F8 - Coronavirus & Production | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Coronavirus & Production

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Glenn Quagmire, Mar 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA

2. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have an F8 for June delivery but it is still 10 green so no movement ... it will obviously be late... but the dealer did send an F8 demo to me (I live 200 miles away from the dealer) I have had it two days and I really like it.... the sound at first is quiet but actually inside at over 4000rpm sounds pretty good and it is quick gets to 80 very fast and I keep it in 4th or maybe 5 gear sounds great ... Also think it handles pretty good a big improvement over what I remember about the 488... I would consider keeping this but it does not have any outside carbon fiber and I think that is important.. ... so very happy with the demo....probably put 200 miles on it so far..it goes back tomorrow sometime in the pm...
    I will wait at this point maybe it will end up an early 21 and maybe the stock market will come back....

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  3. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    How do you all track your car status at the factory? I have a Pista inbound scheduled for delivery in June-August. I’m fully anticipating it to be delayed possibly into the fall with the virus impact on Italy.

4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    so far I get an update once a week from the sales man if he does not email me I ask him....
    I believe these cars will be late and I don't think anyone can be sure how late at this time..
    due to parts availability .... I hope I am wrong...

5. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Here is what I would say - hope for the best, expect the worst. Yes, there will be impacts, tough not to have them. Even if the car gets built then the question is shipping, receiving, etc. Just my two cents. My car is on a boat now, but with where the US is going with the virus I question how long it will take to get to me. Honestly, I am also questioning a bit the quality of the car. I know this may seem paranoid but I also worry about them trying to rush the car out of the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I have confirmed that status 90 does not mean it’s on the ship. My car went 90 seven days before it was actually on the ship.

7. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Same for me. I was 90 at least 4 days before the boat arrived in Italy (assuming it is on the one that just got to NY today).

8. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #33 IloveGT, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    The car is least of the concerns now. The market. The market and the frigging supermarkets! They even sold out frigging frozen chicken wings. The Russian increase of oil supply at this timing is absolutely strategic at its best to hurt us.

Fannie Mae just closed out 2 billions dollars loan last week and the bond market is absolutely volatile right now even with increasing rate. Freddie just increased the rate (contradicting the lowest 10yr yields in history!) In an attempt to slow down the borrowing, and that is a huge huge red flags!!!

This means the government itself is also getting very scared to insure these loans.

Literally my SA pursuit is placed on home indefinitely along with my children's school out.

9. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
  10. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Thank you for informing me. Not a good message but grateful to you for your post. The dealer here in The Netherlands says my order is now at Red10.

11. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
  12. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    We just need to wish everyone to be safe and healthy... It's really bad and tough on everyone specially now in Italy

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

DBFerrari likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Spain is going crazy too...300 dead yesterday I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan68 likes this.
  14. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim

15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If this all blows over you’ll have a 3-6 months delay. If it gets really bad a new Ferrari is the least of your concerns.

Dicecal and v35 like this.
  16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    My dealer is rally switched on

Had suspicion the factory would close

Massive delays on the F8 and other cars

Basically said can’t get enough 488 GTBs to sell

Might see a correction on 488 GTB trade in values for a F8

17. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    I'm keeping my eye on the situation and if it looks like a significant delay, I may search for a Pista build that suits me...and let my F8 order go. I suspect it will be a long while before we have real info related to how F8 orders are moving through the process...and even longer to see cars. Given recent economic shifts in the U.S., I'm interested to see what happens to exotic values, and Pista's in particular. Could it be a good time to buy in the near future??

18. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    There could be a spike in the used market seeing how current orders will be heavily delayed and I suspect new orders will be put on hold. Interesting times ahead.

MANDALAY and Glenn Quagmire like this.
  19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Yep . I know Australia is a small market but total for sale 488 GTB's has gone from 29 to 18 . My Dealer says they cant get enough 488 GTB's to sell

20. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Record low rates, stimulus money and the markets rebounding could make for a spike in the supercar market especially in the used market seeing how new cars will be delayed for months plus the driving season is upon us.

wrs likes this.
  21. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    interesting. i'd say the 488 is priced too low and the F8 too high. time will tell how it all shakes out.

LVP488 likes this.
  22. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Unsurprisingly, looks like Italy will go past the original April 3rd lockdown restriction. Maybe another month for the factory to be shut down?

23. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's not stimulus money. This money is largely unemployment benefits for the 3M people who just applied last week and the millions more who will apply over the next few weeks, and to keep businesses from defaulting on debt while they're forced to be closed. It's not stimulus, it's life support. Wealthy people won't see any benefit at all from this "stimulus". Rates were already near record low and loans aren't really getting any cheaper. You can only borrow money so cheap. An extra 50 bps on mortgage isn't going to cover the 30% drop in the SP500 of the typical supercar buyer. I'm down 7 figures and if I'm buying anything right now, it's going to be beat-down equities, not used Ferraris.

Supercar prices are going down down down IMO. Luxury items don't go up in price during a recession and potentially financial crisis.

24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    So your 7 figures down you say , well it would have been better to have that Ferrari ild say. It will lose money only if you sell it.

My take , don't leave it too late. Iife is short.

paulchua likes this.