Corona and the Impact on V12 Ferrari Values - Lusso | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Corona and the Impact on V12 Ferrari Values - Lusso

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by BrntRubber, Mar 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My opinion, FWIW, you made a deal. Stick to it. Unless your circumstances have changed that you must walk.

As to the display, how about you take the car now, drive and enjoy, they will keep trying to get the part. When it comes in, they will install. You can have your cake and eat it too.

That we are discussing this vs the alternatives says we are a fortunate bunch.

2. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I think this is the right thing to do. You made a deal, have to stick to it. Everyone has to take a bit of hassle at the moment, the parts will arrive when Italy recovers from this horrific situation. Take the car now, drive it, enjoy it, when the parts arrive bring it in and have the work done. Or, ask for 10k off and drive away without the display. I have it in my 812, it's a gimmick. When you come to sell your Lusso you will get ironed out irrespective of having it or not, as well all will going forward with our cars. The world has changed for the moment.

chrisf355spider likes this.
  3. bruno787

bruno787 Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    PHILIPPINES
    if you like it buy it now. you are lucky your business remains robust with covid19. i just saw my wraith plan fade away in the past weeks :( agree the passenger display is useless as i have it in my lusso

4. Hex

Hex Karting

May 1, 2009
    I have the display in my 812 and I like it but I don’t think it would make much difference on resale. If you made a deal, try to stick to it. As bruno787 said, you are fortunate to be able to buy it during these times. I just decided not to order the GT4 clubsport I was planning on racing this year because of financial concerns brought about by the pandemic.

5. Ferro458

Ferro458 Karting

May 26, 2014
    There is no question that the global Covid-19 crisis will crush luxury item sales of all kinds. This happened in 2008 also, and this is at least as bad as that. How bad and how long is hard to say, but 2020 is gone and 2021 at best seems like a recovery year.

People don't but expensive toys when they are concerned about more existential issues, most likely.

MDEL likes this.
  6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Some political leaders start already pointing to the coronavirus as a lesson in the perils of globalization and urged companies to produce closer to home. At the same time in Europe some car industry top managers are hinting that the European Union should ease draconian penalties on carmakers that do not meet strict limits on carbon dioxide emissions. Oliver Zipse, the chief executive of BMW, said last week that European governments should put less pressure on automakers to stop selling cars with internal combustion engines.

The inevitable upcoming recession caused by coronavirus will invert Europe’s fundamentalist intention of trying to ban the sale of ICE cars until the end of this decade ? Probably yes because worldwide people are likely to put off or postpone their car purchases over economic uncertainty and this will have very negative consequences to most of the European car brands. Realism often prevails during recessions and the current utopia of electrifying everything in a rush for the sake of the planet and Greta followers could have its days counted. The current low oil prices, practicality, continuous technological efficiency evolution and a lower initial cost, are just some of the advantages of a car with an ICE when compared with any electric vehicle of a similar category.
    A car is the second-most expensive purchase the average person makes in their life behind a house. That’s the reason why it must be a free personal choice and not one that's imposed by a group of pseudo-green bureaucrats.

7. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'd say it's pretty far fetched that Ferrari will penalize you for canceling an order during a global pandemic and stock market crash. You're not the only one and they will need customers after the storm passes too. I see far more downside to buying a new exotic right now than the downside of canceling an order. Take the $350K and look for a good investment opportunity. Cash is king right now and for the foreseeable future.

wrs likes this.
  8. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Not sure about cancelled orders, but I remember Scuds being dirt cheap, so it definitely destroyed the used market for all exotics. Will be different this time though. So much more competition and the market is saturated with inventory from all sorts of brands.

BrntRubber likes this.
  9. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    The big downside of globalization and outsourcing for the cheapest price is it leaves little or no room for redundancy or slack in the system. An unseen virus has now caused practically every major manufacturing business to stop or slow down markedly. Sadly due to the lack of this redundancy they are now stuck for the foreseeable future. Globalization and outsourcing maybe the most efficient but the vulnerability is immense. Manufacturers didn’t just catch a cold- they have viral pneumonia

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MDEL likes this.
  10. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    This is my thinking too. The market is already flooded with more options than ever before.