Classic Aston Martin V8 Vantage & Volante. | FerrariChat

Classic Aston Martin V8 Vantage & Volante.

Discussion in 'British' started by Longstone Tyres, Mar 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi

tyres for the Classic AM V8 Vantage have been tricky. However Pirelli have made the original 255/60-15 CN12 again. This is the nicest one to drive on.

then In 1987 Aston chose to compromise comfort for grip and fitted 255/50-16 tyres. For a while we have had a Michelin for these cars. The good news is that Pirelli have made a P-Zero so we can offer a choice. Here is the web link.

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/classic-car-tyres/aston-martin/v8-vantage.html

I am expecting the new Pirelli to arrive in a couple of weeks. When I do it will be on that page.

2. Candide

Candide Formula 3

Apr 6, 2017
    Monaco
    Hi,

No Michelin in 16" anymore ?

Thx.

3. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Yes the Michelin is now back in stock.

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/tyres/255-50-16/255-50yr16-michelin-pilot-sport.html

annoyingly the Pirelli is now out of stock again.

Does anyone know what was OE? My guess would be Pirelli

Aston Fitted Pirelli as radial alternatives on the David Brown cars.
    The 6 cylinder DBS fitted 205VR15 Pirelli Cinturato CN72
    The first V8 cars fitted 225/70VR15 Pirelli Cinturato CN12 (not Avon i beleive)
    I think the first Vanatge to fit fatter tyres fitted 255/60VR15 Cinturato CN12 (hopefully back in stock next year)
    Then in 1984 the Vantage fitted Pielli P7 275/55R15
    but i don't know what they fitted for the 16" wheels.

This myth about classic Aston and Avon i find a bit shakey. i think they fitted Avon on the less sporty models, Avon were a bit more of a Rolls Royce tyre.