Coronavirus live update | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Coronavirus live update

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    what we say here is that in the US there are much more infected than you think. Here since Monday is like being under a F18 squadron ground attack: everyone is concealed at home or at office, you cannot even go out for a walk (it's tolerate, but you must be alone and not in group, and close to your home). We discussed about that at the phone with an USA Citizen two days ago: he wondered who will pay for hundred thousands of testing equipment or so that will be necessary. He said also that maybe the USA Midwest won't be much interested, but east and west coast are like Italy as population density and he was very concerned about the USA hospital possibility to take care of the big amount of infected there will be. The problem is that the mortality is low if you are hospitalized, and sometimes (10%) in an intensive health care unit: if there aren't available, you will die. Here almost 50% of the infected required to be hospitalized and more or less 10% of the infected required the special intensive unit with oxigen and so on.

Better preparing the hospitals for that: here they are recruiting 2000 + new nurses and doctors and are transforming the standard health care hospital bedroom in intensive health care units.

Good luck to eveybody

ciao

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    WEll, they finally decided to shut down here in Portugal, all schools are closed untill 9th april at least, clubs, discos, closed, football at close doors, no ships can sto here, plenty o flights canceled, restaurants and cafes can only use 1/3 of capacity, etc, etc, too bad they didn't do this 15 days ago!

4. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Lamborghini Factory at Sant'Agata closed up to March 25th.

ciao

5. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Yes frustrating as we've had to reschedule our visit - but closing is the correct thing to do.

6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Then, it is really serious!:)

Rgds

stavura, DF1 and 375+ like this.
  7. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    link?

8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Depends on your age and health, I would think. It's not a gamble I would take...T

9. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    spa closed till april

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Source to the 0.07? I recall seeing 0.5%, but can't recall where either.
    T

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  12. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Why would they stop? Nobody watches that stuff anyway, so no risk for spectators :p

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    By May there will most likely be restrictions on travelers from UK ...go figure

Hope i'm wrong of course

16. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I am very nervous, will we make it out of this? I have a lot more things I want to do in life... this is scary ****!

17. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Spain has the fastest progression rate for the virus since the last three days: it had 3146 officially infected persons at 6 o clock this morning, and already 4209 at 14:00 (2 in the afternoon today); more than a thousand more in eight hours!

Rgds

18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    are you serious?

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That ****ing Alonso, i told you he was poison!

tomc likes this.
  20. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    Just hope everyone else is handling this better than Sweden.
    - Obviously ill people flying in from Italy, coughing like idiots at the rest of the passengers, were allowed to just go home. No quarantine to contain the infection.
    - Some jackass mistranslated the WHO documents and came to the conclusion that children cannot contract covid-19 and cannot spread it (which I suppose would make covid-19 very unique)
    - A head of department stated that the peak was reached last week. The cases have more than doubled since. Said expert also couldn't follow his own advice on behaviour when on camera and has since changed his mind saying this could go on for a year or so
    - Prime minister is still shaking hands with people
    - Schools are still open because closing down would be too drastic. And would make tracking the disease more difficult, according to our minister of education.
    - Quarantining students returning from abroad is not happening because it's too drastic and they want to save that for later, if it gets worse.
    - The healthcare system has been criticized for a long time for understaffing and underfunding.

And what does the ministers say when they get on TV? They basically say "we're in a good position now because we have been paying off on our state debts, don't panic"

Seriously, it's like their solution is to just keep their fingers crossed. Am I supposed to trust these jackasses with the life of my ex-wife and youngest daughter? The ex has respiratory issues and complications since birth, my daughter has had extreme reactions to infections in the past. It's them I worry for and the governments lack of proper action early on has just given me more reason to worry.

21. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    So Bahrain and Vietnam are delayed. Sorry if it was said already in this thread. Edit: yep it was. Had to find it in between posts with people really worried. It's going to be ok everyone.

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Australia as well.

But the thing is, this is pointless. Even if we assume that the Covid-19 crisis is over globally by June, when do you want to hold these races? The season is full as it is. They could be squeezed into the summer break or added at the end but how realistic is that really?

I consider "postponed" a euphemism for "cancelled". Probably saves the race organizers to pay back the ticket $ for a while.