612 OTO market values higher than FF | Page 15 | FerrariChat

612 OTO market values higher than FF

Discussion in '612/599' started by MoeD, Aug 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    There were several wheel options available. The challenge wheels, ball polished wheels, and the standard wheels, I believe. I ordered the standard wheels on my car. I didn't like the ball polished wheels, and was concerned about how difficult it would be to keep the challenge wheels clean, although with the CC brakes, it's really not an issue. That said, I think I still prefer the standard wheels (but I've gone back and forth on that).

I'm really surprised I've ended up with such a rare car (not my intention when I placed the order!), but as we all know, rarity does not necessarily equal value.

2. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I believe this was greybeasts car. He has been trying to sell it for a year. Frankly for a 612 it doesn't get much better than his car other than a stick and the fact that it is black (value wise). So for most 612s I don't see getting much more than what he will get. Now I note he did NOT sell and it was the same week that coronavirus hit the markets and that had to have a chilling effect on the ability of people to spend money (I know that personally I was feeling much better off the prior week). So I don't know if this means much more than the best 612 on the marketplace is worth more than $91K.

I think my 07 non OTO is worth $95K but until I sell (which I never will) that is just talk.

Nospinzone likes this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeh sad - such a great car...

Makuono likes this.
  4. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Well this is interesting. Greybeast’s really nice 09 OTO only got bid up to $91K on Bring A Trailer.

Here is a link to a 2006 Non OTO 612 with similar mileage that just sold on BAT for $90K. Hard to justify a 3 year older non OTO going for similar money to the last offer on Greybeasts car on the same venue just a couple of weeks later. I agree the color of the 06 is probably the most desirable color, but still!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-ferrari-612-scaglietti-8/

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I guess sometimes it just depends who is looking on any given week. I just watched a new episode from Wayne Carini and he brought a client's 2 cars to auction and neither met reserve. He said the right people just weren't there that day.

I agree the exterior color may be more desirable, but I can't imagine that interior is. Not that it is bad looking, but I wouldn't want to have to keep it clean. :D

6. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    When I was looking for a 612 OTO several years ago, I found a lot of black on black cars which stayed available for very long periods of time. Perhaps some of the allure of black cars is gone.

4rextc likes this.
  7. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    Yeah. Weird. To boot, that 2006 car had no Daytona seats, one key shown in pics, service records only since 2011 and had an aftermarket sound system. The Tubi exhaust is probably value neutral. But that Grigio Silverstone really is amazing. The fact that it was sold by a well-known BaT dealer may have helped the selling price. I also still had some balance left on a loan, which could have been a sticking point for those with trust issues, lol. Who knows what really affects selling prices? Every case is unique.

Silver lining is that I've been out for several awesome drives since the auction ended! May actually take another one this afternoon.
    Cheers

FerrariTexas and MRY like this.
  8. jlaws02

jlaws02 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2017
    south carolina
    well that is indeed a silver lining. i'm surprised that your OTO only got up to 91K, but maybe i'm more surprised that a 2006 non-HGTS with limited service records got to 90K. there has not been much/any interest in my 2006 612 HGTS that's also grigio silverstone, so i'm experiencing the same silver lining.

9. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    #360 RonH, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Greybeast, so stay with us! On a personal note, black is beautiful. While my 612 is red, my other car is black and I love it. I think your car is gorgeous and what are you really going to replace it with? Nothing comes close!

m5shiv likes this.
  10. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    Appreciate the kind words. Not looking to replace. And I'd love to hold on to her, but I need to commit some capital to a venture and selling the Ferraris was a start. Got decent money for the 355. We'll see what happens...if she does sell, I'll get back in the game at some point.

11. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    So above I talked about the 06 612 that sold on BAT for $90K. Turns out the buyer didn’t follow through and so the seller relisted it and it again just sold for $90K with a fairly active bidding session.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-ferrari-612-scaglietti-8-2/

So not a bad result for a first generation 612 with 20K miles. Does this maybe suggest that the 612 market has bottomed? There is not a much tougher crowd to sell a car to than the BAT marketplace and probably no tougher time to sell than right now.

12. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ehhh who knows. the 2+2 get no love, just the way it is. i have 456 gtma, 612 oto, and an FF. its shocking to me that these cars trade where they do. by far some of my most enjoyable miles across all my ferraris and cars.

13. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
  14. Iraklii

Iraklii Rookie

Apr 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    iraklii kondzhariia
    #366 Iraklii, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
    Mamich likes this.
  15. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Bit of a subdued colour, but oooopht... that's a nice example.

16. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    The wheels and two tone paint kind of give it a Sessanta look. Don’t like the white line separating the two colors, but then not really a fan of the two tone Sessanta paint either. Love the interior though.

17. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula
    I agree. It looks like a sessanta without the glass roof. It would be spectacular with a full Grigio Ferro paint work and diamond stitched Iroko interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xtLSport likes this.
  18. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
  19. danmano

danmano Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Danny Manoukian
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2007-ferrari-612-scaglietti/

It really seems like the market is a bit all over the place. I picked up this 2007 GTC for $75,500 on BAT. Considering the price I won it at, I was a bit scared about what hidden issues it may have. I had a post PPI from SV Ferrari and its in very good condition. I believe it is one of the transition cars before the OTOs came out.

I hope the market picks back up in the next year. IMO these cars are worth so much more than what I paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp, donv, 599_GTO and 1 other person like this.
  20. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    #372 m5shiv, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
    That's a lot of car for the money. Enjoy ! They keep getting better as you drive them. Change all your coolant hoses is my tip.

MRY and 599_GTO like this.
  21. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    That’s a fantastic deal. Looks just like Raider’s!

danmano likes this.
  22. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    if i remeber correctly , not orginal paint car repainted ( this can be big issue when resale ) , headliner need repair . stickies repairs..no recent major or annual
    additional 10k in repair ..

vcappp likes this.
  23. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That is a very nice looking 612. I also own a TdF Blue/Cuiuo 612, although mine is an OTO and has a few differences. But I think you did very well.

4rextc likes this.