Current Financing Rates and Length of Term for 150k+ Loan Amount | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Current Financing Rates and Length of Term for 150k+ Loan Amount

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by moldynotepad, Jun 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    I am in the UK and can’t find a loan below 5.5%. Any advice. I have excellent credit.

Thanks

2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I agree. Be financially prudent. Just from my own experience though, I waited 10 years longer than I needed to. It’s my only regret relating to cars. I wish I would have taken the plunge far sooner. I waited too long in fulfilling my dream and now I am trying to make up for lost time. To each their own, but here is where I seem to be different than OP:

1). I simply cannot relate to the “marginal utility” of my cars diminishing rapidly. Even the car that I have owned the longest, my Huracan Performante fascinates me as much today as it did when I acquired it 28 months ago. The experience is fresh And livevery time I climb behind the wheel. I am filled with wonder every time I perform a cold start, and that sensation lasts until I sadly put the parking brake on.

2). I’m also hyper focused on building assets (own 3 businesses, employ 700 people, etc), but not so that I might worship at the alter of net worth, but that I might enjoy security, partake in unique experiences, have extra flexibility, and, most importantly, buy more cars!! I use to work and build for the sake of accumulating assets, and did so at the detriment of all else. Now, I strike a much better balance, and if my assets are $xM or so less at my passing than they otherwise might have been if not for the nasty car habit, then so be it.

Having said all that, I might well be reading too much into OP’s reflections. It’s just a couple themes presented run counter to my personal sensibilities.

3. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I am paying 5.61% with an 851 credit score... I'll have it paid off in 14 months, so not too much to worry about for me. I'll pay $3k more than I wanted to when all said and done. I can piss that away at the poker table in a bad night.

4. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    HUGE sale on cars coming soon....keep your powder dry.

5. MacDemarco

MacDemarco Rookie

Aug 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mac Demarco
    I'm thinking about financing a 2012-2015 458 but I see some lenders only accept the 72 months or longer loans if its a newer vehicle (2016+), why is that and what can I do about that?

6. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Funny to look back on this comment from a year ago - quite the opposite has happened - the value of most assets has gone up considerably including cars. Who would have thought!

paulchua likes this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #57 paulchua, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    Indeed, prices have GONE UP.

Check this thread now going on 9 years if you want to see more Chicken Littles.

If I listened to these clowns and jokers, I would have almost a decade of my life wishing and dreaming instead of smiling every day when I look at my garage. I didn't lose a cent and got almost 9 years of priceless memories.

The world ends tomorrow - no regrets.

@ttforcefed remember those folks telling everybody to sell now because all Ferrari are worthless?

Goodness gracious, definitely comedians everywhere.

JohnnyTT likes this.