488 - Footwells | FerrariChat

488 Footwells

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ScottS, Mar 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    #1 ScottS, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Just doing some deep cleaning on my 488 while waiting for my time to go back to the hospital. In my previous F cars there was a clear blue plastic cover over the metallic plastic pieces in the drivers foot wheel on either side. In the 488 appears tan with writing although I can’t catch an edge to the plastic. I’ll post a picture after. Is this a cover that I could take off? Can others post a picture of their footwells?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    My 2019 488 GTB still has the white/blue plastic. I'll eventually get around to pulling it off.

Attached Files:

3. docster

docster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2004
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    David
    My pre-owned 2018 488GTB still had these same white/blue plastic coverings when I purchased it in February 2019. They were somewhat difficult to peel off, but with a fair amount of cursing I was eventually able to do it... :)

jdlegg likes this.
  4. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
  5. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    2015 Speciale and I’ve left mine on! Gives me that little feeling of ‘new’ whenever I notice it

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ScottS likes this.
  6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
  7. DoubleD33

DoubleD33 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2012
    Pasadena, CA / Oahu, HI
    Full Name:
    Dan D
    When sheet metal(in this case polished stainless) is ordered with a finish on it such as a polish, paint, or a brushed grain the sheet comes with a plastic cover on it to protect it. It usually stays on through out the manufacturing process to avoid scuff s and scrapes.

If you leave it on there it will eventually get hard to remove, and the glue will stick to the metal and not the plastic. By hard to remove it will tear and come off in very small pieces. You will then have a mess to deal with, and probably scratch the metal up trying to get it off.

I recommend pulling it off and applying a clear PPF film if you want something over it.

small scratches will polish out with compound and a polisher.

jdlegg likes this.