COVID 19 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

COVID 19

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by LMH, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. someguy

someguy Rookie

Nov 3, 2012
    Fair enough, as long as you're being slow and methodical and always have a good reserve it sounds good.

2. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I wanted to ask you fellows to give your opinion , about whats going on, and how long would you say , at least in the USA, will it take for the citizens to start going back to business as usual ? . The powers that be keep saying the after the 15 day period, they will know the answer to that question. With that being said, I cannot believe that this is happening in my / our lifetime .Its been a while since I had my 328 out for a drive, just when I was starting to get excited about going for a drive.

3. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This.

Veloce12 likes this.
  4. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

I believe the biggest issue to knowing how bad this thing really is, what is needed to get it under control and how long it will take to get under control is because of the "powers that be" PERIOD

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

JP365 and ginoBBi512 like this.
  5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    This is only about the 50th thread on here discussing the various aspects of this. :cool:

6. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Sorry fellows, I didnt realize that there were posts already regarding this .

Thank you

7. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Most of them are in the subscribed sections, but not all. If you're seriously interested in something to do while in quarantine, they provide lots of material and will occupy your time, and worth the price of subscription as entertainment too ;). If you're only casually interested, there are threads in the Travel section (particularly in regard to Italy), the F1 section (started as to impact on race schedule but developed into a general discussion), and a few of the model forums (relating to delays in production).

BOKE, Red 27 and ginoBBi512 like this.
  8. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I’m not aware of any state that has banned going out of the house all together. How many people do you need in the car w you to go for a drive?

9. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    While not explicitly stated, you will be stopped and questioned if the police think you are just joy riding in Illinois. Stopping motorists is NOT their main focus, but state and local governments in Illinois have made it very clear they only want people to leave their homes for essential service (health, food, etc).

10. unreelviper

unreelviper Karting

Jan 9, 2014
    DMV
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I guess that I didn't violate any rules today. I took the F430 out for a spin. I didn't have anyone in the car and I didn't stop anywhere so I guess I had a blast today without affecting anybody's health. I can now sleep comfortable after having a blast today in the Ferrari. It's funny how truly therapeutic this car truly is.

LARRYH and EastMemphis like this.
  11. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I need to run from MN to Fl to go get my 348 I left there over christmas. Am I going to get stopped every 45 minutes trying to get through ILL? ;)

12. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Harvey Weinstein (American producer and convicted sex offender) has tested positive for coronavirus while in prison!

Way2fast likes this.
  13. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Well there are environmental people here in Sweden that connects this virus with the global environmental change. The Corona virus did not get created by the change in the environment, the globalization though did help in spreading it - but anyone trying to blame the environment for this virus....

maxemus likes this.
  14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Unfortunately the virus worldwide economic destruction is now a fact. Europe is a continent almost stopped living in an economy of war with borders between country's closed and people confined at home. The US is going the same direction because confining people to their homes and imposing social restrain is a must in the fight against this epidemic. Once the pandemic is controlled the dangers of infection will still be present everywhere and the world globalization won't be as it is now. It will certainly take a long time for most country's economies to go back to what they were before the arrival of the virus and probably many of us will have to live with less what isn't necessarily a bad thing if we gain quality of life.
    The automobile industry is one of the sectors that will be hardly hit and Ferrari won't be an exception. The future impact on Ferrari I believe will be more in the total number of cars produced, less than what was planned , and also in the launching of new models that could be postponed for sometime. Everyone who thought Ferrari was already producing too many cars and loosing its exclusivity, now will have one thing less to worry about. European green fundamentalist politicians that tried to ban cars with an ICE by 2030-2035 now future worries will be to control of the virus and the avoidance of a wartime level of unemployment. It's possible that draconian existing emissions legislation could be softened, at least in Europe, and should this be done will be he best assurance we have that aspirated V12 Ferraris will continue coming out of Maranello's plant.

FFantastic, day355, Bundy and 3 others like this.
  15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Everyone needs to take a deep breath.

