Anyone have a CF cup holder in their 360 or 430? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone have a CF cup holder in their 360 or 430?

Discussion in '360/430' started by CoreyNJ, Mar 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ditpixs

ditpixs Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2019
    Nor Cal - Tracy
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I'm in as well if you can make it happen!

2. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    We offer the cup holder insert as noted in the start of the thread. Currently were are sold out with 8 on backorder and 25 in production. Can always produce more to meet demand. If interested in waiting about 20 or so days to complete this run we would offer them at $95.00 plus shipping to fchat members. in the US we can do $6.00 shipping at a First Class rate.

CraigJ and Grande Fiume like this.
  3. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Responding to the needs of a a very good local client we designed and manufactured the first CF cup holders for Ferrari's about a decade ago. He was so pleased with it that we sold several hundred of them over the years and recently discontinued production at the beginning of 2020. We stopped making these because our tooling had reached the end of its life and needed replacing. Balancing the cost of new tooling with the rise of availability of copies of our design meant we decided to withdraw from the cup holder market.

As an aside, choose to think what you would like about our use of the term 'copy' however we have acquired at least one of each of the other available options. Unsurprisingly they all are IDENTICAL to ours including many non functional details and dimensions. We can understand that there are space restrictions limiting what can be done but when a part is the same to the fraction of an inch even where it does not matter then you can be pretty sure you are dealing with a ripoff of your design.

The photos below will show that the cup holder was designed to fit standard bottles, cans, and even Starbucks cups. Even if the other guys did zero research and engineering (as we know they have) you can be sure that their cup holder will fit most of your beverage needs.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Grande Fiume likes this.
  4. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Certainly in no rush as we might get snow here in New England on Monday, so I'm game for that if the other route falls through (can't go back on my word)

ditpixs likes this.
  5. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Is it hard to pull out the ashtray and replace? An easy DIY?

Also I have not replace mine yet, as well I don’t smoke, I think the ash tray with the little emblem looks pretty cool

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    In my 360 it took me less than 5 minutes to install. Lift the tray for the ashes and unscrew the ashtray. Unplug the 2 wires from the ashtray, I used electrical tape and taped them off. Probably didn't need to since they had connections and weren't exposed wires. Use the screw from the ashtray and screw in the cupholder.

7. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    I've had the carbonio one in my gated 360 for many years now and I really would be lost without it.
    I don't find it gets in the way of shifting too badly and as I only normally have a bottle in the car on longer, highway journeys anyway it's a non-issue to me.

The bigger issue was the loss of the 12v accessory socket... I ended up extending the cables, purchasing a stand-alone socket and mounting it, well hidden, under the dash on the passenger side where I can plug in my Sat-Nav when needed.

In short, it's a great product and I'd recommend it.

Need4Spd likes this.
  8. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I can make it happen for $120.00 Shipped. However, if people would like to purchase from the other vendor, no hard feelings. Just extending my offer to help out the community!

one4torque and Grande Fiume like this.
  9. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Which socket did you buy? Or just any stand-alone socket will work from Amazon? This is definitely an issue for me, would hate to lose that. Would be great to re-locate my 12V Socket too, that way I can plug my wireless charger in easier without having to run a mile long USB Cable.

10. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    I bought one of these
    https://www.arc-components.com/0-601-11-cigarette-lighter-sized-12v-15a-power-socket-with-bracket.html
    Specifically as the tangs on the sides allow for easy screw / zip tie mounting up behind the dash to keep the thing securely mounted.

11. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Can you PM me when they are available? I would love to take advantage of this deal.

Thanks,
    Corey

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Stupid question... on the 430, the parking brake seems would overlap the cup holder, because it certainly overlaps
    my ashtray. how does a bottle fit??

13. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    On my Spider the parking brake seems to be just to the right of the ashtray.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
  15. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Gotcha Seems at one point over the years, someone must have inadvertently tweaked mine appears that mine is around 1/2 more left than yours Oh well, next time I take in for service, I will see if they can adjust and then order

16. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Anybody still interested?

17. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    PayPal sent. Will post pics when it comes in.

18. NorCalGuy

NorCalGuy Karting

Sep 28, 2018
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    NorCalGuy
    I've had the CF cup holder for about 2 years but still haven't installed it yet. :(

19. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    We have new stock of our carbon fiber cup holders if you anyone is still interested.

David

20. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Mine arrived yesterday... Haven't installed it yet, but it looks great. I also just ordered a 2.5" rubber coaster from Amazon which should fit perfectly in the bottom to protect the screw from any moisture if my water bottle happens to "sweat".

Thanks again David for the great price and product.

Cheers,
    Corey

21. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    I would like one ECG. Sending you a pm.

22. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Hi guys, looking for a cupholder but since the car does not CF anywhere I'd prefer a simple/cheap plastic one if it exists? Any options out there?

23. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    ditto

24. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Had the same issue. Wanted a cup holder but was on the fence about carbon fiber and I really didn't want to add all the carbon accessories. Got the carbon cup holder and it really doesn't stand out like "LOOK AT ME, IM CARBON FIBER" Since then, I have only added a couple carbon accents--dash surround and DIY panel in the cubby at the back of the console to house a 12v plug (you will lose this with the cup holder), dual USB plugs, and a voltage guage. Flappy paddles are also carbon. But it's all understated and not IN YOUR FACE.

The other option is to get the carbon cup holder and rattle can it with semi-gloss black to match the rest of the matte black in the car.

25. tmvatlanta

tmvatlanta Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2017
    Covington GA
    Full Name:
    Tam V.
    Is there another run of the CF cup holder batch?