Taken Off Market - 2005 F430 F1 Argento Nurburgring/Bordeaux 25,620 Miles | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 2005 F430 F1 Argento Nurburgring/Bordeaux 25,620 Miles

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by VAF84, Mar 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Well, I've got one foot in and one foot out on selling my 2005 F430; there's still a chance I will take it off market. The reason for selling is that at the moment, with my time commitments, small kids, and project outlook; the car will be just be sitting in my garage in Austin for the next year or two. This will not be my last Ferrari, but as a cost/finance guy I have a hard time spending money on something I only get to see through the webcam installed in my garage for most of the year! In addition, I'll be looking for a 458 in the near future.

I have a pretty well documented history of work on this car in the forum, just search the VIN ZFFEW58A850141776. It's also briefly appeared on some of Normalguysupercar Youtube videos. Both Brian Crall and Josh Hill have seen and worked on the car in Austin, and I'd be happy to have anyone look over it. Some members may have seen it a Austin chapter FCA events. Car drives excellent. The sound is perfect Ferrari with the headers; I get tons of compliments on it. I'm not one to leave problems to the next owner, so I've tried to address any issues that are known; and be preventative on maintenance. I've put all the money into it, you can enjoy it!

Purchased from Luxury Auto Collection - Scottsdale in January of 2019 with 22,610 miles, the first 1,000 miles were driven the same day, since I drove it home. I did not have a PPI performed, but spoke with the shop next door that fixed the fuel pumps about their impressions. Per dealer, clutch at 84%, but Brian Crall estimated 66% probably about 1,000 miles ago.

Positive comments by mechanic (Highline Auto) who worked on the car for Luxury Auto Collection
    - Throw out bearing dry
    - Valve covers dry
    - Fuel Pump addressed - fuel pump assembly replaced, and used carbon to prevent cracking
    - Plenty of brake pad
    - None of the four shocks were dry or blown out

Aftermarket items:

- Prior owner has a K40 radar built in. The rear sensor is missing, but the rest is operational. Comes with remote.
    - Fabspeed headers/manifolds with extended 02 sensors and blankets. Installed by Josh Hill. No CEL lights.
    - Black double stripe seems to have been installed by first owners since it's under the 3m coat that's goes from bumper to windshield.
    - Prior owner had installed Focal P165V15 6.5" 2-way component speakers
    - I installed a Pioneer SPH-10BT Bluetooth headunit. USB works, but haven't been able to get bluetooth working again, not sure if I'll leave it or reinstall the original unit. Can be discussed.

Maintenance and Fixes During My Ownership:

- Oil/Filter change upon purchase (Ricambi parts)
    -Transmission fluid change
    - Spark Plugs (w/ Stock NGK)
    - Air Filters (both)
    - Charcoal Canister
    - F1 Pump
    - Fuel Pump leaks sealed by seller
    - Loose tail lights fixed
    - Side view mirrors painted silver to match car (were black when purchased)
    - windows realigned
    - Replaced one headlight bulb, have spare in the glove
    - Leather conditioned during last light detail and wax

I'll add more if I've missed anything. I may have a video or two on Youtube under VAF84.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 2905194 Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Tifoso, SuaveT, Brocco and 8 others like this.
  2. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    What a lovely color combination. Cheers to a hopeful quick sale of a nicely presented car.

VAF84 likes this.
  3. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Thank you! I think that's the hardest part of selling the car. Having typically sought the traditional red/tan, never thought I'd be hooked on it; but I've come to really love the color combo. I think I've seen one 458 pop up with it, hope there are more when I'm ready to make the move.

4. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    I’m sure there will be. People were much more open to unique options on a 458, and they made a lot more of them. I know a guy local to me with an Argento over Rosso 458 spider. Looks stunning.

VAF84 likes this.
  5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Mods - Can you please remove the price from the title of the post? I just realized that it will be harder to make price adjustments as necessary with that there. Thanks!

