When was the most recent vintage recreation? | FerrariChat

When was the most recent vintage recreation?

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by Smiles, Mar 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    There are many F-cars that have been stripped of their bodies and converted.

I think that, in general, if that crime has happened more recently, then that crime is more severe.

I tend to forgive someone taking a 2+2 250 at some point in time and making something more special out of it. The glory was, after all, in the engine. Having said that, I left my 330 2+2 intact.

But with recent prices, I don’t think anyone would convert a Less-than-loved Ferrari into a desirable imitation. Would they?

So what s/n was the most recent to be chopped?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

2. nico308

nico308 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2011
    Maybe the Citroen 2cv with 355 engine/chassis ??

3. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    #3 PAUL500, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    No doubt the 250 SWB copies from GTO, but nothing gets used from the donor anyway, whats left of them are all sitting in a barn in Wales!

I had a really good look over the brand new chassis of one of theirs about 2 years ago they had just collected from the fabricator and were about to assemble, and I believe another 3 or 4 were in the pipeline after that.

A crime is to do something illegal/unlawful, owners of such cars can do whatever they like with them, people in the peanut gallery need to just suck it up and stop continually bleating, as nothing is going to change regardless.

hagen111 likes this.
  4. Alex_202

Alex_202 Karting

Apr 10, 2008
    Sweden
    I recently purchased a 330 gt 2+2 sn 5483, or rather what was left of it. Sometime between 2012 and 2015 the chassi and identity was used for something else.

I have a stripped shell, but aquiring parts to be able to get it back on the road again. However, with the Ferrari inflation, the drive train and suspension will have to remain open.

If anyone knows of who or rather what vehicle now uses the sn 5483, it would be interesting to know.

5. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    You've probably seen this here.

6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    link not work

7. Alex_202

Alex_202 Karting

Apr 10, 2008
    Sweden
    Yes, and I am the current registered owner. As it states, body only. The car seems to have been dismantled prior to 2015 when drive train was up for sale in Germany.

I was curious to know if anyone knows what happened and where and with what the ”paper identity” resides.

8. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    The people in the peanut gallery "who are continually bleating" simply love real and original Ferraris and have the right to express their opinion. And many of them hate replicas, fakes, imitations and other Ferraris cut in pieces. That being said, if an engine is removed from a 250 GT or 330 GT 2+2 and used for a period of time in a 100% replica car (including the chassis) and the operation is reversible, why not.

9. Alex_202

Alex_202 Karting

Apr 10, 2008
    Sweden
    In my case I bought the body from GTO Engineering, but they are not the ones responsible for dismantling it. The shell had been for sale in Italy prior to GTO aquiring it.

It would be interesting to know who has the title and what it is today.

10. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Works for me.

11. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name: