Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 160 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    The downshifts sounded pretty good!

ChrisDiRe likes this.
  2. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I thought so too!

3. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    unfortunately the mic in that video is on the outside of the car near the exhaust. The sound is not so exciting below 5k in the cabin. .it has a bit of a weak short crackle when downshifting to coast/brake, which is welcome. Th response to driver input more than makes up for the turbo nature of the beast. Gorgeous car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Senna1994, mdrums, SAT4RE and 7 others like this.
  4. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Thank you for posting last file size image :)

TSOYBELIS likes this.
  5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Best looking Ferrari since the 355.

Ash Patel and Drson like this.
  7. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    of2worlds, stavura, mdrums and 3 others like this.
  8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Please post a review of the driving experience when you can. Your spec is great.

9. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    It does sound rather nice in this video.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The beauty of the F8 is intoxicating. And it looks equally ravishing in virtually every color hue.

jim g and Drson like this.
  11. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
  12. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    Ok. Viewer alert to those waiting for their F8. It seems the exhaust sound has been tweaked to sound”good” for about 30 -40 seconds when you start cold before it gets to its quiet idle mode. Your first task is to warm up the ceramic brakes. It is frightening ineffective/dangerous cold, even at moderate speeds. The paddle shifter is fixed and is is too short at the bottom... youre trying to feel for it as you turn the wheel and its not “there”. The sound below 5k is ok but not too exciting. Its really coming from the left ear( hot tube), a rumble when cruising. Sudden throttle, gives a nice whoose before the engine whines up the rpm. The torque seems to have no end, pushes you back on your racing seats. Prob should have got the narrower seat for a snug fit. Seat lifter a must for fine tuning position. Should have gotten the normal stiching , mine a bit thick for my taste. Did not specify the red ring on the air ducts, looks better with out em. Suspension is quite comfy despite my Sport Cup 2 tires. Havent tried other driving modes so far. The lexan shows stress at the edge shown in the pic. Prob from heat during manufacturing. Ok driving for 30 minutes over. Everyone will love the F8 but you have to learn to listen.

Attached Files:

of2worlds, Coincid and Ash Patel like this.
  13. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA

mdrums likes this.
  14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thank you! Nice to hear the car has done annoyances aka personality.

15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Thanks for the review :)
    Regarding the paddles, do you have the optional carbon ones? they are now longer than the (definitely too short) standard ones, I wonder whether the carbon paddles are still too short.

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3997 Shadowfax, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Stock paddles are ridiculous - borderline useless. Having cars with column mounted and steering wheel mounted I can honestly say column shift is inferior even with long paddles but at least the long paddles make it somewhat tolerable....well kinda. I've never found myself reaching for wheel mounted paddles on a GT car but do quite regularly in Pista with the column mount. What I find most annoying is knowing that the need is bound to arise to where you must to take your hand off the wheel at time when you least want to in hope of fishing for the end section of the paddle which even then requires split second eyesight to be 100% sure of the shift. Ferrari really needs to get with the program and stop the quirky BS which others have walked away from now. Short paddles are just a straight up pisstake. Nonsense. Optional long paddles ...what a joke....bit like the MI and nav. Functional but very clumsy and annoying to operate especially on the fly. You may put up with it if you didn't know any better.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Had no issues with the carbon paddles nor any issues with the brakes when cold. The sound is louder upon turn on, then valves close untl 3500 RPM at which point they open again. Dealer can have the valves continuously open with no impact on engine performance.

18. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Jcmd likes this.
  19. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    the answer is yes , the carbon fiber paddle shown here is still short.

Image Unavailable, Please Login