While there are challenges ahead we shall all overcome, and a lot sooner than the screaming Chicken Little's believe.
    Mark my words here and now.

People die.
    People have always died.
    People will continue to die every single day until there are: 1) no people 2) the planet is destroyed by an asteroid or the sun.
    Once the exponential growth phase is controlled in a few weeks there will still people getting this virus and dying in hospitals around the world, as they always have done with a hundred different medical issues that affect humanity; and healthy people will have to continue on with their lives and business.

The infrastructure of US economy is intact, we will return to work, stronger and better than before.
    Europe...well...a different mess of over-regulation and bureaucrats will hamper growth a lot longer.

All in my opinion only of course.

Drson likes this.
  16. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Doubtful, especially with FL or MN plates. But all kidding aside, Illinois is doing a fairly good job trying to get ahead of the virus and flattening the growth curve by encouraging people to stay home. I voted against Rauner more than for Pritzker, but so far I think Pritzker’s responding appropriately. As for the economy, there are no atheists in a pandemic.

17. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    You re speaking as you re not personnaly concern by disease and death...

DGPF likes this.
  18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I am speaking as a rationally-minded person who has spent a successful career knowing how to coalesce disparate information and triage what is important, and then develop rational action plans.

BOKE, johnr265, uhn2000 and 3 others like this.
  19. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #170 day355, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Virus don t care about successful cateer...You re totally " out " with such arguments. If you was here, and seeing 800 passed away in a day , in a country smaller than 1 US states, you ll probably think differently !
    Do you really think we re stupid guys ?
    Could the luck be with you !

DGPF and Elasto like this.
  20. Elasto

Elasto Karting

Aug 27, 2014
    Vienna, AUSTRIA
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Joke of the day ....

DGPF likes this.
  21. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    Facts are never out, facts are reality, no one thinks that you are stupid but the following isn‘t stupid as well.

The standard average death rate in Italy in the past 70 years was around 1,07% of the population per year.

With an Italian population of 60 million people more than 600k pass away every year under normal circumstances that is around 1700 people pass away EVERY DAY!

If the average death rate in Italy during these weeks is still around 1700 per day 600 of them died WITH corona virus.
    If the average death rate in Italy during these weeks is around 2300 per day 600 died BECAUSE OF corona virus.

We will know that in a few weeks.

It‘s hard to talk about peoples life with statistics but in this situation it’s the right thing.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Bundy and wrs like this.
  22. Elasto

Elasto Karting

Aug 27, 2014
    Vienna, AUSTRIA
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #173 Elasto, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Let's see what the stats say next year

DGPF and Dubaicity like this.
  23. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I agree with the above statistical analysis. But I think this is beyond statistics. I think this goes to the psyche of a nation. And from that stand point, this has been disastrous for Italy. We all love Italy and the Italian people. The Italians have a real passion for life, and they show us how to live with passion. Having been many times to Italia, I am always moved. Sorry to be a little cliche or corny, but I can feel the connection! Unfortunately, this very strength of the Italian people is now a problem for fighting this terrible virus. People are being forced apart, especially family members, and unlike the natural death rate, people are seeing the deceased being transported. So I think its very different psychologically from more normal times even if the mortality rate were to tick higher.

For all our brothers and sisters living in Italia, we want you to know we stand with you! Forza Italia! Forza Ferrari!

24. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I am a joke?
    I am a Harvard and Yale trained cancer Doctor.
    I have literally helped thousands of my brave patients battle against death daily, year in and year out, year in and year out...................year in and year out.
    The most heroic people you could ever imagine spending time with; smiling in the face of death daily.
    I have walked with death daily.
    I buried my parents when still young.
    Don’t tell me I am a joke when I tell you we all will prevail over this....we will.
    Now stop sucking your thumb and get busy getting ready to live.
    I’m out of this thread.

Drson, 308 milano, Cigarzman and 15 others like this.