360 - Simple Newb question | FerrariChat

360 Simple Newb question

Discussion in '360/430' started by 88Mondialguy, Mar 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 88Mondialguy

88Mondialguy Rookie

Oct 22, 2017
    Full Name:
    Chris Toperczer
    So I opened the Engine Compartment Hood and tried to close it by holding it approx 20 cm from open and letting it drop. Still feels like there is a little give - don’t think it’s fully closed and don’t want to slam it shut because of the huge window!

2. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    Push down. Don't slam it

Flea7 and EastMemphis like this.
  3. 88Mondialguy

88Mondialguy Rookie

Oct 22, 2017
    Full Name:
    Chris Toperczer
    Of course did that - still feels like there is some play

4. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Ive noticed on my coupe that while the deck lid is adjusted and latched properly that there is some "flex movement" along the length of the lid. Been that way and it doesn't appear to be anything to prevent it.

5. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Try starting the car, if the deck lid is open I think either won't start or won't go into gear (assuming you have a F1).

6. PGI

PGI Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Speaking of lids, remember to push down on the emblem when closing the front lid.

7. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    My 360 was the same. When latched there was play, you could the lid vibrating up and down in the rear view mirror while driving. There are shim plates under the latch (on the lid from memory) I took one out and it tightened up nicely.
    Oh and I would not push down. The drop method is more recommended. But yes push down on the emblem for the front.

8. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    You may have to adjust the cable. Mine was coming completely unlatched while driving. Simple adjustment to shorten or lengthen the cable. If you do make an adjustment, recommend testing the emergency hood release before closing the hood.