Testarossa Price Trends | Page 176 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Nah, these BAT cars have reserves so the seller will be fine. The normal market for a good 9k mile red car with all options is right around $255k.

2. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Sad that the Testarossa Price Trends thread always seems to be a complete and total ****show. Not surprisingly it’s also spearheaded by the same couple of members every time there’s a fracas.

MOSS, Zeff, BOKE and 1 other person like this.
  3. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Joe,

I’m sad that you feel that way, although I understand your point and your feelings.

All I can say is that a Testarossa is an iconic car that arises passions of all sorts from both their loving owners, Ferrari enthusiasts and car lovers as a whole alike.

Not only it represents a nostalgic and glorious period of the Ferrari brand, it also encapsulates a certain period, a certain lifestyle very typical of the 1980s.

The market, maybe as a consequence of the above, has made the Testarossa fluctuate a lot in terms of value.

All of the above combined, make for passionate debates among members.

I’m here to try and promote a healthy environment of free exchange of ideas, theories, predictions and opinions. I’m here to prevent the fracas, as you say. I hope we can achieve an enrichment and elevation of ideas.

We are, of course, free to disagree. It’s not required we all love eachother, embrace and sing kumbaya all together. But if we manage to respect each other, debating ideas instead of attacking individuals, we can end up finding ourselves learning more from someone we disagree with, than agreeing with someone who has the same viewpoint.

Taking the time to read several posts of this long thread, what strikes me the most is the exceptional content, invaluable analysis and personal contributions by old, well known and respected members of this online community. That, I’m happy and proud to say, has been the norm. That gives me hope for the future of this thread and debate.

It’s always easier to destroy something than build something. It’s always easier to find fault than favor. It’s always easier to criticize than advance solutions. I hope this thread continues to be a beacon and an example of a respectful debate. We certainly have the human capital to do so, in the form of experienced, courteous and knowledgeable members.

There are a lot of different opinions regarding the Testarossa: as a car, as a symbol, as a performing machine, as an investment, etc. Tolerance and respect are paramount. I hope no one is discouraged from posting.

Unfortunately, I’m not a Testarossa owner. Have never been and I don’t think I’ll ever be. However, as a moderator, I’m at your service. If you feel I can help the free flow of ideas and prevent the kind of fracas Joe has alluded to, count me in to do my bit.

Stay safe out there, take care and enjoy your Testarossas everyone.

Kindest regards,

Nuno.

ChipG, Rory J, blkdiablo33 and 3 others like this.
  4. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    That Washington Post piece sounds more like a tabloid sensationalism article , but the University of Washington funded a study with Covid-19 projections state by state with more sound mathematical analysis taking in consideration the resources in each state and their respective plans to battle the spread.
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

ChipG likes this.
  5. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Anymore results from auctions

turbo-joe likes this.
  6. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Thanks for sharing this!

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

There hasn’t been any since the other day. It’s way too early to make any predictions anyways.
    The few 512TRs that sold have been decent aside the 80k one which seemed very very cheap.
    The Testarossa have had auction sales sort of in line with last year. The last one at 100k was maybe 15-20% from last year but one can not make a trend out of a few sales.
    Cheer up and please all be safe out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    oh im good thank god when I do purchase a exotic carrental home no matter what anyone says im am not gonna pay full retail for a long time after this

9. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#4384 Bradwilliams, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    What's the story with the 80k one? Sounds like a full restoration

10. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    This hasn’t lasted long enough to know how long people can hold out before they sell nor what asset they will invest their money in. No assets are looking very good at he moment, even gold which has no yield.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

I don’t know much about it aside that it had 36k miles and aftermarket wheels. Estimates at mecuum were at 125 and up ... but again it’s an outlier certainly not the norm for the gorgeous 512tr

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Major is said to be done.
    Interestingly that car is now offered on eBay for 139k so assuming they new owner didn’t any work he/she is looking for 50k profit. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  13. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Yup. The market is de facto closed.

14. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    theres a white 512 tr marshall goldman gorgeus on ebay

15. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    bat online auction is still busy with strong bids time will tell now im real hesitant to buy anything this week we will see what uneployment numbers are im gonna say 30% minum ,thees some nice 512 tr on ebay right now

16. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I read that last night!

Big fan of zerohedge for years. This why while the world is crumbling, I'm sitting pretty....definitely not 2008 for me this time around lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  17. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    You're too impatient. You need to wait 6 months for the lack of business and personal liquidity to take it toll. This will finally change the mindset to defeat and time to bail.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

18. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I really think there is a huge over reaction on this thread. There are plenty of people with money and many, many businesses that are doing great.
    With cures and vaccines so close this economy will take a massive bounce sooner than the gloom and doom participants are thinking. I see plenty
    of strong bidding on exotics. This is not 2008-2009 when the real estate market caved guys. Its a great opportunity to get in low in the stock market
    and make big very soon. This is my educated opinion. Now lets just see how it plays out. I am very optimistic. I guess you might get a better deal today
    but sellers also know this is temporary. Most of the people out of work are not Ferrari buyers.

Shark01 and turbo-joe like this.
  19. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    im being patient now what im seeing and am feeling the pinch

Shamile likes this.
  20. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    agree

Shamile likes this.
  21. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Good post but I believe you're not taking into account the over leverage in all sectors. This has a way to go down and play out. I have a lot of dry powder sitting on the sidelines....but not time to go in yet.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

22. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Shamile you are a sharp guy and both of our businesses made it through the 2008-2009 killer which was a huge test for stability. I hope you are wrong
    but you have a good opinion and maybe no one has a bad opinion. Just using different forms of data which I like seeing.

turbo-joe and Shamile like this.
  23. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Thanks bro. I'm not a doom and gloom guy and business is doing very well as we are in construction services and are deemed an "essential business". But...that may change as projects may go on hold or shelved.

But....I take data points unrelated to myself or business like....most Americans don't have 400.00 for an emergency, most Americans don't have 1000.00 in retirement, the average family has 9000.00 in credit card debt and the average vehicle loan has pushed to 90 days in arrears....since may 2019.
    ....let's not even talk amount PMI data and the manufacturing recession.
    Covid 19 was just the pin to the everything bubble and factor in the above data, I knew it was a question of when...not if.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Great points. The good thing about the US is, historically, they recover fast.

Shamile likes this.