Pilota Ferrari Sport Course | FerrariChat

Pilota Ferrari Sport Course

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by XSpeed, Nov 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    I'm very new to tracking. I'm considering the course in Fiorano for next spring.

What are your experiences? Was it too short, was it worth your time, did you learn a lot?

If you have any pics that's more than welcome.

2. Speed and Angels

Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    I attended the Sport course last year at COTA, worth every penny. Be careful, if you get the bug tracking a car once a month or so gets expensive pretty quick but boy is it fun. I love the idea of going to Italy for the course, have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You will have the time of your life. Definitely worth it!

4. Vladislav Pochuev

Mar 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Vladislav Pochuev
  5. Vladislav Pochuev

Mar 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Vladislav Pochuev
  6. MarkTodd

MarkTodd Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've done all four Corso Pilota in Italy, and I would do them all over again in a second!

7. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    I did the Sport course back when they were still using Mont Tremblant. It is amazing what you can learn over the course of 2 days with pro instructors. Worth every penny.

Texas Forever and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    I have mine in May 2020 at Thermal California.

9. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    are the ones in italy canceled because of the virus? what is the current situation?

10. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    I'm really considering starting the courses next year. Do you need to do all four courses back to back or can it be spanned out over a few years?

11. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    courses can be spanned out but need to be done in order (sport, advanced, evolution, challenge)

12. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Ok great, thank you for the reply. After you complete the Challenge course, do you get your racing license to compete in the Ferrari Challenge? And how long is that license good for?

13. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    in the sports course, how much time do you get on the track? just little bit or intensive two days?

14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    A ton. I went to bed tired both nights. Expensive, but I don’t have any buyer’s remorse.

vinny84 and SECRET like this.
  15. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    You will drive the cars so much that you will feel like they are your own. You will familiarize yourself with the cars and start to get used to what you like to do to set it up when you get in. You'll build preferences for which model(s) you like and why. You'll grow tired at a certain point in the day, but they have plenty of espresso to keep you going. You'll start to picture what it looks like in your garage. You'll be convinced that maybe you're fast enough to be a part of the Ferrari Challenge one day.

I've done several other manufacturers' driving courses as well as Dirtfish's 3 day AWD course. The seat time is among the best, and the selection of cars means you're always rotating into an interesting thing to do.

I had a really good time and met some great people along the way.

ThankfulGuy likes this.
  16. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I’m heading up to Monterey to watch the Ferrari Challenge in a few days.

Camping

17. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    You know if they're allowing spectators? I haven't heard a peep from the dealership

18. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Were you camping between T5 and T6 at last year's event? I remember seeing a good lookin' red Scud with gold wheels parked up there.

From the track's website it says no spectators however those that have credentials will be allowed in. In addition to credentials, a negative results COVID test report is required in advance to be in the paddock and pit lane. The event has a cap on how many people are allowed into the facility. The event is for sure going to 'feel' different from last year.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Checked with the dealer. They tried to get me a paddock pass, but I'm not VIP enough. Sucks

20. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Damn, Had I looked here sooner I could have added you to our guest list. Yes to everything Stokpro said too - no spectators and yes you need a Cover-19 test result in hand.

For those going, we are car #264! Stop by and say hello!

SECRET and mdrums like this.
  21. MikeMonty

MikeMonty Karting

May 28, 2004
    Nashville TN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What is rough cost for the initial sport course?

22. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    The 2021 schedule was just released. The Sport Course if $15,300 not including your travel.

23. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    While I'd love to do it again this year, I think I will wait until either the SF90 is added or a new car. The lineup is just too similar to the 2019/2020 lineup for the cost.