Anyone here own a Laferrari? Or Enzo, F50, F40? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone here own a Laferrari? Or Enzo, F50, F40?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by JustAnotherCarPerson, Mar 24, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JustAnotherCarPerson

Nov 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Butt head
    Good point I could see why they wouldn’t want to join right away.

2. JustAnotherCarPerson

Nov 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Butt head
    How am I a troll all I asked was 2 questions and wrote a small joke on the laferrari aperta ad how am I being a troll?

3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    No one knows anything about you. You could be an earnest 15 year old expressing an interest, with whom most users would happily share their enthusiasm. Or you could be a bored 15 year old stuck in self-isolation pretending interest or a much older person pretending to be 15 years old, acting out either possibility just to prank us, which most users would call a troll and would react negatively against.

Against you are the "Butt head" name, the gummie joke, and two rather odd question threads, which are more typical of the latter two possibilities than the first possibility.

Jaguar36 and paulchua like this.
  4. JustAnotherCarPerson

Nov 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Butt head
    I can see why you guys probably think I’m a troll, I used the butt head name because 1 I didn’t want to use my real name for security reasons 2 I thought it was be kinda funny like why not?

now that I think about the “does anyone own a laferrari, F40, F50, Enzo here? That is a odd question but it seems like no one here owns one and I wondered so I asked, but yeah I could see why they wouldn’t say “Hey guys look at my new 2003 Ferrari Enzo in Rosso Dino that I bought for 2.3M any thoughts? :D” yeah I probably wouldn’t blert that out either.

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Perhaps maybe also because you won't answer my question as well? (since you know, this is literally the 7th time I've now asked you)

6. JustAnotherCarPerson

Nov 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Butt head
    Ok, if you asking about why I feel remorse idk why I do I just do when I spend a lot of money on something it’s not that I feel like I don’t deserve it or I did something bad to get it I think I always get this “oh my lord what have I done” feeling when I spend like a lot or all my money on something.

if this about the mars thing it’s because when you said “he doesn’t feel like your BMW is good enough for him, yeah he went there” and I asked you why you said something that I didn’t say and made me look like a entitled brat (cause I’m not) and you kept saying trying to make me answer your question without answering my question is reason I stopped answering to you.

7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #32 paulchua, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Is it you think you should save money? Is it you think you should give it to the poor? Is it you are trying to distance yourself from material things?

You said you're worried the 812 SF might not handle perfectly enough for you here.

You don't even have a driver's license yet.

That's like a guy that never played basketball, going on a basketball enthusiast forum, and posting he's worried he would beat a professional NBA player 1 on 1.

Then when called out on it, write why do you guys think I'm an "entitled brat (cause I'm not)."

8. JustAnotherCarPerson

Nov 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Butt head
    Yeah I feel like should save money but I should also buy something that brings me joy and enjoy life.

paulchua likes this.
  9. JustAnotherCarPerson

Nov 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Butt head
    I said that cause I’m not trying to be nor want to so I don’t why you guys think that but if some things I say come off as I’m entitled well I’m sorry I didn’t mean it like that.

10. JustAnotherCarPerson

Nov 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Butt head
    it says you think that that guys BMW isn’t good enough for me and then said “Yeahhh he went there!” Which then I asked you why you said something that I said that I never said but when I asked you why you kept ignoring my question you kept saying how I need to answer your question first which I just did.

if your gonna be a OWNER and MODERATOR you shouldn’t say things that aren’t true and making someone look bad for no damn reason and then ignore my question.

11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #36 paulchua, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    This is a good and admirable thing. The key is balance and proportionality. For example, if your net worth is a billion dollars, would you feel bad if you spent 300K?

But went over this already haven't we?

You fessed up and said the real reason is you're scared that an 812 wouldn't live up to your expectations. So if an 812 wouldn't meet your 'handling' criteria, what 3 series BMW could?

After that, you went back to this notion of guilt.

That's the question you still haven't answered, so for the 9th time - so you feel you should save money, you didn't disclose for what? To help the poor, to give to your kids, etc.

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I actually answered it here and here.

You fessed up and said the real reason is you're scared that an 812 wouldn't live up to your expectations. So if an 812 wouldn't meet your 'handling' expectations, what 3 series BMW could?

13. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    any chance we can close this thread and move it to the "Pissing in the wind" section.

the "288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari" section of FerrariChat is normally a great place to be, great people, great contributions, knowledge openly shared - basically we are a happy bunch enjoying each others social/electronic company......this thread has no place here.

14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Actually, IMO he can have the most fun with a low- to mid-range sports car or sports sedan/coupe, like an older BMW 3-series, VW GTI, Mazda Miata, etc. I learned about handling dynamics in a Fiat X1/9 (2000 lbs and about 70 horsepower, but very well balanced). I learned a lot and scared myself several times, but at speeds that weren't crazy that could be instant death. Modern supercars are fast, but are rarely usable at the limits on public roads and scaring yourself in them often means "good-bye world".

The quote that you posted about how he visualizes driving the 812 Superfast indicates that he thinks that his money will buy him a car that has "near" perfect handling and that what he expects is to just take mountain roads at super fast speeds with the car taking care of everything and no worries. The reality is nothing is further from the truth, first that's boring, second every car has limits, it's just a question of when you hit them. If he doesn't realize that he should learn the limits of handling at moderate speeds, he will be toast in an 812 at higher speeds, and just indicates why these posts are not very useful or interesting to most anyone else.

