VEGAS TOWER CLOSED | FerrariChat

VEGAS TOWER CLOSED

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by FERRARI-TECH, Mar 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    Las Vegas tower closed because a controller tested positive for covid-19...
    Pretty interesting listening to airliners self announcing both air and ground (https://www.liveatc.net ) at a class B airport .
    Although traffic seems greatly reduced and I'm sure LA center is being careful with spacing, still a lot of extra concern for the crews I'm sure.
    I'm curious as i fly in there quite a bit in the Saratoga and I always get 01/19 when coming from LA, it seems everything is landing 26 ( normally mixed both directions) would center vector me on to the same or leave me to the 01/19 . Nothing seems to be or departing 01/19..
    Great audio eitherway

2. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    26L is the normal arrival runway for the 121 guys. We rarely use 1/19 (winds or increasing the arrival rate). They'd probably still give you a 1L arrival if there’s spacing because you're speed wouldn’t be comparable with the 26L traffic. With no tower they can’t clear someone for the approach until the previous aircraft cancels IFR. What a mess....

3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Sounds like they are back

4. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Midway in Chicago was just reopened today after closing last week (last Tuesday), causing a number of cancellations despite traffic being passed to an alternate FAA location outside the city.

I suspect we'll see this happen a few more times