Hello from NJ! New GTS 6 speed member | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Hello from NJ! New GTS 6 speed member

Discussion in '348/355' started by GTSNJ, Jan 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    It does? The "papers", meaning the current, valid, NJDMV title VIN matches the VIN on the plate on the car?

If that is so then end of story for me and my apologies.

2. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Oh yeah, I agree on the wheels as well but think it will be a tough sale regardless.

3. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    As for the vin matching the title or not, it was still cleaned and it's history of being a non runner after hurricane Sandy omitted.

4. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    Unlike you.. I do not, have not, and will never misrepresent a car I am selling with the intention of getting one over on an unsuspecting prospective buyer...

5. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Post a picture of your VIN please.

6. GTSNJ

GTSNJ Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2015
    I'm glad you believe that you can thoroughly judge my character through an online forum. I have been transparent in my listing, disclosed the vehicle being refinished and the water damage that was not reported to insurance. If you actually saw the car...today and show me how I misrepresented the vehicle then this comment could be justified if there is some disparity, otherwise it's just more libel like the rest of this thread. This car looks and drives awesome. My vin is correct and it is posted in the auction including the vin tag on the door. Any prospective buyer will see that the title matches. I accept the apology from other members.

Good luck to you.

7. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    #407 bikz, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    i have seen you post photos of manure being taken in your car...why can't u just post a photo of the vehicle reg document and get over with it? nevertheless reading this thread was quite fun...helps learning to profile someone....

8. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    GTS or whatever your name is. 20 pages on this crap. Put it to rest. I live 30 miles from as do others on here. I'll come see the car again and examine the title personally for anyone who wants to buy this car. Just contact me.

Post a pic if the title you currently have in your possession that you will sign over to the buyer showing the VIN and silence the masses and then discuss the car physically period.

You paid 30k for the car, asking 53k 5 months later after stating numerous times you weren't just flipping it. Carb and others have shown issues with the VIN , you won't step up and clarify that after repeated requests. This is A free ooen forum with intelligent, informed, experienced owners on it. There are guys in here who have participated here honestly and fully who have sikd their cars in this community without even advertising them. Their honesty and integrity sold the cars.

Your car may be worth what you paid for it. Any buyer should have full disclosure of what they are buying and in this case there are open gaps on the cars history. I would suggest if this forum matters to your marketing that you at stop the questions and clarify the VIN situation at a minimum.

9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I'm a bit dissapointed GTSNJ didn't make a serious attempt to restore this car. It still very well could be a straight car. Hopefully, whoever buys it does. Or just turn it into a track car and call it a day.

10. oe2

oe2 Rookie

Aug 15, 2011
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chris Morris
    LONG time member first time poster. I am keeping an eye on '95's and I saw this one come up on ebay. As soon as I could find the VIN I put it into google and it led me straight to this thread.

Thank you Fchat for keeping me from making a mistake

11. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So, wait...? This guy turned out to be a scumbag all along?!? Really?!? What a total and shocking surprise! Like, OMG! Who would have ever imagined! How did no one see this coming?!?

I'm so glad I didn't have to apologize for my comments a couple of months ago. Because then I'd be really obnoxious right now. Like, so much more obnoxious than I'm already being right now. So much more obnoxious.

12. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just wow.... 411 posts to demonstrate why I almost never visit Fchat anymore. Man do I miss the pre-recession ownership gang.

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    #413 134282, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    ah. Saw it at the Maserati show room show yesterday. It does stand out in white.

15. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #415 Steve355F1, Jun 15, 2015
    Good Lord!

It's pretty obvious that if this is the car which is the subject of this thread, the small amount of "benefit of the doubt" that I had applied in this case was mis-placed.

Check out the shut lines on that pic!

Not to mention the appalling bad taste oozing out of every pore of it's being.

I actually feel sorry for the car, which no doubt was beautiful when it left the factory all those years ago.

:(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Was the door not closed all the way?

17. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    That's the shadow from the side mirror going down the door panel...

18. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Gotcha!

I still don't understand why anyone would put tape over their VIN number?

19. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Obstructing a VIN # = violation = ticket = sign of possible car theft = possible detainment for more than you would like.

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    #420 134282, Jun 15, 2015
    I know why Ferrari Beverly Hills does it. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Last I heard it was painted white. I drove that car.

22. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I completely forgot about this dumpster fire. Great memories :)

drbob101 and Robb like this.
  23. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ohh wow those are my gauge trim rings I gave away like 5 sets, one set up one wound up there.