430 Scuds that don’t sell for years | Page 15 | FerrariChat

430 Scuds that don’t sell for years

Discussion in '360/430' started by OneFastM3, Jun 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    #351 Sergio Tavares, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    On BAT with "history"
    Chassis: ZFFKW64A690166647

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2009-ferrari-f430-scuderia-3/

"
    RUFstr 97
    I owned this very Scud for about nine years. I bought it second-hand from Miller Motor Cars in Greenwich, NY, with about 200 miles on it. The current owner at the time owned it for one month when a new 599 he also ordered came in too early and couldn’t keep both; therefore, I bought this car on the spot in the fall of 2009. I traded in my 2007 F430 towards it. It was a great car and one of my favorites. But life goes on, and I decided to sell it because I wasn’t using it. I have a very detailed understanding of its history from my ownership, including the information of the third buyer where all the trouble began. During MY ownership, I once scrapped a curb while making a turn too-wide in my neighborhood where they just installed these stupid square granite curbs and whoops, damaged the wheel, and scratched the lower front bumper surround directly in front of the wheel. Miller Motor Cars replaced the wheel and replaced the clear front bra after firstly repairing the scratch. It was minor.

The real damage to this Scud occurred after my ownership and is not on CarFax because it was never reported as an accident because the third owner did not insure the car when he hit a guard rail.

Luckily, no other cars were involved in the accident, and no police officer ever passed the accident scene. He ended up paying cash to a non-Ferrari repair facility where, again, it was never reported to CarFax. I have a complete understanding of the third owner’s accident. If the seller wants to contact me, I am happy to explain it in detail with pictures. It is a great car and deserves a good home, but transparency is essential to all of us on BAT."

2. JRE

JRE Karting

Mar 1, 2020
    So Far Away From Home Lost In Hollywood
    Full Name:
    James

Yah..watching that one myself.
    Can't always trust the Car Fax...after seeing this one.
    Took them a few days to actually post the pics of the damage.
    Before that, I dont think it was known that there even was damage, tho I could be mistaken (it happens).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sergio Tavares likes this.
  3. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    up to 150k now....no thanks.

JRE and vinny84 like this.
  4. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    EXACTLY!! and reserve not met! seller shoulda took da money and ran!!

5. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    WOW, $153k and did not sell, most likely it was shill bidders and the seller was hoping for real money to jump in and that did not happen.

JAM1 and f355spider like this.
  6. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    $153k (plus $5k buy fee) so $158k all in for a previously crashed car is insane considering the flawless cars on the market with sellers primed to negotiate in today’s market. If it wasn’t a shill it was all the money and the seller will regret not taking it.

7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    +1,000