430 - First time owner intro - 2005 F430 | FerrariChat

430 First time owner intro - 2005 F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by status:one, Mar 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. status:one

Oct 28, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Chris B.
    Hello. First time Ferrari owner here. Bought the car from a friend here locally in Dallas, TX. The aftermarket wheels were originally Gold, so I had the body shop refinish them in silver before I took delivery. The rest of the aesthetic mods are growing on me, but undecided just yet if I want to put the car back to a more factory look.
    I LOVE the sound of this car with the Topspeed Pro-1 Headers & Titanium Exhaust. I previously owned a Lamborghini LP-560, and I already love the drivability and sound of this car more. The car is a 2005 with 40,400 miles. At first I was hesitant because of the age and mileage, but the previous owner maintained the car very well and felt the purchase price was fair considering the year and mileage... I am very pleased with the deal and excited to enjoy this car on the weekends. Looking forward to searching around on this forum and doing my research to learn more about maintenance, modifications, and mee I'm glad to be here. Today was the first day to go for a drive and got the car washed so I snapped a couple pics.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    View attachment 2909432

2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Congratulations! The modifications are not really my cup of tea but shouldn't be that difficult to return to mostly stock.

Hope you enjoy it and keep piling on the miles!

3. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Congrats!!!

4. MJGinTX

MJGinTX Karting

Mar 30, 2019
    Indianapolis, IN
    Congrats on the purchase. I live in DFW area and also have a 430 - and have loved every minute of it. Hope you enjoy it!

5. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Congrats on your beautiful 430. I bet she sounds great at 7k rpms. I have an 07 gated spider with 46k miles. I ordered it new

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

6. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Don't worry about the many miles, even a Ferrari is built to drive. The modifications seem moderate to me, I like the car, enjoy it!

VAF84 and status:one like this.
  7. status:one

Oct 28, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Chris B.
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    Lovely wheels, enjoy it in good health!

9. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Congrats and welcome. I myself have a 35,000 mile example and it’s still running strong. Make sure to take her out as much as possible. I don’t think the mods are bad at all. Painting that front splitter black i believe will bring a more cohesive design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Congrats! Glad you were able to keep the car here in Texas. Enjoy her, and join the local Ferrari club chapter in DFW, they are very active and you’ll get to meet a lot of great folks with a similar interest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

11. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Congratulation on your recent purchase.!
    The higher mileage may effect the purchase value a little bit but no connection to the longevity of the drivetrain..
    Ferrari is a master at building strong drivetrains...as stated just keep up with maintenance..
    Strange desires to run into the garage to look at your new baby will be considered normal..
    Great car that never gets old..
    Enjoy.!

12. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Welcome, and great car!! I actually think I like most of the mods. ONLY don't love the wing, but otherwise looks pretty bada$$!!!

Enjoy in good health!

Kevin

13. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    congrats!