8 in a heartbeat if they were not this expensive. Instead I'm thinking about adding a AMG GTr and 991. 1 GT3RS instead as they are both dropping in prices and keep the 458 for life.

6. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    F8 if you have the money there is no comparison, and I've owned both.

LVP488 and Drson like this.
  7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    For people not wanting to choose, I guess about one year from now (less than two years anyway) it will be possible to get one 458 and one used F8 for today's price of a new F8.

8. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    You know, now is a time where you really start to appreciate the design and engineering feat Ferrari did with doing the 458 scoops they way they did them. New C8 vette, etc, and going nuts with these crazy side scoops and it's cool the 458 doesn't even need them. I read an interesting article about this and can't find it now.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    that is the perfect spec. what all exotics should aspire to.

10. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    We all grieve and mourn in our own, strange ways! :D:D

Kind regards,

Nuno.

11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    #111 MANDALAY, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Im of the opposite , I passed on the 458 because of NO side scopes. And the front with the whiskers , no my liking Speciale looks better.IMO

12. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    That's why I have the Speciale wheels. :)

MANDALAY likes this.
  13. Sam Tifosi

Sam Tifosi Rookie

Mar 13, 2021
    Full Name:
    sam scalia
    I have had the opportunity to own the 355, 360, 430, 458 and now the F8.
    The best sounding car by far was the 355 with tubi.
    I enjoyed the 458 very much and the sound was beautiful.
    There are options available to modify the F8 exhaust while remaining within warranty and street legal.
    This improves the sound, I have ordered a X pipe from fabspeed and I will see how it sounds soon on the F8.

Should have I stopped at the 355 and never upgraded to the new cars? It Clearly sounded the best!

I’m very happy experiencing all of the innovation and progress that Ferrari continues to have.
    Every car was better than the previous. I loved every one of them.

14. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Nothing sounds as good as a 355 with a tubi going through a tunnel at redline! :)

Ray

ryalex likes this.
  15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  16. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Oh come on 458 vs F8 really?! Except for the sound the 458 is just old school.
    Drive both and decide!

17. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I'm similarly conflicted. I love the idea of the last NA V8, but I'm not seeing alot of 458's in the color/interior combination I really like, whereas a new F8 can be exactly what I want. I'm a little worried about the potential cost and headache down the road of a turbo, and as much as anything the unique sound is what I'm thinking of. Heck, in the time I've thought about this, I could probably just go to the dealer and listen to them both.

MANDALAY likes this.
  18. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    IMO, 100% spot on! This is why I chose to pick up a '14 458 Italia w/ 4k on the clock last year, over a new 488 or F8. Friends and club members that came out of a 458 and into the newer models, convinced me on it and they were all truly missing their 458s. However, whichever way you go, you will have an awesome Ferrari. :)

PaulK and RayJohns like this.
  19. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Haha, careful - this guy's been brainwashed! (there's a few others here too, but we needn't insult anyone).

Seriously, nice to see someone that has gone through the ranks. Despite its faults, the 458 has been a joy, and I can't wait for the F8 Spider.

20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    One thing for certainty YOU WILL NOT HAVE disgusting sticky buttons !!! Whats the cost to fix that about $10,000 ??? 7 year free service , Factory 3 year warrantee. Put those costs into the mix along with compromises of items , scratches , dents , wearing out , scuff marks on the door cards , seats bolsters all wrinkled or giving way. No thanks new or nothing for me.

buddyg likes this.
  21. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    F8 also has the correct number of tail lights :) What's the lead time on orders like these days?

buddyg likes this.