Entertainment Screen Gone Blank | FerrariChat

Entertainment Screen Gone Blank

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by mguthrie, Mar 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    My 2015 California T has been rock solid reliable. However, sometime in the last couple of weeks my battery tender was inadvertently unplugged from the wall while still attached to the vehicle. I did not discover this until I sought to start the car and the engine refused to turn over. Lights came on but the battery appeared to be too weak. I replugged the battery tender in and let it charge overnight. The car started up promptly and idled normally. I let it go through the start-up procedure for a couple of minutes. Took it for a spin and it drives normally.

All appears to be OK except that my entertainment screen is now blank but lit. The radio works but not the backup or forward camera. I see a warning legend that says something like "reprogramming required."

I would like to avoid taking it in to the dealer. Any suggestions?

Mike G.

2. Andrew Pour

Andrew Pour Karting

Oct 7, 2019
    Turn off the car, exit the car, close the door and lock the car for 5 or 10 seconds then unlock and start the car. Does the problem persist?

3. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    Happened to me a few times. If it doesn't come back after keeping the power pressed for 10-20 secs, perhaps you should drive the car a few hours more. Then after switch off on the car, it comes back.

4. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    I tried both of those options and neither has worked thus far. My next effort will be to disconnect the battery for a minute or so and then
    reconnect it. That has worked in the past when I had a dark screen. Have not had a lit screen before. Thx for the suggestions.

5. Andrew Pour

Andrew Pour Karting

Oct 7, 2019
    If you disconnect the battery, do not forget to turn your key into position 2 for 1 minute once the battery is reconnected. Make sure this is done prior to starting the car.

6. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Disconnected the battery, waited 5 mins. Reconnected the battery. Locked the doors. Unlocked the doors. Turned key to the II position for 30 seconds. Started car. No warning message but info screen is still white. Radio works and it appears functional otherwise except no backup or front cameras. Car still runs just fine. Will call my service rep at Ferrari of Palm Beach for advice.

7. Andrew Pour

Andrew Pour Karting

Oct 7, 2019
    Hopefully there is a simple fix to it. Please keep us updated.

8. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    I had an appt to take it in the dealer this morning but thought better of breaking my shelter in place commitment. I will wait. This virus thing has shaken me up I shamelessly admit.

9. mmoharter

mmoharter Rookie

Aug 6, 2017
    Fort Myers, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    Don’t feel bad, it’s the right thing to do. I just rescheduled my annual maintenance Fort Lauderdale Ferrari. That being said, It was 93 today here on the gulf coast. Tonight I took the T out to stretch its legs. On a ten mile stretch of Estero Blvd through Fort Myers Beach we saw only 20 cars and a few walkers. Like a ghost town. Crazy...