Some cool new multimedia systems for your old Ferrari. | FerrariChat

Some cool new multimedia systems for your old Ferrari.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by psych0hans, Mar 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. psych0hans

psych0hans Karting

Jan 12, 2020
    Bombay, India
    Hi guys, as I was browsing some audio system upgrades for my imaginary F430, I came across these awesome "floating" multimedia systems, which, for some strange reason, I haven't seen implemented in any Ferrari yet. I think they should work alright with any of the older single din audio systems on the 575/550/430/360/355/... They all seem to be pretty new, so maybe not enough people know about them yet, but I think they would definitely boost the ownership experience, especially, if you like doing longer trips in your prized possession. I have listed the models in decreasing order of expensiveness, with the Alpine system topping out at around $1000, the Pioneer at about $900 and the Sony at a wallet friendly $500... Let me know what you guys think.

UrbanHero likes this.
  2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    #2 Auraraptor, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    So honestly this is one of those theoretical vs practical situations.

Yes, you can theoretically swap it into an early car...but to what end?

Honestly I can count the number of times I used the radio in my old 328 on my fingers...that after ~18 years of owning and many wonderful miles.

With my current 512TR, I had planned on a custom adapted 599 single DIN unit. After my first drive I realized I was never going to turn the radio on..

A best audio system is a quality exhaust.

And may I be so bold to offer an alternative way to channel your enthusiasm. Starting the in the Luca-era Ferrari really started to expand the options available on their cars. Take the time to figure out which factory options, wheels, trims, (and color!) etc are most appealing. The options are vast compared with the late Enzo-era cars.

3. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I’ll second that. The only times I have turned on the radio in either the 328 or the 430 for several years have been when I was at Daytona. They have a radio broadcast of the track PA system. So in wet or cold weather we can sit in the car, grab a sandwich from the cooler, warm up a bit and listen to the race broadcast on the radio. Also, when we are arriving or leaving during the Rolex 24 for instance, we can tune in and hear what’s going on while we line up to get through the tunnel and get to our parking spot.

I don’t need a fancy system with a big screen in order to do that.

4. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for the info, otherwise I wouldn’t have know about it. It’s good to know your options.

UrbanHero and psych0hans like this.