PArts direct from ferrari | FerrariChat

PArts direct from ferrari

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Alexcle, Mar 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    Hello all. MY dealer Has placed an order for an alternator upgrade kit from factory covered under the power warranty yesterday and i am wondering if parts are still being supplied with factory shutdown.

2. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    The entire country is shut down.

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

That is not a fully accurate statement of the situation, with specific regard to Ferrari. Although Ferrari vehicle production lines are indeed shut, parts distribution continued throughout the week without disruption.

Could that change tomorrow? Yes. Could that change in the next 23 seconds? Yes.

4. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D

Thank you for some clarity. that’s seemed to be what the service advisor alluded to. Btw- what is typical and current circumstance’s eta on a part ordered stateside to come from Italy?

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I'd suggest speaking to your local dealer about it. It very much depends on the way your dealer ordered the part (urgent vs. stock order for example), whether the part physically exists in Italy or needs to be manufactured, and also whether the item has any special shipping considerations (air bags, fuel pumps, pressurized cylinders, etc). Supa-dupa fast stuff can arrive as quickly as a few days; sloe-joe stuff could take 60+ days.

6. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D

7. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    All an Update.

My dealer ordered the parts thursday for the version 2 six ribbed alternator upgrade kit for my F12. I just received the call 2 working days afterwards that the part came in fast from italy and it is installed ready to be picked-up/transported.

WOW, talk about service... and with the logistics constraints of the shutdown in Italy. I was starting to get worried and depressed that the car would be in the shop for unknown period losing spring to summer...

Thank you Cauley Ferrari for picking up the car quickly next day and making this whole power alternator failure only a 1- week ordeal only. Lightning fast in my book especially since I have to transport out of state.

tfazio likes this.