Any thoughts on the 348 on BaT | FerrariChat

Any thoughts on the 348 on BaT

Discussion in '348/355' started by 355dreamer, Mar 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
  2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    It is beautiful, and very nicely presented.

There isn't a bad line anywhere on a 348.

Since I'm very biased (e.g. love all 348s) there's not much for me to add. Except, the black interior is better suited for northerly climes. Just too brutal in the Southern sun when the top is down.

355dreamer likes this.
  3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    2.5/5. Pretty average or lower driver quality. Detailed pictures show numerous paint issues, lack of attention to detail on under carriage. Been around the block so to speak. 20 footer at best. Just my unbiased, unemotional opinion.

ILLA NOIZ likes this.
  4. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    Tough to tell without seeing it up close. But as johnk mentioned, it appears pretty average. And average is fine so long as the final price reflects condition and probable work required.

That said, there's something about the combo of being a 348 spider in silver that somehow makes the car look great. It's very eye catching, particularly from certain angles. I've seen other 348 spiders in different colors, but the silver really complements the body style.

5. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    A silver 348 is a thing of beauty... Too bad that the previous owner(s) of this particular one saw to treat it poorly.

It presents nice, but retouched photos tend to do that. Overall, I agree with the above - it's just an average car, and I hope that the BaT hysteria doesn't over inflate the price too much.

6. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    as long as the sale price reflects the condition of the car, its a good buy. Great color combo and everything is fixable. Clearly there are some areas of paint issue, but I wanted to add that from my personal experience silver (for whatever reason) when photographed seems to show shade differences that are not actually there. There are a couple of pics where it looks like adjoining panels are a shade or two off from each other.. Having not seen the car in person I can say that more times than not that is a trick/flaw of photography and not what the car might actually look like in person.

7. ILLA NOIZ

ILLA NOIZ Karting

Mar 28, 2015
    Concord, North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Drew
    I agree that a Silver 348 is a thing of beauty... and yes, I am completely biased. ;)

This vehicle is an average driver as mentioned. It has been for sale for a long time and prices stated in the 60s IIRC. It was horribly wrapped flat black with bronze 19s before being returned to what you see here. I'm in the Charlotte area myself.

8. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    First 348 I almost bought was argento on red. I absolutely LOVE silver on the 348. It really brings out the lines of the car and looks great with the strakes and taillights.

Ended up with blu sera. But I do love a silver 348!

Robb likes this.
  9. axarunner

axarunner Karting

Sep 8, 2019
    Glen Ridge, NJ
    Full Name:
    Dan Murphy
    I believe the reserve is less than $50K which is fair. Some the clear coat was peeled off when the black wrap was removed so that's going to be expensive to resolve. I do like it though, especially in silver.

10. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The cars were single stage paint I am not aware that they were clear coated. An anyone confirm because if true and the clear peeled up then perhaps it has a paint job in it's past?

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    I was told they were single stage, as said, using two pack paint with no clear coat.

12. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    No sure about the 348 but early 355s with both single stand and 2 stage. Soild colors were single stage. Metallics were 2 stage, base clear, AFAIK.

13. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    I had a '94 348 Challenge that was manufactured in Dec 1993. It had single stage paint. It was also rosso corsa, not a metallic.

14. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Metallic 348s are base/clear. Non-metallics are single stage.

sjd

allandwf and Wade like this.
  15. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    The picture of the paint sticker shows it to be a clear coat car. The "/ C" tells you that on the sticker: "ARGENTO FER 101 / C".

Julia, bjwhite and Wade like this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I’d be interested to see what it fetches with the virus frenzy going on... the TR did pretty good the other day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    Learning all the time, that explains mine, solid black.

18. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    That went pretty cheap, $38.5k.

19. zipdang

zipdang Rookie

Mar 17, 2020
    Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Keith
    That was me ! My first Italian car since I briefly owned a Fiat 850 Spider when I was 16. I am looking forward to arranging shipping. The FChat community support was a big factor in my decision to buy. I enjoy doing work that is within (or near) my skill set. I REALLY enjoy driving fun cars.

Cheers

Robb, 2NA, the_stig and 11 others like this.
  20. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Congratulations!

21. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Well done my brother! You did great on that auction. That’s a beautiful car, at a great price. Be sure to continue to post pictures ones you get it delivered.

22. zipdang

zipdang Rookie

Mar 17, 2020
    Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Thanks I was as surprised as anyone that it made reserve. I will definitely update once the car is here.

I look forward to learning a lot in the coming days/weeks /months/years!!!

axarunner likes this.
  23. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    Congrats Keith! Well done. Great looking car.

24. Sami

Sami Karting

Jan 28, 2012
    Congrats. Enjoy in good health.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. Carmellini

Carmellini Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2019
    great form! hope you have lots of fun with your new Italian girl