812 GTS Allocation | Page 12 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    The 812 has a violent amount of power, but also feels super solid/stable. The 488 has incredible handling and acceleration (and gorgeous lines), but feels almost too light. I drove an F-8 demo and like it more than the 488. Maybe will finalize an order for the Spider this week.

PS - Am staying in lockdown but NOT worried about Covid-19 long term - Refuse to let it derail my love affair with Ferrari.

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Yes, the world is full of troubling news. But, thats why we come here. One day we will be through this crisis. The crisis and the other side will present their challenges, but our shared passion for Ferrari will remain.

635CSI, karajank, tfazio and 10 others like this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I just put my deposit in this week but no allocation as of yet. They do feel that I will get one soon when things open back up, they also are planning for some cancellations.

4. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I got a deposit in as well for a GTS before all this crap started. Of course not showing on MyFerrari and dealer said 2021. The dealer also said it will have a 3 year run so I am not worried.

5. kansas488

kansas488 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2014
    Kansas
    Had an allocation for an 812 GTS but just withdrew my name (and waiting for my deposit to be returned). I bought a used Pista Spider instead. Love the idea of the 812 GTS but since I just had my 812 SF delivered, it didn't feel different enough. I went for the contrast of NA V12 and Turbo V8. What I am most sad about is I was going to go with Rosso F1 2007 for the GTS. Someday! And no doubt I will regret my decision once I see one in the flesh, but that is how it always goes!

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Probably a good move - best of both worlds.

7. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Just had my F8 build get confirmed by my dealer and MyFerrari for September. The 812 GTS build would be afterwards. Curious, how the factory would confirm builds to production when facilities are presently locked down. Also curious, this is unfolding just the way the GM depicted. I know, won’t count all my eggs in the basket until I see the lights stare in front of me.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    With a 3 to who knows what months shut down, there are going to need to be cancelled orders or reduced volumes on future models for the 812 platform as the production cycle is limited by legislation. So something will need to be lost, 812 coupe, GTS or the rumoured VS. Same with Pista and Tributo . Production line changes are normally planned for August as the big shut down, but even that may not be possible if the tooling etc is not going to be available. . Volumes and orders are obviously lost out of the plans. As for everyone around the world, pulling it back together again is going to be complex and hard decisions will need to be made. I cannot believe any dealer should give build slots when the factory is shut, it is impossible . They are talking nonsense.

9. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
  10. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Closed through the end of May

11. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    The fact is that nobody knows when they will reopen as it will be decided by the government once the contagion is diminished and under some sort of control.

12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Justin, even after the peak of the pandemic will be over in Italy is going to take a long time for life and industrial activity to return to some kind of "normality" in Europe. Even if the Italian government grants Ferrari some kind of special permission to restart the factories, I presume the problem will be the supply chain of parts because that was one of the main reasons why Ferrari couldn't carry on with its production.
    Ferrari produced 10,131 cars in 2019 and this was a 9,5% increase from 2018. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2019 number drops by 40% in 2020. I'm afraid for many years we won't have to worry about Ferrari loosing its exclusivity.

mkultra, PTG1, LMH and 1 other person like this.
  13. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Hi Mario. I agree and many parts are made in other badly affected countries too inside and outside of Europe.

What will be interesting is whether Ferrari and other car manufacturers are given some sort of extension to meet the new more stringent EU emissions regulations. Surely they must be given some sort of help?

Bundy likes this.
  14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Justin, a couple of weeks ago BMW's CEO already declared that the draconian emission legislation should be softened to accommodate the current situation of the industry. With car sales dropping drastically in Europe and everywhere because of the pandemic, the motorcar industry will be one of the most affected. After the virus is controlled the time won't be for green fundamentalist politicians declarations about the end of the ICE by 2030-2035. I believe many things will have to be rethought and will change because the absolute priorities will be to save companies and jobs.

Caeruleus11, day355, KenU and 3 others like this.
  15. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    ^ This.

Bundy and MDEL like this.
  16. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    What do you think the chances are of getting a discount off purchase price or free options, given the current climate?

I have a GTS which was supposed to be a July 2020 build. While I can still afford it, it seems like a lot more money when your other assets are significantly marked down...

I’m not too embarrassed to ask the dealer... think I’ll have any luck?

I would offer to finance the car with Ferrari as a quid pro quo...

17. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    You do realize that strategy will require your dealer to decrease their profit margin.

If the 812GTS demand is as high as presumed, your dealer might not like that strategy and simply not accept your request.

It will not be the Ferrari factory taking the discount, just your dealer...

And if you finance with the dealer, they will receive a small amount (probably less than $2000USD) from the lender depending on how they work the interest rate (for retail or lease "money factor").

18. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Yes, I paid attention in economics so understand that lowering the price results in a lower profit margin...

And i don’t think the fact it’s the dealer rather than the factory makes that much difference... the dealer has a business to run too. He will be thinking about whether the GTS is sold out for him (it was... but how many will cancel...?) plus the value of keeping me happy and thus a long term buyer

btw I got £5k discount off my Portofino from the dealer because I asked. Reason was it was delayed due to paint issues with the launch colour

19. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Only £5k off a Portofino.......

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The dealer will not discount a new car, if you have a trade there are more likely to over allow on that and show an MSRP sale.

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

Doesn't hurt to ask but probably unlikely.

LMH likes this.
  22. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I've gotten a ferrari dealer to discount a brand new never titled portafino $30k+ and over allow for a trade in. I think they'd do it on a car sitting in the showroom, don't know about on an order...I think I'm going to cancel my gts allocation and possibly pick up a nice spec 812 instead

LMH and F2003-GA like this.
  23. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Discount is possible, however it will depend on a few things: If it is a for example GTC4Lusso then one might be able to get 20.000 Euro off the list price. If it is a new car that the car companie already has on the floor, maybe even more so (as carz80am mentions above). So yes a few models can be discounted, however the more "popular" ones maybe not. That was at least the position before Corona - now in the virus time age, I simply do not know - we will have to wait and see.

24. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Wishful thinking with the EU. More of a chance IMO that the decision to get more people back to work would be to invest full steam in green new jobs. Kills two birds with one stone. The US will be the opposite. Hang onto your NA V12 Ferrari.

MDEL likes this.