Who should replace Vettel? | Page 28 | FerrariChat

Who should replace Vettel?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Jul 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who should replace Vettel?

1. Alonso

2. Rosberg

3. Button

4. Barrichello

5. Other (please mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Who should replace Vettel ?

A crash test dummie :p

greg328, fil and DF1 like this.
  2. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Sainz or Ricciardo

375+ and DF1 like this.
  3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    DF1 likes this.
  4. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    No one. Ferrari should fix themselves first.

5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I have no knowledge of F1 driver contracts, but if there are no races are the drivers paid? If there is no F1 this year will Vettel be out of contract and receive zero for 2020?

6. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If 2020 gets canceled, who - based on 2019 performances - would you sit in his seat? Ricciardo? Sainz? Albon?

7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Drivers are paid a fixed retainer, and a fee on a race by race basis, plus eventual bonus depending on result/points scored, etc ....
    If there are no races, I suppose they would only receive the retainer.
    Most teams would be unable to pay their drivers the full amount of the contract, if themselves are receiving nothing from Liberty.

9. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Danny Ric>Sainz

Igor Ound likes this.
  10. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think so, and Ric is a very engaging guy. My question is: how would he handle the unique atmosphere and pressures of racing for SF?

I hadn’t thought much about Albon, but he is young, fast, and seems to be very personable. He might be a great complement to Leclerc (and is younger/cheaper than Ric)

11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Agreed. Just think Ric has the most experience/podiums and past success with RB vs Sainz and Albon with less experience. I think Ric would flourish with Ferrari, he has a magnetic personality that the media love, can handle attention/exposure exceptionally well as shown in the last 2 seasons with Netflix in his face all the time, manages to stay optimistic under the most trying situations and has good racecraft. I also think his ability to perform under pressure is underestimated.

Sainz surprised me last season, very consistent after China and finally podiumed in Brazil. Will be interesting to see how he performs in his sophomore season with McLaren..

Albon did exceptionally well as a mid-season acquisition, very consistent from his debut in the Belgian GP and able to come from the back again in Russia. Would have had 2nd place in Brazil except for bad luck. Embraces his Thai heritage and doesn't seem to wilt as Verstappen's teammate tying Max's qualifying lap at Suzuka and finishing 4th overall.

Borrow’d Mine and william like this.
  12. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Absolutely. Really there doesn't seem to be a bad choice in the bunch. I think you're right about Ric, too. But I also wonder if maybe he wants to be a clear #1 on a team (vs having to continually fight vs Max or vs Charles)

13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It boils down to a matter of taste: is it better to be number 2 in a top team and hope to get some wins, or Number One in an average team that hardly ever gets to the podium?

zygomatic likes this.
  14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #690 F2003-GA, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020

DF1 likes this.
  15. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Ric>Hul>Sai

16. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I support the not so great driver with 4 titles moving back to mid of the grid and another coming to Ferrari and moving forward given the skills he has at beating the driver moving back from the front lol :)

17. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I wonder too

Hulk should be driving for Haas.

zygomatic and Igor Ound like this.
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    What would Hulkenberg bring to Haas ?
    He did 9 seasons of F1, drove for 3 different teams in 179 GPs, and never got a podium.
    His highest postion in the WDC was 7th.

19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    BRUNDLE: SAINZ TO FERRARI A SERIOUS OPTION

https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/03/22/brundle-sainz-to-ferrari-a-serious-option/

McLaren should be worried about losing Carlos Sainz to Ferrari in 2021, says Formula 1 pundit Martin Brundle.

The 25-year-old Spaniard, who shone last year in his first season with McLaren, is out of contract at the end of the 2020 season.
    Asked by the Daily Express if the Woking outfit should be concerned about rumours Ferrari could target him to replace Sebastian Vettel for next season, Brundle answered in the affirmative.
    “Yeah, if he’s out of contract. I’ve always championed Carlos, and to McLaren when they weren’t sure about taking him.
    “I think he’s got his dad’s kind of sporting winning mentality — a double World Rally Champion of course, his dad.”

Asked who else could be in the running for Vettel’s seat, Brundle mentioned Renault’s Daniel Ricciardo, but went on to reveal just how highly he thinks of the Spaniard.
    “I think Sainz was very close [in performance] to [Max] Verstappen when they were at Toro Rosso. It got political. It got dad and lad against each other from both sides of the garage and they went with Verstappen, which I think you would do all day long.
    “But I think Carlos was a really good match for him.”

Sixth in the 2019 driver’s championship with 96 points, Sainz was comfortably the best driver outside the big-three teams, although on his part, he is not letting the hype get to him.
    “Of course it’s nice to hear that people in Italy talk about me and a possible transfer to Ferrari. I only see that as a compliment. But logically, I am mainly focused on McLaren right now,” he said during preseason testing in February.

20. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    If Sainz goes to Ferrari he will be crushed by Leclerc.

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Ferrari would be looking for a steady number 2, not a challenger to Leclerc.
    Sainz could fit the bill in that role.

Flavio_C and zygomatic like this.
  22. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Disagree.

23. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Looking for a racer who has experience: Ricci
    Looking for a races who has a future: Albon

william likes this.
  24. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Ricci has race and winning experience at a top team. Albon does not appear as fast as Sainz but he is certainly on the up. Interesting choice!

william likes this.