COVID 19 | Page 9 | FerrariChat

COVID 19

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by LMH, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #201 ylshih, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Did you report this? Don't ask "where are they?" if you haven't. As it turns out someone else did just now.

Posts deleted, vegasoul 30-day site ban for attack on other users and posting P&R outside P&R.

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  2. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Same here and Reported, as well. Could be wrong, but I believe he was previously banned under a different name on this Forum.

Bundy likes this.
  3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    In France serious epidemiologists said the real number for the country is 20 times more

4. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Small comment on Germany. Germany has 5x (!!!) the number of available Intensive Care beds including breathing machines vs e.g. Netherlands. They are very well organised and won't hit the limits of IC capacity as soon as other EU countries.... They are better prepared and invested more to take care of their population.

jpalmito likes this.
  5. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#205 Cigarzman, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020

You are gonna make lots of new friends here. As Boke once told me to respect your elders. I found it to be great advice. Good luck Dr. best , Kirk.

BOKE likes this.
  6. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin

Derogatory remarks. 30-day thread ban.

7. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Of-course, the real number of ANY country is 20 times more, it's a general Corona-virus rule, and it apples to all nations not ONLY France!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

DGPF likes this.
  8. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Agnelli Family Donates 10 Million Euros And 150 Ventilators To Fight Coronavirus

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  9. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Lol. How about HIV? Who is responsible then? So easy to point finger during panic mode. Relax.

DGPF and Boomhauer like this.
  10. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I am also a emergency physician as well intubating covid 19 patients. With all due respect, I think you miss the point about the the public react this way. This is about a few individuals we love. The statistics shows mortality of 3-4% for the virus overall, but when one of our loved one dies, it is viewed as 100%. It's human psyche that we are dealing with evetually. When the summer comes, the virus will likely slow down.

I recommend people on this forum find ways to donate materials to your local hospitals so that we can take care of you when you need it.

DGPF, wax, njcycleguy and 1 other person like this.
  11. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    You are so late ignoring him! He is on the ignore list of many people here!

12. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    With all due respect as a fellow physician, I don’t believe the death rate is anywhere near as high as 3-4% with access to reasonable care.

Thecadster and kes7u like this.
  13. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I absolutely hope you are right and I am wrong. With the sensitivity of only 70%+ for the screening test missing 30% of true sickness, we likely have increased number of the denominator, driving the overall mortality lower. But like many diseases, the older folks have increase OR of .1 per 1 year of age unfortunately with the virus. So there is definitely a different and higher mortality rate for different age groups.

DGPF likes this.
  14. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    For sure, it’s more dangerous in older age groups. That’s true for many infectious diseases.

15. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Illinois just had a toddler die from it yesterday. Early detection and access to quality care definitely improve your likelihood to recover.

Texas Forever likes this.
  16. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Thecadster likes this.
  17. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    A recent Lancet study suggests an overall death rate of 0.66%, with mortality rates ranging from 7.8% for those over 80 years old, to under 0.16% for all age groups under 40, and only 0.00161% for children 9 years of age and younger.

BMW.SauberF1Team and IloveGT like this.
  18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    just so that other nonmedical reader are not underestimating the mortality rate of COVID 19. let me put in a perspective here.

"During a March 11 hearing of the House Oversight and Reform Committee on coronavirus preparedness, Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, put it plainly: "The seasonal flu that we deal with every year has a mortality of 0.1%,” he told the congressional panel, whereas coronavirus is "10 times more lethal than the seasonal flu," per STAT news."

The 0.66% from Lancet is guaranteed to be changed as we are early in this pandemic we are very much under testing and not knowing the number of true diseases. What is different about covid19 from flu is how aggressive the covid can spread, we dont have vaccine against it, and how quick it kills.

But again, don't panic and drive your Ferrari 6 or 2am.

Bundy likes this.
  19. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I see nothing wrong with driving a Ferrari during the quarantine. Male sure you wash your hands after getting gas.

Gas is getting cheaper. Dropping 2 cents a day.

Nobody is on our mountain roads. What fun.

Texas Forever, Ryan S. and kes7u like this.
  20. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    very educational and easy to understand video about why covid-19 will not end up just like another flu.

m3doc, EastMemphis and schwoo like this.
  21. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Look it’s seriously a scary scenario, biblical in nature. My friend, 45, super healthy guy is fighting for his life in the ICU. I can barely sleep, we all can’t believe it, I am sick to my stomach. The doctors give daily updates to his wife and kids, nobody can see him,it’s absolutely unreal. I feel like I am in a movie and try to use my work and cars to distract me but I have a hard time doing it. Should I feel so guilty enjoying anything right now ? With so many layoffs around me and a few other friends that had great businesses are literally grabbing at straws to stay afloat it’s tough man.

Texas Forever and Bundy like this.
  22. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #222 IloveGT, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    I know how you feel. Hope your friend can pull this off. People do get extubated and recover from it

If driving our cars can help us be sane, then we should drive it. No guilt needed.

Texas Forever, Bundy and uhn2000 like this.
  23. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Back to Ferrari, this opinion piece in Autocar discusses whether the recent announcement about restarting production at the height of the crisis in Italy was in poor taste. By now we know the post-IPO face of Ferrari that cares mostly about its shareholders, and there are two sides to the argument. Personally, I thought it was a new low to make the press release so obviously about the stock price.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/opinion/industry/opinion-ferraris-questionable-decision-restart-production

DGPF and Texas Forever like this.
  24. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I live in a neighborhood that is about 90 percent vacation homes. Our town sent out notifications to every homeowner a couple of weeks ago stating that if you come up here from out of state they would like you to self-quarantine for 14 days. People are just ignoring this, every weekend we have cars from ct,n.y. and n.j. coming up here and not even staying in when they are here and then going back to the city and doing the same thing the following weekend. If it's happening here I'm sure that it is happening in a lot of other places. This is how this virus keeps spreading if you get in your Ferrari or whatever car you have and drive around I don't see that posing a risk of spreading the virus. Ignorant selfish people are what is going to continue to spread this virus. It just doesn't change a lot of people don't get it or just don't care.

Texas Forever likes this.
  25. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    In Spain the state of alarm (lockdown) has been extended to April 26th, since March 14th that we are at home... and they alrrady said ir will probable go further