Empty Roads and Boredom | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Empty Roads and Boredom

Discussion in '308/328' started by Martin308GTB, Mar 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Definately not a good time to end up in the hospital with road rash. I think this year we are going to see a lot of thinning of the herd.

2. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I lived in Rhode Island for 20 years and I don't ever remember seeing many New Yorkers there at all even down in south county. Where I live now they actually refer to it as the 6th burrough of Manhattan but they haven't started doing anything like R.I. is.

3. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    A lot of hyperbole out there these days. Shutting down I-95? : - )

Probably a good idea, frankly.

4. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    I hear you, and fear the same..

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    I stepped out of the house this morning at 6:00 AM. The silence was stunning. No human sound. No cars; not one. I have never heard such silence here.

absostone likes this.
  6. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    ... at 6:30, the birds have begun to sing.

miketuason likes this.
  7. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I know it is an eerie feeling but that's good it means people are staying in and taking the virus seriously. My neighborhood is mostly vacation homes and it was pretty empty this week but starting on Friday a bunch of people still came up from other states and I can hear cars coming and going and that's just around my house. I haven't left my property since thursday and now I'm thinking there is going to be a lot of contamination anywhere I go from all the people up here this weekend. People either aren't getting how serious this is or don't give a f or I guess it's a bit of both.

8. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Today, the weather is absolutely stunning. It's 60F right now, sunny with a cool breeze. I'm going to drive the heck out of my 360 today and enjoy the weather, the empty roads and celebrate my freedom the old fashioned way. Do I feel any guilt for driving a fantastic car around during the apocalypse? Absolutely not. I live in a relatively poor city (Memphis) and there are almost no exotics here. If I had any misgivings about poor people without jobs seeing me drive an exotic around while they dig in the garbage cans for food, I would never have bought a car made from unobtainium in the first place.

I'm not the one who made the poor choices that set them on the path to their current situation. I worked my azz off to be in the position I am now. I started from absolute zero, had zero help on the way up that I didn't deserve and never stepped on anyone's neck to get ahead.

My conscious is clear.

9. detroiter

detroiter Karting

Apr 30, 2013
    Munich, Bayern
    Full Name:
    Carter
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Apparently no Spritztours according to BR.
    But I still take the „long way“ to the Bäckerei or Supermarkt. :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

10. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    #60 Martin308GTB, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Hallo Carter,

this is one example of the mess between the regulations of our Federal Government and the individual regulations of each single Federal State Government.
    Sachsen and Bavaria have significantly more strict regulations, than the rest of Germany.
    For our non german speaking friends:
    Spritztour = Joyride.

Beste Grüße von BW nach BR
    Martin

11. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron

Texas Helmet Law- He should have pulled them over if they were under 21.

All riders under the age of 21 are required to wear a helmet when operating a motorcycle. Riders over 21 may ride without a helmet only if they have completed a safety course or are covered by an applicable insurance plan

12. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Hallo Martin,

das ist natürlich Unsinn. Wir dürfen alleine oder auch zu Zweit (oder mit im Haushalt lebenden Personen auch zu mehr) mit einem Auto durch die Gegend fahren. Im Moment weiß halt keiner, wie die Anweisungen umzusetzen sind. Gegen solche Bußgelder lohnt sich jedes Rechtsmittel. Und die Bayern sind wieder einmal besonders scharf. Ich lebe im Grenzgebiet zu Unterfranken...

Sorry for the answer in German language, but this seems to be a special German problem.

Alles Gute / all the best

Olkmar

Martin308GTB likes this.
  13. jersey308gtb

jersey308gtb Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Alex Heynes
    miketuason, m5shiv and Martin308GTB like this.
  14. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    The reason the roads are so empty is because most people are acting responsibly.

Albert-LP and mike996 like this.
  15. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
  16. chris_columbia

chris_columbia Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2008
    Columbia MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Maryland started it's "stay at home program" effective 8pm yesterday, so drove 308 from 7-8pm, as I'm afraid I won't be able to use it again for many months. Registration expired a month ago, and I haven't been able to get the new sticker(even though I paid for it). Lots of police out, ready to start enforcing restrictions, but obviously not interested in pulling anyone over before 8. I passed more than one police car at speeds around 100. A weird mix of fun and sadness...

17. LuigiVampa

LuigiVampa Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Should you drive your Ferrari. Now is the PERFECT time to drive a Ferrari!

As long as you don't push it too hard the cops are not pulling anyone over and the roads are bare. As someone else stated - just don't do anything stupid and need an ambulance. I would not want to be in a hospital right now.

I plan on taking my 328 for a spin tomorrow.

18. JuLiTrO

JuLiTrO Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Julio Saiz
    Hoi everyone,

We are kind of fortunate in Switzerland and we can still drive around with our classics. So Im taking the GTB for spins every week. She runs very smoothly!

Hope you are all well

Best Regards

Julio

19. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Hi Julio,

basically you have the same restrictions like we do. Except Bavaria, which is more stringent.
    A lot of motorcycles on the road last weekend.

Best Regards
    Stay Healthy!
    Martin

20. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    miketuason likes this.
  21. Stephen B.

Stephen B. Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stephen Bailey
    Well weather permitting here in So Cal I plan on taking the Ferrari and the Maserati out for an Italian tuneup in the next couple of days. The world has not end yet and on the plus side the roads are empty! Let's give them exercise.

22. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    But John, if you’re driving by yourself, isolated and lockdown inside your car and staying away from anybody we’ll pass 6 feet, and not bothering a soul, isn’t that being responsible too?

23. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Just stirring the pot. :)

Jeanne and I were actually "socially isolating" in my Cayman last weekend, as, apparently, were a lot of others.

miketuason likes this.
  24. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    John it’s funny, yesterday I watched on the news that there is a church here in SoCal that set up a drive-in mass kind of like drive-in movies back in the days where people can now attend a mass while you’re in the car.

25. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    We have both again. For the Easter weekend the set up Drive-in churches AND Drive-in cinemas.
    Regarding taking a drive with the Ferrari: Gas is cheaper than it was 18 years ago during the last massive oil price decline.

Best from Germany
    Martin

miketuason likes this.