I took the Porsche Ice Driving school in Quebec this January and had a total blast. All nannies off and slipping, sliding, flicking and drifting at 30-50 miles an hour on an ice track in Porsche 992 C2 and C4 cars. That was a great way to learn about car handling.

15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Excellent post and my I say, hopefully, bring this thread back to form.

I agree a ditch (or worse) awaits one that doesn't have a healthy dose of respect as well as an understanding of the dynamics of any car, especially a modern exotic.

An E36 could provide just an enjoyable experience, if not more, while still sanely exploring limits. However, our OP did state his lamentation is the handling of an 812 handling would not be 'perfect' enough for him. Specifically, in context, that it may not be able to go fast enough around curve without crashing.

As I said, when I was 15, I hope I didn't have the chutzpah to go into a Ferrari dealership, size up the F355, the salesman comes up to me and says,

"A beauty, eh?"

Me: "I worry it doesn't have perfect handling."

16. JustAnotherCarPerson

Nov 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Butt head
    It was a peaceful thread till IloveGT piped up

17. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Guys, stop this saga. What a waste of time and energy.
    Moderators: Please CLOSE this thread. The earlier, the better.

Marcel Massini

18. JustAnotherCarPerson

Nov 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Butt head
    Yeah just delete thread guys it’s obvious that paul is gonna continue to bug me about not answering his question and this could go on forever.

19. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Relax, man.
    Close and delete is not the same.

Marcel Massini

paulchua likes this.
  20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    In good faith, @JustAnotherCarPerson your original question is answered, you good? Or do you have another question?

21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #46 paulchua, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    As I said, I was completely serious, and not trying to be facetious.

Your level of passion in defending 'Butt head' has only been seen to me (and another) by those in intimate relationships. I even disclosed my teenage shenanigans as a defense of your behavior, if so.

It :mad:Ppears :rolleyes:froM your wRiting :)style!, That you are around the same peer group as 'Butt head.'

I make no judgments if you and @JustAnotherCarPerson are homosexual; both of you need to be true to yourselves, is my opinion. I have many friends and family I love that follow non-traditional roles in their sexuality. You are you, and you must accept yourself first (whatever that is) is my advice.

I do draw a line; however, if you defend someone like @noone post making a joke about illness in a distress sale due to another illness, toward a war veteran no less. Being passionate in defense of your lover is one thing, making fun of a war veteran's wounds, is another (either intentionally or not.)

22. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    Yeah, this thing got out of hand and I don't want to get into any of that. I almost just want to start a thread for kids to ask their questions though, so we can avoid some of this.

I feel like one thing missing is what it's like to be a teenager wanting to learn more about stuff like this and looking for answers. You can watch videos, read magazines, whatever, but if you dream of owning one one day, you want to know how people got there, you want to know if it was worth it (because you see the mountain ahead of you).

I can remember when a local guy bought an Enzo. I didn't want to bug him, but I was curious about a couple things and wanted to imagine what it was like (if you come from a poor family you can relate). I'd ask the sales guys - what did he do for a living? Did he own any other Ferraris? Would he ever take it to the track? Was he a nice guy?

When you're younger and the only people you know who drive Ferraris are rappers and athletes, it's helpful to learn about the guy who owns a paving business and has a collection, or the home builder, banker, etc. It makes it more real.

anunakki and paulchua like this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks for sharing, I loved hearing about your background.

You seem like a thoughtful guy, and because of this, I'm sure when you were a teenager, you never said to the guy that bought the Enzo that it probably wouldn't handle perfect enough for you? Furthermore, that's the reason you wouldn't want one?

Just so you know that's what the OP did that raised eyebrows (and had his boyfriend rush to his defense), not for asking general questions.

24. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I have spent a number of years working in Ferrari dealers and there were often kids around wanting to look or know more. I was one myself at one time. The polite and respectful ones always got a tour. The ones who referred to themselves as Butt Head, had their pants around their ankles and hats on backwards never did. You want to be taken seriously and treated well? You need to present yourself in a manner deserving of it.

paulchua and joe sackey like this.
  25. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    There's a ton of energy around this whole thing that just seems disproportionate to put it nicely. I actually don't think this kid is a troll, but I guess the effect is now the same one way or the other.

The 'handle perfect' thing makes sense to me - I mean, there's plenty of articles from the time that highlighted how the Enzo tended to understeer. Not to mention, I'm sure there's been at least a dozen video games that have ratings on how it handles compared to other cars. Plus, the 812 was faster around Fiorano so one could think that's because of the handling since that's a relatively tight track. These type of things inform opinions, even for non-owners - so what's the big deal? Car guys like to compare and contrast and we all have different reference points.

The regret thing makes sense to me too. I won't spend more than $20 on a bottle of wine for myself, but will spend $100 on one for a friend. I work hard and love to play golf on occasion but I feel guilty sometimes when I play even if I 'deserve it' because I have a family and a full schedule - I feel uneasy with the idea of indulging. Buyer's remorse is common enough for it to have its own term, so discussing it conceptually on a high-dollar item doesn't seem like a big deal either. It's not like he came on here trying to guilt everyone about what they do with their money, he wanted to know if people who reached the mountain top thought it was still worth it . . .

Consider the fact that many schools beat all sorts of anti-work, anti-money themes into kids these days, it's really not that far fetched that there would be some internal conflict for a young person with aspirations. I've been working since I was eleven and held three jobs at one point, but still graduated saying stupid things like "money doesn't really matter," "fair share...," and so on. Took about 3 years fully in the real world to undo the damage. I coached a high school sport for a few years and you wouldn't believe the stuff that comes out of the mouth of teenagers today - this is nothing.

paulchua likes this.