Replacing rotors and pads on a 95 Spyder? | FerrariChat

Replacing rotors and pads on a 95 Spyder?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Sancho22, Mar 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    I assume that replacing the rotors and pads is fairly easy - I used to do it myself on my old Porsche 1990 C2 and 89 944 S2.
    Any specific things to pay attention to?

I am having some trouble though finding parts (rotors and pads) - any recommendation where to get them/ best place or price?

2. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  3. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    thanks John! Do you have any experience with shipping cost from these guys?

On a side note - not sure if this is a Ferrari thing, but it is a bit surprising to me that for example Porsche parts are so much easier to source from a ton of suppliers in the US (well volume of sold P cars does explain it). Also, their websites are so much better organized/have more information in general.

4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Many folks tend to like the Porterfield pars or Hawk pads. Lots of threads on that out here btw with lots of opinions and feedback, some pads work amazing on one car, same pad on another car of same type may squeal etc etc. Lots of reasons for it. The general consensus is the OEM pads are not optimal, so anything may be better. I'll probably get Hawk HPS Performance myself but 85% of my pads OEM are still there.

5. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Replacing the pads and rotors is pretty much like any other car with fixed calipers. Just be careful when you unbolt the calipers to watch for the shims between the caliper and mounting bracket that fall out when the bolts are removed. These center the caliper over the rotor so if they drop out and roll away into the far reaches of your garage never to be seen again you will have to get replacements so try to catch them.

Wade likes this.
  6. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
  7. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    You didn't mention your location (globally), it's not on your profile either. ;)

Regarding tons of support for the P... well, they made tons of P-cars.

Anyway, have you searched the parts sourcing/interchange thread in the Master Sticky? If, not, it's a great place to start.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/348-355-master-sticky-thread-index.455601/

8. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    thanks!
    I just updated my profile (i missed the location part) - I am in NJ.