Do we have any other Ferrari owners that love JDM cars? (NSX, s2000, Supra...) | FerrariChat

Do we have any other Ferrari owners that love JDM cars? (NSX, s2000, Supra...)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by s4play, Mar 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. s4play

s4play Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    hey guys,

Just wondering what else you guys have in your stable besides the Ferrari? I'm not a brand guy by any means and came from Lambo Huracan prior but also LOVE my NSX's!

Our garage does not discriminate as we have American, Korean, German, Japanese cars :)

Please share your garage stables and what you prefer to drive on a sunny day, and why?

P.S. looking for a DIY on how to keep the exhaust valves open?

thanks again!

here's a few pics of my toys, (big reason I got the 458 Spider you see here is because the color combo matches my beloved NSX that we got married in many years ago)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bhh, LARRYH, Boomhauer and 1 other person like this.
  2. s4play

s4play Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    hey guys, I'm trying to install this tomorrow, can you give me some input on how the stock vacuum lines are connected?

In my car it seems the top hose from the solenoid is just left open and hanging? But odd thing is the exhaust valves still open / close with the Race switch?

[​IMG]

Where is the hose circled in red supposed to be connected to? Seems both of mine was just left hanging?

[​IMG]

3. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Rich,
    Beautiful car. Ferrari V8 is amazing but that V10 especially with aftermarket exhaust is truly intoxicating. Good luck with the Forza device. Didn't work for me, installing the Kline full Inconel system, headers and exhaust with the 200 cell cats. Still didn't get a new NSX, bought a 991.2 GT3 and now looking at a Taycan

s4play likes this.
  4. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    The nsx cannot be sold along with the s2000.

Boomhauer and s4play like this.
  5. rickytwoguns

rickytwoguns Rookie

Dec 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    A H RAZVI
    I had that same hose there. I believe it’s normal, but not 100% certain

6. rickytwoguns

rickytwoguns Rookie

Dec 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    A H RAZVI
    Have an AP2 S2000 and gen1 NSX.

Boomhauer and IloveGT like this.
  7. s4play

s4play Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Thanks for the kind words, any pics of your stable? I had a chance to drive the new Taycan Turbo a few weeks ago - that car is so futuristic and ballistically fast that it really challenges many things we know about cars. Leave it up to Porsche to build something like this and make Tesla feel like a Nissan in terms of performance.

The 991.2 GT3 is amazing car too did you get a manual? I was looking at one as well.

I made a short fun video about the Forza exhaust controller being installed here with some nice BEFORE / AFTER exhaust sounds. The car really comes alive with the valves set to open by default. It makes the car feel like a new car :)

Post up pics of your rides!

8. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Hi Rick,

What a good thread for us JDM car lovers.
    I purchased my NSX over 20 years ago and it is a car I can't let go of. My son loves the car so much he asked for it to be written in our will that he is to receive it when I die. It is nice to know he appreciates it as much as I do and that it will go to a good home.
    My car hasn't been out of the garage much as other cars purchased after the NSX get more driving time. My wife calls me a hoarder but I don't mind....
    At least I have great taste!!

Great video of your install.
    Nice to see who you are and your passion for our cars.

Best wishes,
    Gene Greer

Boomhauer, IloveGT and s4play like this.
  9. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    The coolest part is the same color combo for NSX and 458. Both convertibles too. Must have taken you a long time. Well worth it .

s4play and Boomhauer like this.
  10. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    wait, is that Supra under the s2000?

11. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
  12. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Tamahal and s4play like this.
  13. s4play

s4play Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Yes, it was a lot of luck and waiting. We've had the NSX over 15 years now and gave up our GT3 to get it many many years ago. I knew if I didn't get it back then, I would not get another chance. There were VERY limited numbers on a late model 2002+ GPW NSX. Worldwide there was only 22 of them and many were GPW on Tan or white interiors. Mine was the ONLY GPW / Onyx (black) Interior made in 2004 so it's super super rare. Never going to let this car go and my 6 year old has already claimed it one day LOL!

Originally I was looking at a white or yellow Speciale but could not find the right spec with front lifters so was waiting, then this 2015 white Spider popped up with red interior but had the black dash so it was love at first sight! :)

here's one of my favorite pics of it shot at an indoor car studio:

[​IMG]

brookliner7 and Tamahal like this.
  14. s4play

s4play Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    WOW you got a crazy lineup of cars! I would hate to see your insurance bills each month LOL How do you even decide which car to drive?

We also have a Alfa 4C (launch edition) and 2 more s2000's kept in a different garage along with our SUV's....how do you like the Raptor? It's one truck I really would love to try someday.

15. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Insurance bill is SUPER low, a little over 4K annually for all of the cars. Grundy VIP plan - every licensed driver has to have an assigned car and then the rest of the cars essentially are considered collector cars, no restrictions. The Macan and Raptor are the assigned vehicles, around 1400 annually for these 2 vehicles. When my son turns 16, will need to get another assigned vehicle for him. Both Liz and I have clean records. Raptor is crazy. Very nice ride, super wide and almost semi height. Handles surprisingly well. Tows well (5K pounds) amazing utility.

s4play likes this.
  16. thxelon

thxelon Rookie

Dec 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    bob
    I grew up as a JDM guy (owned a 98 Type-R, 2000 S2000, etc) but once I went German (turbo, Gt3) and eventually Ferrari I never went back. It's not like the old days when I was in my 20s and you had the RX7, 300Z, 3000GTVR4 and Supra... Nothing inspires me anymore.. I tried the newer GTR and I just don't like it compared to a P car.

That being said, the older white NSX is killer and the only JDM car I would pick up now.. Very nice!

17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I am actually waiting for RX-7 to come back! i had RX-8 and I liked it! Could not fit in RX-7 before...

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I went through every RX7 model then the kids came. Then I took on the biggest project this MR2 SW20. The very last car sold in Australia. Rev 5.

Basically stripped it to bare shell. Then ceramic paint PPG in a Ferrari colour Grigio Alloy. Every part on the car is NEW bought from Toyota spare parts. Everything.
    Then made from spare parts a limited edition Toyota engine design , BEAMS RED TOP. Forged internals and added a supercharger to give me a 500 Hp beast. The amount spent on parts and 100 custom parts CNCed Aluminium i could have bought a 430. But it was a pleasurable 2 years project

IloveGT and s4play like this.
  19. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I salute you! Simply awesome!

MANDALAY likes this.
  20. bonjoh

bonjoh Rookie

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Johan
    NSX looks great in white!

Nice to see some love here for Japanese exotics. When you are truly passionate about cars it’s natural to appreciate that there is more than only Ferrari.

Here’s a pic of the JDM portion of my stable: NA2 NSX-R, Nismo 400R and TME Evo VI

s4play likes this.
  21. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    OMG!!!!
    A NSX-R
    The holly grail of NSXes
    What I wouldn't give just to see on in person let alone own one...…..

Very nice collection in all!

22. s4play

s4play Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Wow that MR2 is truly a labor of love! Glad to see more car guys on here who are willing to turn a wrench and work on the cars!

Keep the pics coming!

MANDALAY likes this.
  23. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike