eMT F1 & Indicator relay | FerrariChat

eMT F1 & Indicator relay

Discussion in '360/430' started by Marcoboxer, Mar 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Just fitted the relay for F1 pump and indicator relay sold by Scud Ing. Moderator, I’m not totally sure of the rules here so bump this off if not appropriate. Firstly, I have no affiliation with them, they took my money same as everyone else’s. My comments here are for ease of installation in case anyone is considering this and put off by opening up their car. The indicator relay is a simple swap, and from what I can tell, works as advertised. Accessible without using any tools. Just zip tie it in place. The F1 pump relay requires removing the panel behind the drivers seat, once that is done it’s all as simple as plugging it in and connecting a ground.

No clue if the F1 relay is really going to help yet, but the install was super easy, took maybe 25 mins for both.

2. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    I’ve had mine installed for a couple months now and I like it. Gives peace of mind that the system is working properly and I feel like the shifts are smoother and faster (can’t prove this, just my perception). My relay had what looked like burn marks on the contacts, so I feel like the solid state vs mechanical relay should be a plus.

3. gphodge

gphodge Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 15, 2010
    Washington
    Could you post up what models you bought as they have options you can add like monitoring and such. Any pics?

4. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    I bought the Advanced Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU. The web site shows you which one is for your model and has good install instructions. Here’s a pic of mine installed. I Velcro’d it in spot and left the display/indicator loose in the center console.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

gphodge and van22 like this.
  5. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Happy to open it up and take pics, but looks exactly like the listing from AandSC. I also bought the indicator module. Normally it is velcro’d/zip-tied to the original relay. Makes the indicators behave like newer car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Sunbeam430

Sunbeam430 Rookie

Jan 15, 2020
    Essex U.K.
    Full Name:
    Kurt William baur
    I have exactly the same in my F430. Great additions. Also have the remote control exhaust valve another great mod along with all interior led lights and all exterior led’s bar headlights and stop lamps

7. gphodge

gphodge Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 15, 2010
    Washington
    Thanks for posting what you guys bought, I ordered the 4 pin relay holder to change out from a 5 pin system to a 4 pin relay and then I can run a 50A relay and will look into this when I get to it and maybe carry a spare 50A relay as a backup since they are way cheaper than the 5 pin replays. They where so cheap I bought 4 of them as postal from the UK was more than 1 part.

Attached Files: