New FCar owner in RI | FerrariChat

New FCar owner in RI

Discussion in 'New England' started by PCarRI, Mar 18, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Saving myself the retyping.. Intro is here.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/new-member-feels-like-im-cheating.617408/

Just wanted to say hello to the local FChat community in New England. Just finalized my first Ferrari purchase, an 06 F430 Spider F1. Not sure how many there are in the area on this board (or in RI in general, roads aren't exactly conducive to these cars!) but I at least wanted to shout out and say hello!

talk to you all soon!

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Congrats on the new car and I wish you good luck with it!

However, without pics, it didn't happen. :)

Mighty Joe and EastMemphis like this.
  3. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  4. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    what part of RI?

Some weekends I stay in Charlestown. Particularly enjoy South County. Repurchased a bike so I expect more cruising this summer.

Regardless congrats & enjoy

5. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm way up in northwestern RI, near both the CT and MA border. I like acreage and no neighbors... although with this state the NW corner to the SE corner is still 45 minutes... LOL
    As far as pics, I'm still waiting on the car to be delivered (bought it while vacationing in FL earlier this year) but can tease with this snapshot.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mighty Joe likes this.
  6. GCNSX

GCNSX Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 20, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Welcome.............I have a black F430 spider in RI, waiting for a nice day to pick it up from Autohaus of Boston with a fresh service and Tubi Manifolds.

Hoping the current madness subsides. Looking forward to Newport Cars and Coffee and some great driving weather.

Greg

7. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    I play quite a bit of golf on the island, but oddly have never been to C&C down there. Hell I've even driven by the Car Museum a hundred times and still haven't had the chance to stop in!

8. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Great looking car! You will love the F430. I know I had 2 of them.... Its an awesome F-car and owner experience! Also, the F430's stil look outstanding and are passing the test of time with such grace!!! Love your spec!!!

9. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    TY sir, funny thing is I actually drove a 458 Spider and while I loved it having come out of several 911's in a row it felt very much like it (I'm sure I'll get flamed for that, but I still think the 911 TS is the finest all around car in the world). Then I drove the 430 and I loved how you still had to pay really close attention to driving it. The feel of it was amazing, and not gonna lie the $85k price difference didn't hurt. LOL

Mighty Joe likes this.
  10. InlineSixx

InlineSixx Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    Nashua, NH / Newport, RI
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Fantastic, great looking car! I too am located in RI [and NH for that matter] but am located in the Newport, RI when I do spend time down in RI. Hope to see that car someday if it ever ventures out to these parts.

11. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    And you won't be disappointed!!!

12. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
  13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It's going to take forever to arrive! :D

14. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Sounds like you and I are neighbors?
    I’m in Webster MA and can see Ct from my deck. RI is ten minutes away.
    Five minutes from Thompson Speedway.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Davesvt2000 likes this.
  15. JAS12

JAS12 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    JAS
    Congrats!! I live in northern R.I. and let her loose on the Rt 146 to 295 stretch every once in a while. Nice little straightaway. During the summers we have a place in Newport and the Car and Coffee events are great. Hope to meet up there this summer...even if we have to socially distance our cars and park 6 feet away from one another.

16. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    I'm in Dartmouth ma.i try to hit every Newport event I usally drive a red 360 or white r8 but anyone want to meet up for drives text me 5082154857 rick.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

17. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Hah, I sometimes play golf at the Speedway! I'm 15 min from it in Harrisville, RI.

Harrisville/Burrillville here, down 102 from 146. And I play golf at Green Valley in Portsmouth quite a bit so always on the island!

Would love to meet up with you guys when she comes in. I know my way around PCars really well for FCars are a new breed to me. Been watching "NormalGuySupercar" on Youtube non-stop for 3 months now as I'd like to do some of the basic maintenance myself.

ronfrohock likes this.
  18. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  19. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
  20. InlineSixx

InlineSixx Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    Nashua, NH / Newport, RI
    Full Name:
    Rick
    looks great!

21. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  22. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    TY so much! And big thanks to the FChat community here. Now a question.. (also posted this in the 430 section as well)
    Originally I didn't like the wheels, but the grew on me when she got here. However after taking her out for a 45 min spin last night, the front wheels rub when cutting the wheel all the way and the ride quality of 20" wheels in the Northeast I'm not sure my wife can deal with. Tires are 255/30/20 in front and 325 25/20 in rear. Think spacers on the front would help the rubbing? Or should I just seek out the OEM 19's?

23. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Congrats and awesome ride!

I have the same wheel sizes. When I had the 20” wheels installed, I also had the car lowered. It rubbed slightly, so I had it raised back up a smidge. Rubbing went away. Is your F430 lowered and where are the fronts rubbing?

24. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    I don't believe it's lowered, and not overly sure where the rubbing is as I've only driven the car for 45 min last night and the only rubbing happened when I cut the wheel all the way to back out of my garage...

25. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    ronfrohock likes this.