Pista Stripes | FerrariChat

Pista Stripes

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Mark Giordmaina, Mar 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark Giordmaina

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi anyone has the exact specs/dimensions of the pista stripes. As far as I know it tapers front to rear but never seen one on the flesh to measure.

Would like to do the exact same stripe on a 458.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Baitschev and LARRYH like this.
  2. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I believe there was another thread with the exact dimensions. You may get some resistance from people that the stripe should only be on special edition cars and putting it on a normal car is a poser. I say do what makes you happy it’s your car. Good luck.

3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Poser for what may I ask? They are all just street cars. Even track cars are far from race cars. Unless you risk your life for a worthless piece of plastic every week it could be argued (effectively so) its all posing. Get the stripe if you like it. :)

LARRYH likes this.
  4. BLKBLK

BLKBLK Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2011
    I agree. It's your car, do whatever you want to do to it so you can enjoy it to the max.

5. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    The stripes are reserved for certain cars, that’s why Ferrari doesn’t offer them on standard cars.

Some may say that getting the aftermarket stripes is equivalent to slapping on a fake badge (M, AMG, Turbo, etc) on other cars.

Secondly, I’ve seen folks do the vinyl stripes and they don’t look very nice up close. After a year or two, they look really bad.

I have buddy who did a black stripe in PPF, and that actually looked like paint. Problem is that PPF only comes in clear, matte, and black.

However, if it makes the OP happy, go for it. If he does vinyl, he can always remove them once he gets them out of his system.

Has anyone ever been successful at professionally painting them on? This would probably look the nicest and like a factory option. Bad part is that it’s permanent.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Unless you pay then you can get much better stripes on any car. As it should be for vehicles in this category.

https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/auto/personalization

7. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    I can tell you that Ferrari won’t do certain stripes. A buddy of mine just got denied a certain stripe (across the hood from side to side) on his tailor made 812 GTS order, presumably because it looks too much like the Monza stripe or perhaps like an option on the future 812 GTO.

However, if you can get them done from the factory, that is the way to go. Vinyl looks terrible.

8. s4play

s4play Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    My take is just do any strips you like don't copy the OEM ones. I had custom ones made for my Huracan and now considering doing something unique for the 458 Spyder....

There are plenty of reputable vinyl shops that can do the work. Not sure where you are located but if in CA there are quite a few.

This was my last Huracan with the custom stripes, loved how it turned out!

[​IMG]

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    This is not entirely true. If you do a TM car, Ferrari will put all kinds of stripes on them. Once production of a model has finished, nothing is sacred. Want Scud stripes on your F8? No prob. Speciale stripe on your Lusso? Have at it. It's only prohibited for current models.
    So the whole idea about certain stripes only belonging on certain cars. Lol, yeah right.

10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You've been spending too much time in Lambo-land. Spiders are Ferraris and Spyders are for the farm tractors.

11. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Just know that Gloss vinyl has a ton of orange peel, and will stick out against the paint finish, especially if you choose a wide/fat stripe design.

In pictures they will look like paint, but gloss vinyl looks very distinct from paint in person. Satin vinyl is much better in this regard.

12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I had a stripe on my 488. It was vinyl. It cost me 100 bucks. when I got sick of it, I pulled the stripe off. Who cares... if you want stripes, put stripes. its your car. enjoy it

13. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    Have you ever done a TM car and had certain stripes approved?

14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    No personal TM cars. But I have specced TM cars with other family members and friends, so I have experienced the process a few times.

Pis7a2020 likes this.