488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Do not commit to a price $100K less than MSRP, it could happen sooner than you thought...

2. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Clearly the minority here but I love it

Also love McLaren Orange over blue too

Yumeoikake, ryalex and 09Scuderia like this.
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    The latter looks good.

ryalex likes this.
  4. Yumeoikake

Yumeoikake Rookie

Mar 22, 2018
    I think it’s an amazing spec. It’s good to see something unusual and bold. We don’t have to always have red/ black right :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ScottS, Ash Patel and spyderman like this.
  5. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Agreed, who is going to want that combo!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Shadowfax likes this.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Nobody.

Funny how the few who say they love it aren't prepared to buy it for themselves. You'd think if it was as great as they say it is they'd be all over it like a rash fighting to buy it. But nope ....just crickets. In this climate even at half price it isn't going to shift easy.

Il Co-Pilota and PTG1 like this.
  7. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    I don't have Pista money anymore. Sorry I will refrain from commenting in the future.

8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Half price I'm in.While inside without seeing the exterior, it looks pretty good. The exterior simply needs new stripes.

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    There was a 488 in classifieds with a similar spec, it sat forever. In fact I think its still sitting.

10. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
  11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    BHills had similar in RS that sat forever. Might still be there unsold.

SoCal to az likes this.
  13. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I never listen to the radio in my car but I have a spider. I never use the navigation. I would assume that people who buy the Pista aren't trying to make it a daily driver. It's supposed to be a track focused car. I don't see how those things not being in it would matter on resale to a person that wants a track focused car. I wasn't interested in the Pista because it's a track focused car. I like my car because I can take it to the track and I have but I prefer it as a cruising car with the ability to get on it. But who knows, maybe you are correct. Other than that, anything else you can see wrong with it?

14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I agree. And if you really want a sound system aftermarket is way better.

ChipG and wrs like this.
  15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m not into red Pistas- too many around but that’s just me. No the car actually looks great and I could do without car play for sure. I have it on my other cars and frankly it’s a bit annoying. Navigation- yeah- don’t need it. Radio? Well- not that’s it’s a must on a track focused car but how many Pistas actually go on the track? Bluetooth? That’s that straw for me. No chance I’d buy a car without Bluetooth. Track focused or not.

If you look at the spec plate in the truck- it’s a bare bones car. Msrp- probably 410-415k so despite all that they are still asking over msrp most likely.

wrs likes this.
  16. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Knowing boardwalk it's probably $10k over. I know it's a bare bones spec but it's how I would have ordered a Pista if I had albeit not in Rosso Corsa. I have yet to own a Rosso Ferrari.

17. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    [QUOTE="SoCal to az, post: 147125013, member: 127038"

If you look at the spec plate in the truck- it’s a bare bones car. Msrp- probably 410-415k so despite all that they are still asking over msrp most likely.[/QUOTE]

That was my friend's Pista he ordered with Scuderia shields but it came without so Boardwalk had him placed another order. Anyway this Pista has an original MSRP of $403k.

of2worlds and wrs like this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    That was my friend's Pista he ordered with Scuderia shields but it came without so Boardwalk had him placed another order. Anyway this Pista has an original MSRP of $403k.[/QUOTE]

cool. Thanks for the info. Looked like a bare bones spec and 403k is about a snare bones as you can get and boardwalk is still asking 26k over msrp. Lol.

19. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    cool. Thanks for the info. Looked like a bare bones spec and 403k is about a snare bones as you can get and boardwalk is still asking 26k over msrp. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Boardwalk was asking well over $500k a few months ago but then they kept dropping it to $429k.

of2worlds, wrs and SoCal to az like this.
  20. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Likely the owner is selling on consignment and would probably take below MSRP by now if someone were to offer.

This is my dilemma. I have a $435k spec 812 that was just delivered to my dealer here in Austin. It's beautiful and I want it but am I driving off the lot with a $100k haircut? I could just forfeit my $10k until they sell the car or take the risk of the big haircut later and enjoy the car. I am fairly conflicted seeing how many cars there are out there for sale and no interest at all.

racerdj and Melons like this.
  21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You will take a haircut in any new car today. That’s a given. Just have to decide how badly you want your own spec...or buy one used that is someone’s spec.

22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I never turn the radio on in the car. Apple play, and navigation are pointless. With Siri and Waze, why would anyone spend $4000 on Navi. Bluetooth is a must.

Thecadster and wrs like this.
  23. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    You are not alone in this predicament. Some picking up F8 are saying the same. My take is
    If you are contemplating whether to take the car then you are better off forfeiting your 10k deposit and move on. The only other downside is dealer may move you down their list for future purchase but playing the game of buying new F cars to climb up the ladder of a dealership is no longer worth it In my humble opinion

ScottS, mkraft3003 and Autolove like this.
  24. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Bill, of course, don't take delivery. $100k loss at least. I wouldn't give 2 snips about any 'relationship' with any dealer in this new economy. They played their hands to the fullest over the last (now dead) Ferrari bull market. Hardball with any new Ferrari dealer.

They won't be able to market that car for 180 days. It will sit in the basement collecting dust. Pass on taking delivery if they won't price for this market which is not MSRP. If they say no, 12-18 months from now if you will have more 812 buying options for significantly less. You will have no problem getting a GTS etc going forward.

Shadowfax, SoCal to az and IPO1 like this.
  25. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Boardwalk was asking well over $500k a few months ago but then they kept dropping it to $429k.
    [\QUOTE]

$500K--gotta love old Boardwalk.

They better keep dropping...no shields...good luck.