To laminate or not laminate window sticker | FerrariChat

To laminate or not laminate window sticker

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by CoreyNJ, Mar 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    While stuck at home I was thinking, when I was at the dealer I noticed they laminated the “window stickers” and just rested them on the car.

Well I checked and my F430 sticker will fit in a legal size lamination pouch. So would it be a bad thing to preserve it by laminating the “window sticker” or does that take away from the “value” of having the original one with the car. I was thinking if the dealer does it, then it shouldn’t and having it preserved would be a good thing. Heat laminated is permanent but works the best and I have the pouches and laminator at home.

So what are your thoughts?

Sorry if this seems a stupid question, but many of us are stuck at home with the “stay at home” orders from the government till this Covid thing blows over, so I expect I’ll think of more stupid questions in the days to come.

Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Corey

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

alum04org and paulchua like this.
  2. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    I would recommend making a color copy and laminating that and then preserving the original (not sure what the best way to preserve is....mine is in a plastic sleeve in a binder). That way you have a backup.

Being home and quarantined is giving me time to do stuff I would normally never get to. I kind of like it.

3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Just put it in a plastic sleeve for protection. You can get them easily online or at a office supply store.

EastMemphis and Rifledriver like this.
  4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Here’s mine. Safe and secure. No need to laminate and doesn’t compromise any originality. A future owner would also appreciate it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    ^ This

make a color copy, then have the copy laminated.

Marcel Massini, killer58 and paulchua like this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    perfect suggestion!

7. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Ok. Great idea about the scan and print. I scanned my original at 1200dpi and printed it on my color laser printer then laminated.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Davesvt2000 and AandSC like this.
  8. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    THAT looks great, Corey :)

Keep the photos etc coming!

9. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Frame the original and keep it a safe place. Make a few hi-res color copies and do whatever you wish with them.

10. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Sorry guys but "window sticker" doesn't exist in Europe, so what is it exactly ?
    I mean which information or "stuff" is on (or only) on it ? An original bill from original dealer of the car should be have same information ? No ?

11. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    The "Monroney sticker" or window sticker is a label required in the United States to be displayed in all new automobiles. It includes certain official information about the car (such as suggested retail price, gas mileage, etc.), plus details of that particular vehicle (such as VIN, interior/exterior color, standard equipment, and optional equipment fitted to that specific car). The window sticker was named after Senator Monroney of Oklahoma, who sponsored the legislation that created the requirement.

12. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Thank to you Ira