6. JRE

JRE Karting

Mar 1, 2020
    So Far Away From Home Lost In Hollywood
    Full Name:
    James
    That's a beautiful color combo...sh*t, now I want one of these too...;)

7. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Priced to sell at $79,000.00

Brocco and JRE like this.
  8. Krnnerdboy

Krnnerdboy Rookie

Nov 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Roy n kwon
    Isnt this salvage pricing?? Makes me want to sell my manual 360 for this

Sent from my SM-N975U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

DOWORKFCAR likes this.
  9. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Yep, at this time it’s probably the lowest priced F430 for what I consider to be a sorted and maintained example. I could ask more if I want to wait, but hence the quick sale price.

In case you were wondering, it has a clean title.

10. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I’d rather this deal go to a fellow Fchatter, but eBay posting is coming up soon. It’s likely to be the lowest priced F430 in the country. I think it is after checking eBay and Autotrader.

11. NYFAIM

NYFAIM Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2015
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Howard R.
    You might consider Bringatrailer as well. Tough time to sell a car - GLWS!

VAF84 likes this.
  12. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

13. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    love the combo, same as my old Testarossa. If I didn't already own a 430, I would be all over it. GLWS

VAF84 likes this.
  14. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

$77,997.00 - Price adjustment to match eBay price.

Mkiii97 and JRE like this.
  15. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    what a great deal:(

VAF84 likes this.
  16. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

You're not kidding. I remember when I was narrowing down the car options a year or two ago, I was struggling to find good 360's at this price. A lot of car for the money, and I imagine there will be a lot of regrets a few months down the line for those who were ready and passed it up. If I was actually home to drive it, I would probably wait for a better time to sell, but I'll only be moving further from the house as the year progresses, making it more difficult to work with potential buyers.

17. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Found some clips that have video of the car:

Also on NormalGuySupercar

min 3:09, 3:16, 5:19-5:34, 5:41, 6:07

and

Light revs min 8:32-8:55

My dad said he'd try to swing by tomorrow and get a video of the car in its current condition so I can post it.

JRE likes this.
  18. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    nice color combo!

as an owner of a very similar car (different colors, but same mileage etc), i can tell you that this is a helluva deal.

my advice to the owner is to put this car on bring a trailer to get a wider audience.

my next bit of advice is not to sell it during a health and economic crisis.
    if at all possible, pull it right now and wait 6 months.

Texas Forever likes this.
  19. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Slap a loan on it and keep it. This is a give
    Its a giveaway price. I agree with you. Don't sell it now.

VAF84 likes this.
  20. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Thanks Ross! Curious as to how BAT would be better than eBay. Doesn't eBay have a wider audience and lower cost? Haig, I'm considering it, but trying to keep my debt ratios low. I was close to putting it up before this whole CV thing, and at the very beginning of it all decided to just make the move. I was trying to beat the banks getting to a point to where they would slow down lending. At this point it's getting apparent that I'm probably too late. Just a great deal for a cash buyer out there who wants to live their dream. Again, the most frustrating part as an owner is not getting to drive or see (enjoy) the car.

For anyone on the fence, this won't be the permanent price, it will return to a more "normal" price over time. If things get much worse, maybe this will be over priced, but if you're optimistic in the long run, this is a steal. In the slightly over a year I've owned it, I've spent nearly $8,000 in maintenance/repairs (Independent Shop $'s), not including some sweat equity, to make sure it's in good running condition. It might not be collector level, but I'd be very confident buying this as a driver's F430, and it's priced accordingly.

On a bright note my dad went by and got me some fresh pics today, and video coming soon to YouTube, once he uploads it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

JRE likes this.
  21. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Here it is, the last piece of info. Video link below. Now I have to stop visiting my ad, otherwise I'll end up buying it from myself! :D

JRE likes this.
  22. texasnoiz

texasnoiz Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2018
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    k s
    This is a clean car for a very low price. I know what you mean about having a car you don’t drive-two small kids here. Got rid of my 997 TT and daily an RS3- needed the 4 doors.

VAF84 likes this.
  23. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    Interested in a 2015 tundra trd pro? Im in cedar park

24. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Hey! Not too far from me. Unfortunately, not interested in trades. Thanks for the inquiry!

psych0hans likes this.
  25. JRE

JRE Karting

Mar 1, 2020
    So Far Away From Home Lost In Hollywood
    Full Name:
    James

Well...it's a nice price for a beautiful car...maybe you should. ;)

GLWTS~

VAF84 likes this.