Ferrari 575 – Model Year changes? What to look for? | FerrariChat

Ferrari 575 – Model Year changes? What to look for?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by lambo_xx, Mar 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lambo_xx

lambo_xx Rookie

May 23, 2010
    Hi everyone, looking for some help & advice here. Does anyone know what/if any were the updates done to it throughout production? For example was the F1 gearbox ever updated? 360 was improved in 2003 for example. If not are there any options to improve it? For example I know challenge stradale software can be put on a normal 360.

I believe there was the following options, standard car, then a handiling pack was offered, then the GTC handling pack. Is that correct? How big a difference do the handling packs make?

Is there anything else that is worth knowing?

Thanks in advance

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Read the 575 technical thread back to front for a lot of info. All of your questions have been answered multiple times. Also, see if this helps.

Attached Files:

3. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Trying to buy an Enzo, an F50, and a 575M. Instant collection.

Themaven and mathewr like this.
  4. JC1720

JC1720 Karting

Jan 21, 2016
    UK
    In a nutshell there are 3 road specs of 575 - base car, Fiorano Handling Pack and HGTC.

In my experience the base car feels flabby vs the 550 (and was panned in UK press when released). The FHP had stiffer springs, different brake callipers and Pagid pads (that squeal when cold!), stiffer anti-roll bars and different steering ECU. The HGTC went a step further, stiffer springs and roll bars, different suspension ECUs, faster F1 software, sports exhaust and big ceramic brakes. I think split 19" rims too, needed for bigger brakes. In the UK the FHP option was c £2.2k and HGTC something like £16k. These details from memory - precise details and country variations can be found on other threads. Also I understand some of the early handling issues were resolved on later cars by upgrading ECUs etc on the base model over time. FHP cars relatively common, HGTC far rarer.

Here in the UK the FHP cars seem to be the ones to have, the HGTCs much harder to find if you want one.

Good luck!
    John

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    A friend in the UK had a non-FHP car and thought the roads were too bad during his ownership to consider using even the Sport suspension setting

6. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    And then there are the pre-Steering Position Sensor 575Ms and the post-Steering Position Sensor ones (AN 52556). Makes quite a bit of difference in handling, plus they have updated Shock Absorber ECUs to provide lead into turn stiffening from the position sensor.

HGTC was only available very late in the production run. MY 05 575Ms in the US and late CY 04 in the ROW.