why do people like blacked out rims? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

why do people like blacked out rims?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by colonels, Mar 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
  2. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    from this picture i would say you are admiring the racing aspect of blacked out wheels. nascar and f1 all have black purposeful wheels. this would tie into the carbon fiber interior trim which really doesn't save weight but also makes you feel like a race car driver. there are plenty more examples, the 3 point seat belt harness, f1 foglight, racing stripes, decals, logos...

am i right?

3. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    but can you actually see anything in those wheel arches?o_O

4. Veloce12

Veloce12 Karting

Aug 19, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Brady
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Who's aggressive? This is not aggressive. We're debating and voicing our opinions. Do you want us to be overly courteous and not try to hurt the feelings of owners of black wheels? What's the point in that?
    Don't know about others, but if I'm asked or I partake in a debate, I don't go out of my way to hurt or displease, but I don't care much for pleasing just to be nice and keep things calm. If an owner asks me if I like his black wheels and I don't, I'll tell him. Happened not more than three months ago. He was surprised because everyone had been so impressed and positive. I told him I thought it cheapened the look of the car, that the size looked like it belonged on a chariot, and that it ruined the side profile. A few colourful words was used to underline my stance. It was 21/22 black wheels on a Rosso Berlinetta F12. After he had collected himself, we had a great time. No false pretences or any BS. Just two guys talking cars and having fun with all the formalities out of the way.

Borrow’d Mine and ANOpax like this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Exactly! Black holes in the side of the car. No thanks.

ANOpax and Veloce12 like this.
  7. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Your opinions suck, Black wheels are the best. You just shot sand in my vag.... :p

I like black wheels. Shiny ones at that. We all have our positios/opinions. That makes us individuals. I respect your opinion and I have mine. Why should I (or anyone else) be offended by this???? I like mine, you like yours, it makes the world go round!

Borrow’d Mine and Boomhauer like this.
  8. Sean@TAG

Sean@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 25, 2015
    Boomhauer likes this.
  9. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    Boomhauer likes this.
  10. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
  11. Zlaatan

Zlaatan Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    It's just a personal preference like it usually is when it comes to colors, but one reason why I like them is because they definitely give the car a more aggressive look. They also suit certain colors a lot better IMO, with yellow being the best example.
    I have never understood the argument that you can't see black wheels though, and I'll apologize in advance but it sounds a bit like an 'old man yells at cloud' thing to say to me. Sure they aren't as distinct as silver wheels, but to say that they aren't visible is a huge stretch to put it mildly.

Boomhauer and hagen111 like this.
  12. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Still looks good :)

Pista x 2

The red is mine and the gray is my buddy’s. We took delivery at the same time. It was pretty awesome. FoW did a big event for our delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    that yellow F12 picture posted just above your post is a great example of what i don't like! you cannot see anything in those wheel arches. it looks like it's on cinderblocks with the wheels stolen. when you say aggressive can you explain that further? because if you can't see ANYTHING at all then how can you say it looks aggressive? i mean if it had razor blade spokes or spikes that you could SEE then that looks aggressive. but seeing nothing isn't aggressive at all it's just a lack of visual input. or maybe you think that making a car that looks like it has no wheels move is aggressive... i guess i could see that if i was the road and i was afraid of your chassis scraping the crap out of me.

14. Zlaatan

Zlaatan Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    The picture of that yellow F12 is a great example of a poorly lit picture, nothing more. I wouldn't decide whether I liked something or not based on how it looked like in poorly lit photos online, or from a distance at night, or spinning in a complete blur going down the highway at 80mph etc. The only thing that matters when it comes to the look of a wheel is how they look like in reality when you actually look at them, and no matter what you say I've yet to experience a set of black wheels IRL that were invisible.

Boomhauer likes this.
  15. STR8OUT

STR8OUT Rookie

Dec 25, 2019
    Birdsboro, PA
    Full Name:
    Brian Bulack
    I like them all, its hard to make these cars look ugly. But I'm particular to black wheels but dont mind those that think otherwise. Everyone has their tastes and opinions and I dont mind hearing it... hell guys, look at who many of us are married to, lots of my friends wives I wouldnt touch with a 10ft pole yet they seem to be happy :p

And here for Colonels

16. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    My before and after. I even did glossy black on purpose. On a different color, like a lighter gray or white I would probably have gone gunmetal.

I guess it is always a very personal decision. And I do have other vehicles where I wouldn't go full black. I'm also a big fan of dark gold rims, just don't think that a FF is the right car for that.
    Black matte car and wheels is a different ball game. If it is a Lambo or P1 or something else that looks like a stealth fighter I'm game but an SUV... well, again, personal choices..

Attached Files:

Thecadster likes this.
  17. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    Gah I'm blind!