Is Enzo price begins to surpass LaFerrari price? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Is Enzo price begins to surpass LaFerrari price?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Therry, Mar 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. iohead

iohead Karting

Feb 19, 2013
    A Ferrari parts supplier can source parts not only from an authorized Ferrari dealer, but also directly from Ferrari. Some parts, like the LaFerrari KERS Battery, need pre-authorization from Ferrari's Technical Service department (the so called Servizio Assistenza Tecnica or "SAT" Authorization), presumably to validate which specific VIN the part is for.

In this case, you could just ask a North American Ferrari Dealer to give you a quote for part number 312503. That way, you are comparing apples to apples.

joe sackey likes this.
  2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Differs from the recent post of a respected member regarding OEM purchasing. Think he is a Ferrari service manager in the US but good to know that OEM is not completely cut off. I like to research part numbers and cross-references since I've worked on so many of my cars over the years. I also like to see what parts are common to the various models when owners put forth that their car is very different and thus special (when the lesser model uses the very same parts). Certainly price checking the battery with the dealership gives you the verification as Joe has done for us.

joe sackey likes this.
  3. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Here is a photo I took of the Laferrari battery location, for those curious about the ease of install or lack there of.

Attached Files:

4. iohead

iohead Karting

Feb 19, 2013
    That's the 12V starter battery. Analogous to a typical car battery, this is the easy one. The 480V KERS battery is a lot more work to repalce.

5. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    I'm aware. There was talk of both batteries, I would post the photos of the KERS battery replacement I took, but I was asked not to.

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I'd be curious to know where they are. I couldn't find any in the traditional vehicle sources I look at. Could you PM me with whatever leads you may have? Thanks.

TOOLFAN likes this.
  7. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
  8. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
  9. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Not sure, Joe S or Marcel would know.

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Yes.
    Suggest to consult auction catalog description (RM Sotheby' website).

Marcel Massini

joe sackey and ChipG like this.
  11. DRYHOLE

DRYHOLE Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Dallas + Seaside, Fl
    Full Name:
    Dryhole
    I sat behind a young man that bid $2,525,000. He was the high bidder for quite a while and it was obvious from his mannerisms that he did not have the capability to buy the car. He was finally “saved” by the $2,550,000 bidder which I believe was a phone bidder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
  13. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I assume the $2.55 mm was simply the hammer price, to which an average 10% Buyer's commission would be added, making the all-in price closer to $2.8 mm.

Sincerely.

joe sackey likes this.
  14. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I like the way you think!

I'm up for a group buy - technical session for owners!

Though I'm not sure owners would want to hang around for the entire process.. not exactly quick. For that matter , I'm not sure all owners would even WANT to see their La Ferrari in the state of disassembly required to perform the replacement...

Either way, I'm in!

Steve

15. DRYHOLE

DRYHOLE Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Dallas + Seaside, Fl
    Full Name:
    Dryhole
    Actually 12%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Just for kicks and because I said I would do a group buy, I sent in an inquiry using the part number provided in this thread and confirmed
    MSRP for the KERS battery in the United States is currently ( no pun intended ) $262,550.94 ( stock order pricing )
    I could not find any number that was anywhere near $90k ( Factory cost, warranty cost, Ferrari Premium cost, etc )
    R&R Labor $1,500.00

Joe, you may want to double check with your guy, I'd hate for you to put your name on that price , then when it came time to deliver, you find out that its not that cheap.
    I am interested where your Ferrari guy came up with that number though.

Steve

17. iohead

iohead Karting

Feb 19, 2013
    This is in line with my understanding as well: it's US $250K+ from Ferrari.

18. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #68 joe sackey, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Steve, again, I'm just the messenger sharing exactly what my guy said, I'm not putting my name to anything, that said, his particular Ferrari North America dealership does have access to some parts directly from Maranello, I know this to be so because I've been involved with helping a client I sold an F50 source some rare parts. Based on his longstanding relationship with me, I can confirm that he is a reliable source and he tells me those numbers reflect recent activity, meanwhile I don't need to double-check anything with him as I don't have a client with a problem with his LaFerrari at this time. Everyone should feel free to do their own due-diligence if their La Ferrari requires new batteries.

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    As you said:

"A Ferrari parts supplier can source parts not only from an authorized Ferrari dealer, but also directly from Ferrari. Some parts, like the LaFerrari KERS Battery, need pre-authorization from Ferrari's Technical Service department (the so called Servizio Assistenza Tecnica or "SAT" Authorization), presumably to validate which specific VIN the part is for."

Could it be that my source's numbers are based on this or yet another method of supply? Frankly I don't know and since I'm not in the parts business nor do I have a LaFerrari or a client with a problem with one, I'm not inclined to re-ask him or query his numbers, because he has always been a reliable source and at this point I'm happy for others to debate this one. Meanwhile if indeed my source's numbers are somehow incorrect or now obsolete, and the only pricing available is proven to be $250k at real point of purchase, then, that's what it costs to own a LaFerrari and I suspect the majority of LaFerrari owners might not be too broken up about this.

As I said early in this thread: "buy the Enzo" and avoid all this, in fact this ongoing pricing discussion only serves to underscore my advice.

20. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    If, as posted above, the real number in the US is $260k, that's significantly higher than the $150k in Europe I and others posted here.

Which means Euro vs US battery prices support the opposite of your statement above.

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Actually the OP says he's been told $250k in Europe, so you can see the numbers are all over the place, again, as I said early in this thread: "buy the Enzo" and avoid all this, in fact this still ongoing inconclusive pricing discussion only serves to underscore my advice.

22. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Gotta watch out for those schills, it was prob the owner's son or friend.

AtSomePoint and joe sackey like this.
  23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Good point!

24. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Actually not true. The OP (@Therry) doesn't mention any prices. The first person who speaks of $250k is @SirPouyan who doesn't say he is in Europe. I think you will find with the exception of your $90k number, the others are clustered around the (much higher) range of prices, with @SAFE4NOW giving a detailed picture for North America. They don't appear to be "all over the place" as you say.

25. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Sorry I indeed mistook SirPouyan to be the OP, however he said https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/147082114/ "My dealer told to do it correctly is about $250K to replace battery, I see elsewhere much lower numbers.", then my Ferrari North America service contact says less than $90k + $15k = $105k, then you said https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/147083369/ "£116k + tax (20%) Which works out to be $180k", so, the numbers are all over the place.

As I suggested early in this thread: "buy the Enzo", this inconclusive pricing discussion and any of the varied costs considered within this thread makes that advice look better with each post.