355 - Key and Black remote FOB alternatives? | FerrariChat

355 Key and Black remote FOB alternatives?

Discussion in '348/355' started by jeffdavison, Mar 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Other than the $1300 a dealer wants? I lost one set of my key and remote FOB. Luckily I have a spare key and black FOB AND the Red FOB with the pin code. I wanted to buy a key and FOB to replace my lost one, but thought the dealer price was very silly. Is there an aftermarket FOB that is a rplacement that can be programmed like the original and does anyone know where I can get a key blank and have it cut?
    THANKS

2. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    #2 308 GTB, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    Jeffrey,

Contact Mark (gobble) on this forum. He can help you with a programmed replacement fob

Ricambi America sells a key blank which can be easily cut by a locksmith.

Barry

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I see Ricambi are no longer selling those nice key blanks with the silver cavallinos on them. However, they are selling no-name blanks which can be cut by your local locksmith.

4. judd10

judd10 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 30, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I have a blank metal Ilco 355 key that you can have for free. Just pm me your address and promise to pay it forward to someone else. I also have a blank Silca and OEM key, but wasn't planning on selling those (make me an offer if interested). Judd

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Qavion likes this.
  5. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Thanks guys.... got a hold of Mark. I just found an uncut carbon fiber key blank I got 10 years ago from a Japanese supplier. Guess now is as good a time as any to have it cut.

6. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    What are you asking for the OEM spare key?

7. judd10

judd10 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 30, 2006
    Seattle, WA
  8. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    Mark helped me out a while back by retrieving the code from my Fob. Great service to the community!

308 GTB and jeffdavison like this.
  9. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I do have cheap plastic headed keys if anyone needs them. The alternatives seem to be a very expensive key from the dealer, a nice Enzo style key from Bisel, or a cheap steel key from any locksmith. I had Silca in Italy do a run of 1,000 plastic headed keys that are a cheap spare but a nice step up from just a steel key. They look like the middle one above.

308 GTB and WATSON like this.
  10. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    The other thing too is Reprokeys was selling a reproduction that looked exactly like the 355 original, but I believe Ferrari shut him down. I know where you can probably still get them if anyone needs one.

Qavion likes this.
  11. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    I hope you're not teasing. I want one and you plan on coming this way? Might as well get a set of FOB. Don't need but spare set is good.

12. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I still trade messages with the guy occasionally and I think he has some left. I believe he was selling them for $175. If you're interested I can shoot him a message.

Plan on coming what way? I'm not sure I understand that part.

13. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    I meant coming this way the Los Angeles area. And yea if he can message me and send pics of the key.

14. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Just got a kick in the teeth from Eurospares.... going to give them a chance to fix things. I had ordered an OEM key last week with International FedEx for $450+ I had given them my address in North Port Florida and verified in the invoice and payment. They sent it to someone who signed for it (god knows who) in New Orleans Louisiana! I fear they will not be able to retrieve it. Just a bit ticked off while waiting to hear back from them for resolution.

15. S-T48

S-T48 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    Stevenson Ranch, CA
  16. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    S-T48 likes this.