360 - CS gearbox | FerrariChat

360 CS gearbox

Discussion in '360/430' started by Vegas CS, Mar 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Hey all, I bought my third different CS back in January from a forum member and have an F1 gearbox query.....

The gearbox seems deathly slow to upshift. Especially when the car is cold. As it warms up, it "seems" to get marginally better. I feel like it's shifting how a normal 360 would do. My dealer tech said the same thing when he took it for a test drive. He confirmed the clutch is 99% remaining (new), the TCU is a CS TCU, the software in it is correct, and the PIS settings were correct. I keep the car in RACE mode 100% of the time and am used to the old F1 gearboxes. Despite having numerous DCT cars to include the 458 I traded in for the CS, this is...again...my third CS so I know what it's supposed to feel like. The downshifts are crisp with no issues, it's just slow as **** to upshift. This includes above 6k rpms with foot to the kickplate.

When I get my job back and make some money again, she'll go in for a full proper service and investigation. Until then, I'm looking for any feedback you guys might have. TIA as this is a PITA

Though I will say.....I do love how you have to use the old F1 gearbox's like you do a manual, ie…..shift before a turn...let the car settle....turn....upshift. No mid corner shifts like a DCT lets you do without upsetting the balance of the car. haha

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

couldn't help, but concerned and would like to know why

3. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The only way to know is if you could post a video. I drive my CS a lot.. especially lately with nobody on the road. If I could see a video I'd could tell you if looks different than mine.

If I went a drove a 458 for a few months I would not be able to remember what my CS shifted like.

4. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    They shift in 150 milliseconds... I just cant imagine that feeling deathly slow.

But... How about this...

My kid put a video together some time ago for his pals, featuring his car & my Stradale. You can hear it shift a bunch of times in the video, including part & full throttle. How does your shift time compare to what you see here:

jehu999 and marknkidz like this.
  5. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I've had a '16GT3 RS too and, like the 458....it's imperceptible, the time from hitting the paddle to the gear change. I'll try to make a video in the next day or two.

Thanks for the vid Michael. #1....great vid!!! lol Your shift times seem quicker. Mine have a "clutch slip" feel to them.