Looking to buy red F430 spider or 458 | FerrariChat

Looking to buy red F430 spider or 458

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tatry68, Mar 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tatry68

tatry68 Karting

Oct 27, 2013
    Chicago Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I'm helping a family member who is looking for a local private party purchase of his first ferrari. Must be roso corsa with either tan or black interior. His limit is 160k. Would like to purchase by end of March. Thanks!!

absostone likes this.
  2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    If it limit is $160k that would certainly put him in the range for a slightly driven 458 which I, personally, would recommend over the F430. The only caveat would be if they were looking specifically for a 6sp.

Unfortunately I don't know any private party ones in the area for sale but best of luck! I've owned a 458, if you have any questions I'm happy to answer.

deshapiro likes this.
  3. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    A higher mileage 458 or a very clean low mileage F430 should be out there for that price! Enjoy the hunt...its part of the fun!

tatry68 likes this.
  4. tatry68

tatry68 Karting

Oct 27, 2013
    Chicago Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Thanks for the reply Walter. Yes, we are looking for a nice driver, and I know that a stick 430 is out of the price range. If I remember correctly, you had a black 458 right? I had an awesome experience buying my 355 from a private party and that is part of the reason I would prefer to go that route. I hope to meet u in person sometime.

5. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    That's right! Black/black. I ended up selling to another Fchatter, whom I believe still has it. Private party is harder to find as most don't sell directly, however, for myself I try to make sure the car is to a high standard since it's my reputation tied to it. I believe people selling higher end vehicles feel the same way, I also kept all of the records I have which you don't always get through a dealer. Not to mention the beneficial tax savings, which in this case could be $10k+.

Would love to meet up once this all passes! I'm generally at most of the events through Continental, LFSC, BGC, Aston, etc..

tatry68 likes this.