Hamilton exposed to COVID-19 with Idris Elba, now Idris Elba has it... | FerrariChat

Hamilton exposed to COVID-19 with Idris Elba, now Idris Elba has it...

Discussion in 'F1' started by GordonC, Mar 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    At a London event on March 4th, the wife of the Canadian Prime Minister, Sophie Gregoire-Trudeau, was photographed with Idris Elba and Lewis Hamilton (she's far left of photo).

Sophie Trudeau was diagnosed with COVID-19 one week later on her return to Canada. Idris Elba announced this morning that he's diagnosed positive for COVID-19 too! Will Hamilton avoid it?

https://www.largsandmillportnews.com/news/national-news/18309590.idris-elba-says-tested-positive-covid-19/

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Isobel and 375+ like this.
  2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Not good, but they all look a healthy bunch, and I am sure or hope, they will be able to bat it off with relative ease.

It appears this damn virus is going to claim more and more, high profile included, we can only hope as it does, the bastard thing mutates its self into extinction, and the sooner the better

lorenzobandini likes this.
  3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

If not already done, and quietly the entire Mercedes team who was near LH will be tested - should be? Vettel and all other drivers as well if they were very close to him..........

4. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Ah, the disadvantages of fame! I'm sitting here looking out over the Connecticut woodland (wishing I was in Colorado), listening to the hawks squeal, watching spring wake things up and occasionally Skyping with the grandchildren. Except for the odd trip to retrieve more bourbon, I don't run much risk of being infected.

william, SimCity3, furoni and 3 others like this.
  5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    2020 has been a terrible year thus far. I hope this all ends soon and doesn't return in the fall.

kes7u and greg328 like this.
  6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    What an unmitigated f’ing disaster was unleashed upon us all with this virus. Thoroughly upset every single aspect of life.

Having said this, the risk was already well known at this time and instead of social distancing what do these people do? Group hug. Smart.

So now multiple airline workers at Montreal airport who tended to the jet-setting wife of the PM are in quarantine because they were in contact with her.

7. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Bloody tell me about it. The iran/usa war, the fires and flood in australia, kobe bryant, and now this.

8. Kobe Bryant? You rate koby's passing up there with major influences on people's lives??? Egads.......

TurboFreak650 and kes7u like this.
  9. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I'm just saying it's been a year filled with bad news...FWIW, I don't follow basketball.

10. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Hamilton will never get infected with Covid-19.... Even a virus has its pride!! :D

11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Shouldn't Hamilton have self-isolated on the announcement of her positive status ie on the Friday of the Australia weekend ?

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Not sure if true or not but i heard that for some reason, black people are more resistant to the virus, although not imune as we can see. I hope a speedy recovery to Idris (i like him as an actor)
    and everyone else, hope Elton didn't got it, but if he did, he's super fit and still a young guy, so he should be ok.

13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    This has gone too far, hopefully Ham, Ildris and others involved turn out fine

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Given the timeline and that we haven't heard anything I'd assume Hamilton is ok. Would have shown symptoms already in Melbourne.

ktu likes this.
  15. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Unfortunately, Covid-19 carriers can be asymptomatic.

16. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    And that is a worrying factor, I'am about to visit my dad right now and he is high risk heart and asthmatic, I am now thinking twice about it... :(

17. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    There's absolutely no truth in this. Guy who died here was fine for 2 weeks.

18. 1monza

1monza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2005
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Norbert Hofer
    Lewis will self isolate in his Lear jet traveling from party to party. He's in excellent condition, I doubt if he does catch the virus it would effect him much.

william and ktu like this.
  19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I believe he sold it,Challenger 605.

375+ likes this.