is a big drop coming to f430? about to buy 05 30k for $85k | FerrariChat

is a big drop coming to f430? about to buy 05 30k for $85k

Discussion in '360/430' started by goto35march, Mar 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    Looking at a 05 430 convertible with 32k miles. they advertised at 99k got them to accept 85k.

i know the world is ending which is why they accepted my offer.

but should i wait longer? Is a big drop coming soon esp wioth new v8 out?

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    Dealer or private party? I believe they accepted your offer because of the miles. Much tougher sale after 25k miles.

F2003-GA, mathewr and Texas Forever like this.
  3. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Considering I literally 30 days ago bought an 06 430 Spider with 30.5k miles for $95k (which I thought was a screaming deal at the time)...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

JRE and Texas Forever like this.
  4. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    What were the specs on the car (options & color)? Assuming clean title, how does the CarFax look and what is the clutch readout and how old are the tires? Does it have the original exhaust manifold and how does the paint look? Some of these questions can cause a big variance to the price. So unless PCarRI’s specs and condition are similar we can’t compare his 95K purchase to yours.

5. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Here’s my specs...
    2006 F1 430 Spider
    Resale colors (Red on Tan)
    30.5k miles
    5 owners and clean CarFax
    All tool kits and radio code, but no owners manual
    Aftermarket radio
    30k service already done
    Clean PPI, just showed low battery which I had the dealer replace

Also got them to reimburse me the PPI ($1k) and throw in a second key (another $1k)

6. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    Clutch changed 5k miles ago. 80% clutch left.

Resale red
    Aftermarket stereo

so is this a steal at $85k? Before this I had them down to $90 but then the world ended.

7. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    5 owners and clean carfax

8. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    Here is options. What do you think msrp is?

Exterior Colour: Rosso Corsa
    Interior Colour: Beige
    Carpet Colour: Castoro Optional Equipmnet: Red Brake Calipers, Daytone Style seats, Power Seats, Scuderia Shields, Challenge Style Rims, Biege Roll Hoops, Hi Fi Sound System, Red Stitching.

Sergio Tavares and Texas Forever like this.
  9. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Impossible to predict. If the car is to your liking, get it and don’t look back. It’s not like there is a huge supply of cars and there is such a large variability in spec that another might not come up for a long time. Or, another or better car could be right around the corner. No way to tell, but if the time is right for you, go for it.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

kes7u and Texas Forever like this.
  10. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Could get cheaper in a deep recession but 430s are probably at the bottom of their depreciation curve. Normally, it takes about 10 years after production ends for a model to hit bottom. Just enjoy the crap out of it and don't lose sleep.

Dave

Need4Spd, Pis7a2020 and Texas Forever like this.
  11. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    85k is not a steal, there's plenty (or there were) lower mileage examples for around 90k.

LorenzoR, Tamahal and Sergio Tavares like this.
  12. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    What he said

13. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    It's not that good of a deal, a 28k mile 06 Blk/tan just sold on Bring a Trailer for $81k

14. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Black/Tan generally is cheaper by a couple of grand. I honestly think 85K was the right price for the car the OP is looking at, even before the market tanked 85k was about right. I also think the seller starting at 99k is about normal and he is not getting a great deal, but the right deal after some bargaining.

Sergio Tavares likes this.
  15. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    I wouldn’t sell mine for that so I would take it and run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Guys, I can tell you that prior to my purchase a month ago I was researching prices for 430 spiders for quite a while (about a year) and to come across one sub $90k (unless there were some major issues, like accidents on Carfax, needed a clutch or not the resale colors) was non-existent prior to the current health issue. Maybe via private parties, but I was really focused on buying from a dealer for at least some legal recourse if something didn't turn out correct in the negotiations. The one I found was the least expensive in the country at the time, and that was $95k. If I had found one for $85k I would've jumped on it even if it had needed a damn clutch, but again that was a month ago before economies were on the verge of failing.

Just my $0.02 (no jokes about making change), but I'd jump on it.

arizonaitalian likes this.
  17. GVS1999

GVS1999 Rookie

Mar 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'm on the same page to find a red spider. Took me almost a half year without any luck. But I would say you get what you pay for, gonna be a reason to give you a huge discount.

18. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    do what makes YOU happy, hopefully we will all make it thru this..... think of the people that don't even have $85.00 in their bank account... how they will get food etc..... terrible times....

19. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    If you can wait— I bet you can work sellers down if this continues.

if you can’t wait— then enjoy!

20. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    ok more info on the car.

1. has some sticky buttons
    2. key doesnt unlock or lock so need a new key (HOW MUCH IS A NEW KEY)
    3. not sure about exhaust manifolds

clutch was changed 3k miles ago and he is estimating 80% remaining based on that (yes i know kinds bs).

thinkin of offering 80k now. might be a great buy at that.

will cost me $1500 to ship

21. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    I can at least tell you the key part as I had a Ferrari dealer quote me a second key, a cost the selling dealer picked up for me. It was $1093.99.
    Sticky Buttons I've been told you can do yourself or send them out to be done, not sure of the cost, they were taken care of on mine.
    Budget $3k to $5k for the manifolds. I have Fabspeed ones + blankets on order and that was just under $5k.

22. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    What !!!!, the key doesn't even unlock the car? I could see maybe a key having trouble starting the car because it needs reprogramming (1 hour or less at the dealer for labor if you have the key code card), but unlocking the car? Something doesn't smell right here which could be why the price is the way it is. Sounds like there is more to the story here, and that means risk which is why they might be open to "negotiation" to get rid of the car. I'd walk and find another car.

23. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    I think walking is a bit extreme, even if you had to spend $2k on two brand new keys I think it's still a pretty good bargain. Is the deal at least contingent on a PPI? I had my dealer add verbiage to my sales agreement that if the PPI came back with anything (and it always comes back with SOMETHING, so gave me an extended out) I could void the whole deal.

Also, if the key doesn't lock or unlock, could it just be a $4 battery? LOL

24. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    The key can lock/unlock the car even if the battery is dead. It's mechanical on the door lock. Unless he is saying the key doesn't work REMOTELY locking and unlocking the car, then could be dead battery, key needs recoding, or something else like the remote unlock is broken on the actual car.

As for walking, it's not the idea of the cost of a key, but sometimes it's the little things that give a hint to bigger problems. Missing a key, sure. Dead remote on key, sure. Key doesn't even open the car when you put it in the lock, but can unlock the steering wheel (he hasn't said this is the case, just giving you an example)... now that sounds fishy unless the physical door lock is broken or the door is from a different car and they forgot to swap the locks which could mean accident damage cheaply repaired.

Cheers,
    Corey

E60 M5 likes this.
  25. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    I agree with everything here. I assumed it was remotely not working as I've virtually never heard of a key that works to start up a car not mechanically work to unlock a keyhole.
    Also, to Corey's point above, you really should get a PPI at least scheduled. Especially a Spider, I've heard roof issues start at 5 figures. The first three things I had the Ferrari dealer doing the PPI check was the roof mechanism, F1 pump and manifolds.