Sold - Rolex platinum & stainless Yachtmaster 16622 (men’s 40mm) | FerrariChat

Sold Rolex platinum & stainless Yachtmaster 16622 (men’s 40mm)

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by JAM1, Mar 16, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Listing a few watches I’ve either got multiples of (dials/variants) or that I don’t wear anymore.

First up is this 2001 Rolex platinum/stainless Yachtmaster 16622 men’s size 40mm. The watch is original and unpolished from new. It includes the inner/outer boxes and tags. The watch shows light hairline marks, primarily on the polished center links of the bracelet. It keeps time well and has been regularly serviced by a Rolex AD. I’d rate it at 92% condition, and I’m asking $7,500.

A bit of info on the Yacht-Master 16622. In 1999, Rolex introduced a brand new version of the Yacht-Master in a metal combination the brand calls Rolesium. While Rolesor is Rolex’s term for combining gold and steel on a watch, Rolesium is the brand’s name for using platinum and steel together on a watch. The Yacht-Master was the first (and remains the only) Rolex Rolesium model.

On top of the Rolesium Yacht-Master ref. 16622‘s 40mm steel case is a platinum bezel with high polished raised numerals on a sandblasted background. What’s more, the platinum dial also features a sandblasted finish, along with pops of red on the seconds hand and the YACHT-MASTER label. The Oyster bracelet is fashioned from stainless steel but also combines a mix of finishes with high-polished center links flanked by brushed center links. Therefore, while the Rolesium Yacht-Master ref. 16622 is monochromatic due to its use of white metals, there is plenty of textural interest thanks to the range of surface finishes.

References available. PM me to discuss.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4re308, Robech, 3604u and 8 others like this.
  2. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    Just for the record, I love this watch. I have always admired them. If I could justify $7,500 dangling from my wrist I would most certainly buy it. Good luck with the sale Joe.

rmani, JAM1 and GatorFL like this.
  3. Evan430

Evan430 Rookie

Mar 12, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Evan D
    Hi Joe, rather late to the party but did you end up selling the watch? Cheers.

4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Boy I was a dummy for not buying that. Although I wasn't really that into watches then. I really want a yachtmaster.

5. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I fielded some offers but never ended up selling it so you could still have a YM, although price has adjusted with the market. PM to discuss if you’d like…

Yassa and 19633500GT like this.
  6. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Great looking piece

7. DoctorWill

DoctorWill Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2010
    Playa Vista
    Full Name:
    Will
    I have this watch, absolutely love it!

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Same here, I've had it for ~20 years and haven't worn it in at least 15. Not even once.

9. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe